Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Parallels between Islam and Nazism (Read 22340 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Parallels between Islam and Nazism
Reply #90 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 6:02pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 1:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2022 at 1:14pm:
How many Muslims did you actually speak to in order to know what the majority of the world's 2 billion Muslims think?

I'm guessing more than you spoke to in order to "know" that precisely 100% of the world's 2 billion muslims support genocide.

You really do walk right into these things FD.

I spoke to you, for starters. You support genocide.

As you like to say, tough titties, off with their heads.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Aug 16th, 2022 at 6:53pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 1:07pm:
freediver wrote on Jul 17th, 2022 at 1:14pm:
How many Muslims did you actually speak to in order to know what the majority of the world's 2 billion Muslims think?

I'm guessing more than you spoke to in order to "know" that precisely 100% of the world's 2 billion muslims support genocide.

What you need to ask and clear up first is:

1. Did Mohammed and his Koran and hadiths support and model the practice genocide of the Jews and assorted other infidels?

Then you ask:

2. Do Muslim take Mohammed, the Koran and hadiths seriously - unalterable word of Allah and all that?

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #92 - Aug 18th, 2022 at 9:13am

freediver wrote on Aug 16th, 2022 at 6:02pm:
I spoke to you, for starters. You support genocide.

As you like to say, tough titties, off with their heads.

Yes FD, we suffered through over 70 pages of your "2 billion muslims think this way because - gandalf" argument. I called it the "mindless collective" argument. Presumably WTLF could simply quote another muslim that agrees with him - and he also could apply that to 2 billion people - no?

You spent over 70 pages twisting yourself into knots trying to tell me why it was perfectly ok to say that "all muslims support genocide" - without actually needing to know what "all muslims" actually think or say on the matter. For you, no more than about 5 or 6 was sufficient: me, abu, falah, and a couple of others that you never actually identified, but assured me existed.

So do you agree its a little strange you are now suddenly interested in how many muslims someone actually spoke to "in order to know what the majority of the world's 2 billion Muslims think?"

And they are only claiming what a "majority" think - with you, it was what "all" of them think.

Does the breathtaking hypocrisy ever get to you FD?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #93 - Aug 18th, 2022 at 7:05pm

Quote:
Yes FD, we suffered through over 70 pages of your "2 billion muslims think this way because - gandalf" argument. I called it the "mindless collective" argument. Presumably WTLF could simply quote another muslim that agrees with him - and he also could apply that to 2 billion people - no?

It was your inability to find a single Muslim who disagrees, despite 70 pages of your tapdancing, that was the clincher.

Have you ever met a Muslim who does not support genocide?

Quote:
So do you agree its a little strange you are now suddenly interested in how many muslims someone actually spoke to "in order to know what the majority of the world's 2 billion Muslims think?"

No.

You could always try letting her speak for herself.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #94 - Aug 19th, 2022 at 1:58pm

freediver wrote on Aug 18th, 2022 at 7:05pm:
It was your inability to find a single Muslim who disagrees

And thats called the "prove a negative" argument. Its a well known logical fallacy.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #95 - Aug 20th, 2022 at 8:14am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 19th, 2022 at 1:58pm:
freediver wrote on Aug 18th, 2022 at 7:05pm:
It was your inability to find a single Muslim who disagrees

And thats called the "prove a negative" argument. Its a well known logical fallacy.

It's the exact opposite Gandalf. Do you really not understand what the term means? It was you who was, quite literally, demanding I prove a negative, oblivious to the absurdity of your demands, even as you detailed them in all their absurdity.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #96 - Aug 22nd, 2022 at 1:31pm

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2022 at 8:14am:
Do you really not understand what the term means? It was you who was, quite literally, demanding I prove a negative, oblivious to the absurdity of your demands, even as you detailed them in all their absurdity.

humour me FD, which negative was I asking you to prove? Do tell me it was when I asked you to prove your absurd claim that every single muslim supports genocide - I could do with a good laugh.

Look up the "prove a negative" fallacy. You'll see a definition that goes something like this:

1. someone makes a claim that is completely unsubstantiated. Like, for example, "All muslims support genocide" (your exact quote).

2. someone else (eg me), comes along and says "what evidence is there that every single muslim on earth supports genocide?

3. the first person (thats you), replies by asking back "show me evidence that every single muslim *DOESN'T* support genocide" - or the way you put it "show me a single muslim that doesn't support genocide" (which is exactly the same).

Thats the gist of what happened. A more textbook case of the 'prove a negative' fallacy could not be found. I skipped over the tedious "well gandalf supports genocide - so it must be true" idiocy - which is actually doing you a favour.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - Aug 23rd, 2022 at 7:29am

Quote:
which negative was I asking you to prove?

That not a single Muslim opposes genocide. You literally demanded that I can only say this if I somehow poll every single Muslim on earth.

