Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Smugglers posing as refugees (Read 3684 times)
progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Smugglers posing as refugees
Reply #60 - Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:19pm

Terrorists, posing as smugglers, posing as refugees. Thanks labor.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 6:46am

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #62 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:14am

progressiveslol wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 11:19pm:

Did Labor invade Afghanistan and Iraq and destabilise the middle east and south asia?
I dont think so..................................

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #63 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:52am

For all the lefties out their - regardless of how you feel about Abbott - you need to analyse each of Labor's mistakes in isolation.

The reality here is Labor has given refugee status to a group of people smugglers.

If there was ever evidence that these actions are representative of queue jumping then this is it. Don't automatic revert to the rhetoric of "what queue" but look at the fact that these families have taken the places of other applicants in detention in Australia and overseas.

You are a disgrace Labor

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #64 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:54am

adelcrow wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:14am:

Did Labor invade Afghanistan and Iraq and destabilise the middle east and south asia?

So you are now blaming the LIBs for making this guy become a people smuggler because of the war?

You are abhorrent adel!!!

IP Logged

angeleyes
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:13am

Maqqa wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 7:54am:

So you are now blaming the LIBs for making this guy become a people smuggler because of the war?

You are abhorrent adel!!!

Hey, I'm abhorrent and I object to being compared with Adel.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 9:58am

Brilliant. Tell us, how did Howard turn you into an abject idiot? 

Cap'n Mahmood, or whatever his name is, lived in Malaysia for years, making big money from organising boats. SO he wasn't fleeing hardship, yhou bloody fool.
Then he boarded a boat himslef and Gillard accepted him as a refugee. Then he organised 'family reunion' for his wife and grown up kids. That are all here, all pulling in benefits and live in separate public housing - all paid for by taxpayers. Claiming benefitr and at the same time pulling in big dollars for organising boats.

And all you have is the same tired old reflex about wars? You idiots haven't had an independent thought for most of your adult lives, if ever.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #67 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 10:03am

adelcrow wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:24pm:
Maqqa wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 10:22pm:
Phallic Baldwin wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 9:31pm:
I have a question on this.

If a boat with 50 people gets picked up in Australian waters and the occupants sent to Christmas Island for processing, etc, does that mean that 50 people who are in refugee camps somewhere else in the world get pushed back in the line?

Not trying to put an argument forward or anything here - just trying to understand the circumstances of this better.

Yes

what line?

The cap of 14,000 annual refugee visas, Che Geriant.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #68 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:54pm

Soren wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 5:04pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:39pm:
Soren wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:53pm:
As always the right wing media waxes hysterically and those who believe everything they read in the rightwing media bark on command.

The Sydney Daily Telegraph, in a beat up on the Four Corner's programme, uses the term "alleged" or "allegedly" NINE times in its article.

Translated, the term means: "Look, we have no idea whether this is true or not, but we're going to publish it anyway because it suits our prejudices."

Ironically the DT article appears alongside a report that the Australian Press Council has caned the newspaper for "an especially serious breach of its principles" in previous coverage of asylum seekers. The APC found the DT's coverage was "gravely inaccurate, unfair and offensive".

Jesus, Peter, you must have been pigging out on gelatin or something similar because you are really getting thicker before our eyes.

News outlets use the word 'allegedly' when they report on something that has not yet been decided by a court. It is news - needs to be reported - but the criminality is not proven yet - so it is only an allegation.

Rubbish. Offensive rubbish seems to be your strongest suit. After more than 40 years working in the media I suspect I might just know a little more about it than you.

The DT had not done any sort of investigation, simply taking the TV programme and shoving "allegedly" in to try and cover their backsides. There is no court case pending and not even any arrests made.

Grin

You worked more than 40 years in the media, did you? As what, a newsagent?

Once again, Soren, you prove yourself both ignorant and offensive. Why you constantly resort to personal attacks, only you can answer.

I worked as a senior journalist for a major New Zealand newspaper and served two terms as National President of the NZ Journalists Union.

