Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
A good day for Queenslanders (Read 2610 times)
progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

A good day for Queenslanders
May 28th, 2012 at 12:03am

Office of Climate Propaganda confirmed to be closed by Newman

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/workplace-rights-office-justice-body-...

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: A good day for slave labour
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2012 at 12:10am

Newman is closing down an agency designed to help the public navigate their workplace rights.

Was this demanded from Clive Palmer?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A good day for Queenslanders
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2012 at 5:58am

50 public servants... sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

think of it 50 chairs 50 computers.50 desks.50 phones.. and so it goes on.

these are like mini empires..and usually pointless.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 28th, 2012 at 6:49am

Office of Workplace Rights was just an ALP state government-funded Union body in reality. What a waste of taxpayer funds that was!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - May 28th, 2012 at 7:26am

Doesnt look like he did much damage but we will see. The climate change one and the workplace rights one will prolly have to be restarted or delegated somewhere else @ some point.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #5 - May 28th, 2012 at 3:27pm

Quote:
The Newman government has confirmed it will wind up the Office of Climate Change, the Sentencing Advisory Council and the Queensland Workplace Rights Office as part of its cost-cutting drive.

Great stuff, 'can do.'

Next stop, the Humanities departments and other trendy academic departments.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #6 - May 28th, 2012 at 3:46pm

Most federal and state public service departments across the country could be closed or slashed without to many issues so I have no problem with Queensland or any other state getting rid of waste. It is taxpayers money after all and every cent should be spent wisely.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2012 at 4:55pm

We have Fairwork for a reason, no need for state duplication on workplace relations.

Good call.

At 50 workers on public service wages, thats $2.5m plus back in the state coffers.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 28th, 2012 at 4:57pm

The Office of Climate Change, headed by former premier Anna Bligh's bureaucrat husband Greg Withers, was created by the previous government in 2007 to oversee climate policy and programs.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/workplace-rights-office-justice-body-axed-20120518-1yvvw.html#ixzz1w93hM95b

*Insert groan here*

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #9 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:03am

Well. Now he got rid of those departments what to do with the money? Oh I know something frivolous!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-29/newman-unveils-2b-government-buildings-pla...

Quote:
The Queensland Government plans a $2 billion master plan to revamp the government office precinct in Brisbane's CBD.

The existing Executive Building on George Street is to be demolished or sold and other buildings will also be sold.

The State Government is about to advertise for a private partner to deliver the project, which is expected to create over 18,000 jobs.

Premier Campbell Newman says the review of government buildings is long overdue.

"To allow us to rationalise a whole lot of CBD property that the State Government has and to also put public servants into proper, decent office accommodation," he said.

"Frankly many of them are working in rundown, cramped space that hasn't seen a refit for over 20 to 30 years."

Mr Newman says the $2 billion project will be built and funded by the private sector.

"That will allow the Government to move in on long-term leases and allow us to rationalise and sell-off some of the office stock we currently have, or have it refurbished, and then put onto the market," he said.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:25am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 10:03am:
Well. Now he got rid of those departments what to do with the money? Oh I know something frivolous!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-05-29/newman-unveils-2b-government-buildings-pla...

Quote:
The Queensland Government plans a $2 billion master plan to revamp the government office precinct in Brisbane's CBD.

The existing Executive Building on George Street is to be demolished or sold and other buildings will also be sold.

The State Government is about to advertise for a private partner to deliver the project, which is expected to create over 18,000 jobs.

Premier Campbell Newman says the review of government buildings is long overdue.

"To allow us to rationalise a whole lot of CBD property that the State Government has and to also put public servants into proper, decent office accommodation," he said.

"Frankly many of them are working in rundown, cramped space that hasn't seen a refit for over 20 to 30 years."

Mr Newman says the $2 billion project will be built and funded by the private sector.

"That will allow the Government to move in on long-term leases and allow us to rationalise and sell-off some of the office stock we currently have, or have it refurbished, and then put onto the market," he said.

SOB

I take it you missed "Mr Newman says the $2 billion project will be built and funded by the private sector."

IP Logged

Incomptinence

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:29am

Private sector funded offices for pollies?

Sounds fishy.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #12 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:32am

Incomptinence wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 10:29am:

Sounds fishy.

Indeed.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:38am

Incomptinence wrote on May 29th, 2012 at 10:29am:

Sounds fishy.

How so. They will lease just like any other business does.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #14 - May 29th, 2012 at 10:47am

The Can Do administration is looking more and more like a rerun of Yes Minister. First the pot plants, then tea and coffee, then sandwiches, now people.

Will the tea ladies be next?

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print