You job to counter this on the other hand is pretty much the opposite. You only have to find one Muslim who opposes genocide. Your inability to do so has nothing to do with logical fallacies. Rather, it stems from the fact that all Muslims support genocide.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #98 - Aug 23rd, 2022 at 7:49am

The parrallel between the Mafia/Vatican and Nazism is closer.

The Moslems seek their Messiah, to offset their Prophet, so that they may finally rest in peace laying down their 'Empire' and its last vapors: terrorism.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #99 - Aug 25th, 2022 at 11:50am

freediver wrote on Aug 23rd, 2022 at 7:29am:
Quote:
which negative was I asking you to prove?

That not a single Muslim opposes genocide.

The 'prove a negative' fallacy is only used after an unsubstantiated claim is made in the first place. You came up with the claim in question - not me (all muslims support genocide) - and then essentially came back and said "prove it isn't true" (find me a muslim who doesn't support it) when I dared ask for evidence.

You are literally saying that asking for proof for a claim that so desperately needs proof (all muslims support genocide) - is a fallacy. Go figure.

Imagine if I said "all jews support genocide" - based solely on what their prophets did to the Canaanites. In response you (rightly) demand proof for such an outrageous claim - which inescapably can only be done by collecting evidence of what every single jew on earth thinks on the matter. Would it be reasonable to you if I turned around and said "oh, in other words, you want me to prove that not a single jew opposes it - thats a fallacy innit!"

Quote:
You literally demanded that I can only say this if I somehow poll every single Muslim on earth.

Yes I did FD - and that is absolutely 100% true. Can you explain how else you can "prove" what 100% of the entire muslim population thinks? Take your time.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2022 at 12:51pm by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #100 - Aug 27th, 2022 at 8:57am

Quote:
The 'prove a negative' fallacy is only used after an unsubstantiated claim is made in the first place. You came up with the claim in question - not me (all muslims support genocide) - and then essentially came back and said "prove it isn't true" (find me a muslim who doesn't support it) when I dared ask for evidence.

That is not asking you to prove a negative. You were asking me to prove a negative. The logic is clear and simple Gandalf.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #101 - Aug 29th, 2022 at 1:51pm

freediver wrote on Aug 27th, 2022 at 8:57am:
Quote:

That is not asking you to prove a negative. You were asking me to prove a negative. The logic is clear and simple Gandalf.

I asked you to prove your BS claim FD - nothing more, nothing less. And 3 years later, you are still doing all the mental acrobats you can think of to avoid coming up with any sort of evidence for the utterly insane claim that 100% of muslims - all ~2 billion of us - support genocide.

Not particularly remarkable in itself - you routinely make similar absurd claims. But mildly amusing now (as much as your tedious mental gymnastics can be "amusing") that you try and trip someone up for not being willing to say how many muslims he interrogated in order to claim what a majority (not even 100% like you) think.

Also not the least bit remarkable - that the blatant hypocricy of it goes right over your head.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #102 - Aug 29th, 2022 at 2:27pm

Quote:
I asked you to prove your BS claim FD - nothing more, nothing less.

You asked me to prove a negative, then accused me of asking you to prove a negative. I thought it was worth the detour to explain what the concept means.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #103 - Aug 30th, 2022 at 9:51am

We are still in denial about radical Islam

On 11 September 2011, the 10th anniversary of 9/11, there was a mass brawl outside a pub in Marble Arch in London. A bunch of boozed-up members of the English Defence League had a run-in with Muslim youths. It was depicted as typical EDL ugliness. As one eye-witness described it to the Evening Standard, the ‘EDL guys’ were drinking outside the pub ‘when a large group of Muslims walked past’. The EDL thugs ‘started hurling racist abuse at the Muslims, who took offence’. ‘[The Muslims] got angry’, the eye-witness said, ‘and were yelling back’. Things escalated and two EDL members were stabbed.

The media the next day featured images of snarling, fuming EDL blokes. You know the type: fortysomething, with very trimmed haircuts, wouldn’t look out of place in a Danny Dyer documentary. The fascist menace, as they’re so often described. Two people from that fight in 2011 did indeed go on to become murderous neo-fascists. They went on to kidnap people they considered to be their inferiors, put them in cages, gave them ‘dog names’, tortured them, and then conspired in slitting their throats and removing their heads. Only it wasn’t any of the EDL guys. It was two of the Muslim youths they were reportedly hurling abuse at.