From any  half decent person I would now expect an apology. So that probably leaves you out. We'll see.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

angeleyes
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:59pm

Peter Freedman wrote on Jun 6th, 2012 at 12:54pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 3:39pm:
Soren wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 2:01pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on Jun 5th, 2012 at 1:53pm:
As always the right wing media waxes hysterically and those who believe everything they read in the rightwing media bark on command.

The Sydney Daily Telegraph, in a beat up on the Four Corner's programme, uses the term "alleged" or "allegedly" NINE times in its article.

Translated, the term means: "Look, we have no idea whether this is true or not, but we're going to publish it anyway because it suits our prejudices."

Ironically the DT article appears alongside a report that the Australian Press Council has caned the newspaper for "an especially serious breach of its principles" in previous coverage of asylum seekers. The APC found the DT's coverage was "gravely inaccurate, unfair and offensive".

Jesus, Peter, you must have been pigging out on gelatin or something similar because you are really getting thicker before our eyes.

News outlets use the word 'allegedly' when they report on something that has not yet been decided by a court. It is news - needs to be reported - but the criminality is not proven yet - so it is only an allegation.

Rubbish. Offensive rubbish seems to be your strongest suit. After more than 40 years working in the media I suspect I might just know a little more about it than you.

The DT had not done any sort of investigation, simply taking the TV programme and shoving "allegedly" in to try and cover their backsides. There is no court case pending and not even any arrests made.

Grin

Once again, Soren, you prove yourself both ignorant and offensive. Why you constantly resort to personal attacks, only you can answer.

I worked as a senior journalist for a major New Zealand newspaper and served two terms as National President of the NZ Journalists Union.

From any  half decent person I would now expect an apology. So that probably leaves you out.
We'll see.

Oh PLEASE!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #70 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:07pm

Thanks angeleyes. I had already realised where you come from. Being a reactionary means never having to say you're sorry, doesn't it darling?

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:15pm

Absolutely not. Angeleyes recently apologised to Phallic Baldwin during a costume change.

Matty saw it.

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #72 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:18pm

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/13877315/smuggler-may-lose-his-vis...

Despite insisting Australia's system for processing asylum claims was "rigorous", Immigration Minister Chris Bowen has ordered his department to investigate Capt. Emad's case, warning his protection visa could be torn up.

Until yesterday, Capt. Emad was employed as a trolley collector at a supermarket in Canberra, working as a subcontractor for the Sydney company Jae My Holdings.

Company director Susan Lee told _The West Australian _ she terminated the contract yesterday when she learnt of his alleged past.

Ms Lee said she had contracted his company about six weeks ago after he produced company extracts and a passport, which she believed showed he was an Australian citizen. She photocopied this document.

_The West Australian _ has confirmed Capt. Emad does not have a passport but a so-called certificate of identity that allows people on protection visas to travel.

A company search showed Ali al-Abassi is director of Top Collector Pty Ltd, which was established in April. It gives his date of birth as July 19, 1957, the same date as on his certificate of identity.

When his wife Hanan Mohammad Ahmad al-Abassi, three sons Ahmad, Muhammad and Murad and daughter Sarah claimed asylum in 2009 they said he was dead.

Attempts to contact Capt. Emad were unsuccessful.

HMAS Ararat yesterday intercepted the 49th boat in Australian waters this year, stopping it north-west of Christmas Island with 49 people aboard.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #73 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:40pm

From any  half decent person I would now expect an apology. So that probably leaves you out. We'll see.

Sorry, I don't believe you.

Posting on forums about unions and journalism don't count.

(Will this do?)

Are you saying that you were the president of the EPMU twice? That's bollocks. You big note yourself, trying to somehow have some authority, but it doesn't work. SO people laff at you and you get offended. Mebbe cut the Baron Munchausen stuff.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #74 - Jun 6th, 2012 at 1:45pm

Grin

Hey, there is nothing offensive about being a newsagent! Are you a newsagent-hater?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print