Bully Check? (Read 1697 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Bully Check?
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2012 at 9:11am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obesity_in_Australia

The percentage of overweight and obese children in Australia, despite heavy increases in the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s, have remained mostly steady for the past 10 years, with 23 to 24% of Australians under the age of 18 classified as overweight, and 5 to 6% of the same demographic classified as obese.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #16 - May 26th, 2012 at 10:00am

freediver wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 9:11am:

The percentage of overweight and obese children in Australia, despite heavy increases in the 1980s and the first half of the 1990s, have remained mostly steady for the past 10 years, with 23 to 24% of Australians under the age of 18 classified as overweight, and 5 to 6% of the same demographic classified as obese.

Well I am going by the evidence of my own eyes here. Since what I *see* isnt the same as what wikipedia says I have to assume there is something wrong with the stats. I expect this is the fact that they lowered the weight measuring system to include "normal" kids as overweight. Gotta make everyone skeletons.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - May 26th, 2012 at 11:44am

Either that or you see so many fat people you think it is normal to be unhealthy.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - May 26th, 2012 at 11:56am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 10:00am:
freediver wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 9:11am:

Well I am going by the evidence of my own eyes here. Since what I *see* isnt the same as what wikipedia says I have to assume there is something wrong with the stats. I expect this is the fact that they lowered the weight measuring system to include "normal" kids as overweight. Gotta make everyone skeletons.

SOB

There was a very small percentage of obese or even overweight kids in the class I was involved with earlier in the year.

None obese
two overweight
eighteen normal weight for size
four underweight

The obese kids must be in the city schools. Maybe the government don't want to abolish their health and dietary advertising programs, so they fudge the figures.

I would imagine if there were 24 adults in the room, the figures for overweight would be higher. I'm talking about my perception of normal weight ranges, not the glossy magazines view which would have 99% of the population as obese.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #19 - May 26th, 2012 at 7:00pm

Soren wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:40pm:
nairbe wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 8:33pm:
Soren wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 8:26pm:
Dsmithy70 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 7:59pm:
The first time a person finds out they were rejected for employment by a school recommendation the ligation will start.
I seem to have a fuzy memory of a case already where someone was sued for a bad reference.

That's typical bullying behaviour.

What is bullying behaviour?  maybe you would like to clarify your statement. It would seem more likely that you are trying to develop the standard loop approach to anything you don't understand and trash it.

A bully sueing for being called a bully - typical bullying behaviour.

In the end i can not judge on bullying as i was not bullied in my eyes when at school or younger, i was bullied a bit when an apprentice but i walked as i won't put up with that crap and karma did the rest.

An adult that bullies has no excuse but i have run over this already, children that bully are almost always bullied at home one way or another. This problem requires the courage to face up to the problem not the symtom and certainly not punish them latter for the failure of the school system and community standards

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #20 - May 26th, 2012 at 7:18pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 7:21pm:
Baronvonrort wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 7:18pm:
freediver wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 6:22pm:
I think many of the initiatives within schools have been good. They have definitely produced outcomes.

Does anyone else see the rise in childhood obesity after the crackdown on schoolyard bullies?

Yeah the fat bullies are not taking junk food off the other kids anymore, so instead of a couple of fat bullies, we have lots of obese kids.

That's funny.
Grin

IP Logged

Mnemonic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - May 27th, 2012 at 3:51pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 7:21pm:
Yeah the fat bullies are not taking junk food off the other kids anymore, so instead of a couple of fat bullies, we have lots of obese kids.

Rampant individualism leads to an over-consumption crisis. Bullies may have a purpose in the eco-system, deciding how to distribute energy and resources effectively. What happens in the playground could very well be a microcosm of the world as a whole. That's what Steve Jobs was for, and we all know what his management style was like.

Dictators are brilliant at conserving energy and resources.

nairbe wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 7:00pm:
An adult that bullies has no excuse but i have run over this already, children that bully are almost always bullied at home one way or another. This problem requires the courage to face up to the problem not the symtom and certainly not punish them latter for the failure of the school system and community standards

Yeah I agree. I don't think people should be punished for bullying in their childhood or adolescence. People grow out of that stuff. It's the people who don't grow out of it who are the problem.

freediver wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 11:44am:
Either that or you see so many fat people you think it is normal to be unhealthy.

I see so many skinny people it seems like everyone is dieting. The thing is, I like chubbiness in women (but not too chubby though, there needs to be a balance). I haven't had a crush for a long time because of the kinds of body shapes I've been seeing. I'm still waiting for the right kind of body. Too many skeletons and not enough balloons. Cheesy

Bobby. wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 7:18pm:
That's funny. Grin

That's the first time I've seen you laugh online.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print