It was El Shafee Elsheikh and Alexanda Kotey. They were involved in that EDL-Muslim clash. They were arrested over the stabbing of the EDL members but were later released without charge. A few months after the brawl, in 2012, the pair travelled to Syria to throw their lot in with Islamic extremists. They first fought with Jabhat al-Nusra, an al-Qaeda offshoot, and then with the Islamic State. They rose up through the ISIS ranks and, with fellow Britons Mohammed Emwazi and Aine Davis, formed a notorious hostage-taking cell that came to be nicknamed ‘the ISIS Beatles’. Their depravity was extraordinary. They abused and tortured their captives. They treated them like dogs. They beheaded them on camera. They did this to aid workers and journalists. Their behaviour was ‘egregious, violent and inhumane’, in the words of the American judge who gave a life sentence to Kotey in April this year. You still want to talk about the fascist menace?

We are in denial about an evil in our midst. About a very serious problem of religious violence that has caused death and destruction both at home and abroad – some 900 Britons travelled to Syria to assist ISIS. Identity politics has hamstrung the elites. Their identitarian prejudices mean they fear offending allegedly fragile Muslims and inflaming the latent racism of the white masses if too much is said about the problem of radical Islam. This benefits no one, least of all our fellow Muslim citizens, who are as keen as the rest of us to combat Islamist terrorism. Looking back on that brawl in 2011, the question is why weren’t liberals and secular leftists and humanists more broadly counter-protesting those radical Islamists who were raging against America and Western democracy? Where were we? Why was it left to hard-right opportunists to stand up to a genuine hate group, two of whose members would go on to inflict extreme ideological terror on scores of people? The silence of the elites scares me far more than the rabble-rousing of a few right-wing fools.

https://www.spiked-online.com/2022/08/28/we-are-still-in-denial-about-radical-is...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #104 - Aug 30th, 2022 at 10:10am

Quote:

You spent over 70 pages twisting yourself into knots trying to tell me why it was perfectly ok to say that
"all muslims support genocide" - without actually needing to know what "all muslims" actually think or say on the matter.

polite gandalf,

Q.
Does an individual who publicly declares that they are a moslem/muslim,
in doing so, identify himself/herself,   .....AS A FOLLOWER OF ISLAM ?

I say yes gandalf.

What say you ?

Q.
WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF A MOSLEM ?       [in the Oxford dictionary]

------- >

Moslem = = a follower of ISLAM.

------- >

Yadda said.....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1570367530/2#2
Quote:

MY ARGUMENT;
1/ Every moslem is a follower of ISLAM.

2/ And ISLAM is a philosophy which mandates that its followers must fight and kill people, who reject ISLAM, and reject the primacy of ISLAMIC law.

And, a new attack is going to occur whenever      any individual moslem [living among us, in Australia] decides that 'now' is a good moment for him to prove his devotion to ISLAM and to Allah.

HATRED OF ALL NON-MOSLEMS, is PURE mainstream ISLAMIC doctrine.

----- >

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1608864099/1#1
Quote:

ARGUMENT;
The religious strictures of ISLAM require the follower of ISLAM;
1/ to love and to serve Allah's religion,
and,
2/ to hate all things which are deemed to be, NON-ISLAMIC.

".....loving and hating for the sake of Allah."

The religious strictures of ISLAM itself, determine what type of life is acceptable to ISLAM.  [a not uncommon situ, for followers of any religion]

And these religious strictures, 'nominate' [for the edification of the believer] every item [and idea] in this world, as being either ISLAMICALLY approved, or not.

And those 'things' which are not ISLAMICALLY approved, are to be rejected and hated, by the follower of ISLAM.

INCLUDING, all disbelievers.   e.g. Koran 60.4

FURTHER;

WWW search....
AL WALAA WAL BARAA, "Islamic jurists"

Essentially, it translates as;

".....loving and hating for the sake of Allah."

It means, LOVING your moslem brothers.   .....as per ISLAMIC religious precepts.

It means, HATING the non-moslem.   .....as per ISLAMIC religious precepts.

It means, being a moslem.

It means, OBEYING ISLAMIC LAW !

Pure Al-wala' wa-l-bara' in the Koran....

"Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred...."
Koran 58.22

"O ye who believe! Choose not your fathers nor your brethren for friends if they take pleasure in disbelief rather than faith. Whoso of you taketh them for friends, such are wrong-doers."
Koran 9.23

Yadda said....
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1431117115/1#1
Quote:

"every moslem in Australia is a latent, wanna-be homicidal maniac"

- Yadda

QUESTION;
What about the innocent moslems ?

IMO, [logically] there are no innocent moslems [among persons who have come to the age of consent], and yet still declare themselves to be moslems.

How so [logically] ?

QUESTION;
How credible is it that a person who is devout enough to insist that he is a moslem, is unaware of what ISLAM promotes, and is unaware of what the principle tenets of ISLAM are ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],      ...to a philosophy which transforms human beings, into homicidal maniacs ?

QUESTION;
How 'innocent' is a person who agrees to give aid and comfort [and to give their own 'power'],     ...to a philosophy which claims that murdering, in the cause of religious bigotry, is a religious virtue ?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11
Send Topic Print