Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
History of Islamic Science (Read 6308 times)
Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
History of Islamic Science
May 25th, 2012 at 1:26am

Abu, have you closed this thread to all posters or just me? Whatever the answer will you be willing to concede that Muslims did NOT create or invent Algebra?

http://www.ehow.com/video_4977241_who-invented-algebra.html

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: History of Islamic Science
Reply #1 - May 25th, 2012 at 10:12am

The thread is locked because it is a sticky thread designed to provide information, not be a venue of discussion.

If you'd like to discuss your revisionist bovine faeces then feel free to open a thread about it and go for your life.

Regarding the topic of Babylonians, nobody doubts Babylonians used some of the concepts that make up algebra, they did not systemise algebra as we know it today, just as the Wright brothers did not discover space travel, just because they were the first to engage in controlled flight.

No individual or collective civilisation can claim to have been solely responsible for any discoveries since the dawn of mankind, because all knowledge is built on prior knowledge, that in essence is what civilisation is all about, not going back to square one each time.

But honestly, those dropkicks who try to rob Islamic civilisation of its advancements just come off as petty and juvenile. Islamic civilisation brought more advancements to civilisation than any before them, just as Western civilisation has brought more than any before them... see the pattern? Or does your cultural supremacism blind you to clear and obvious facts even at the most fundamental level?

Remember, it's called algebra (al-Jabr) for a reason, and that word is clearly NOT a Babylonian word.

When you can find me a single scientist who hasn't built upon and been inspired by his predecessors, then perhaps this discussion might be worth having, until then, it is nothing but moot. It's a forgone conclusion that Islamic scientists built on previous works, just as all other scientists in the history of human civilisation did. Peddling the idea Muslims were the only to do that does nothing but make you appear as a grade A donkey.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - May 25th, 2012 at 10:47am

History of Islamic science = 2 post thread. 

Telling.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #3 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:28am

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 10:47am:

Telling.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT
Remember when I posted a huge couple of posts on inventions by Islamic s or Muslims and you people completely ignored the fact.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #4 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:32am

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:28am:

Telling.

Remember when I posted a huge couple of posts on inventions by Islamic s or Muslims and you people completely ignored the fact.

Not how I remember it at all.  As I recall, I said first off that they once made contributions to science but had been in the dark ages for almost 1000 years.

Then, you posted a list of meagre contributions, with conspicuously few examples since the 13th century....almost as if....as if they'd been in the dark ages for almost 1000 years....

If you'd like to check, here it is:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1334559824/5

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #5 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:35am

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:32am:
bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:28am:

Telling.

Not how I remember it at all.  As I recall, I said first off that they once made contributions to science but had been in the dark ages for almost 1000 years.

Then, you posted a list of meagre contributions, with conspicuously few examples since the 13th century....almost as if....as if they'd been in the dark ages for almost 1000 years....

Meager? You couldn't even read it all..
We both know that christians have been the biggest hindrance to the advancement of our society and race, and they still are to this day. Just look at how people like longweekend and friyay are so scared of change and progression.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #6 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:36am

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #7 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:38am

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:36am:

Your point?
Really the only point I am making is don't complain about them when we are a lot worse.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:41am

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:38am:

Your point?
Really the only point I am making is don't complain about them when we are a lot worse.

My point is that saying "christians are the biggest impediment to advancement" when they include the greatest innovators and inventors of all time is just idiocy.  Pure, unrivalled  idiocy.  I know you hate christians, fair enough, but give credit where credit is due.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #9 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:50am

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:41am:

Your point?

My point is that saying "christians are the biggest impediment to advancement" when they include the greatest innovators and inventors of all time is just idiocy.  Pure, unrivalled  idiocy.  I know you hate christians, fair enough, but give credit where credit is due. 

In reality the advancement of our race is thanks to everyone, parts of everything we know come from all different types of cultures and races etc..
The advancements christans made would not be possible if someone else from another culture didn't make the steps to it before them, just like for the Muslims and Islamics.
To call them the greatest inventors is plain lunacy, you cannot really put a leader-board on that kind of thing especially when your view is obviously bias.
Christians who embrace science are idiots because they also support an organisation that wants to oppress that very idea.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #10 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:57am

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:50am:

Your point?

In reality the advancement of our race is thanks to everyone, parts of everything we know come from all different types of cultures and races etc..
The advancements christans made would not be possible if someone else from another culture didn't make the steps to it before them, just like for the Muslims and Islamics.
To call them the greatest inventors is plain lunacy, you cannot really put a leader-board on that kind of thing especially when your view is obviously bias.
Christians who embrace science are idiots because they also support an organisation that wants to oppress that very idea.

OK, the only concession I will make is that they may not have been christians, so much as they lived within christian societies. 
Still, gotta wonder where all the great Haitian innovators are?  Where all da great aboriginal inventors be at, yo?

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #11 - May 25th, 2012 at 12:02pm

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:57am:
bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 11:50am:

Your point?

OK, the only concession I will make is that they may not have been christians, so much as they lived within christian societies. 
Still, gotta wonder where all the great Haitian innovators are?  Where all da great aboriginal inventors be at, yo? 

Probably true for a lot of them, from my experience the true hard core believers would not have the right mindset to innovate, let alone invent.

The assumption you are making here is that technology is a need not a want. Why would the aboriginals need to invent stuff when they were living comfortably and extremely successfully for over 50,000 years? If population increased in smaller areas like we saw in Europe and the Middle East then there probably would have been a drive to invent, they were obviously very smart to survive in Australia without the technology we needed.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #12 - May 25th, 2012 at 12:09pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 12:02pm:
The assumption you are making here is that technology is a need not a want. Why would the aboriginals need to invent stuff when they were living comfortably and extremely successfully for over 50,000 years? If population increased in smaller areas like we saw in Europe and the Middle East then there probably would have been a drive to invent, they were obviously very smart to survive in Australia without the technology we needed.

Technology enables people to adapt.  Would you say abo's have adapted well to the changed circumstances in the last 225 years?

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #13 - May 25th, 2012 at 12:12pm

... wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
bobbythefap1 wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 12:02pm:

Technology enables people to adapt.  Would you say abo's have adapted well to the changed circumstances in the last 225 years?

But to adapt there needs to be something to adapt to/for/with.
Is that last part a joke? I think they have responded a lot better then how we would have in their position.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #14 - May 25th, 2012 at 11:22pm

Abu you clearly state that algebra was invented by Muslims
What Should be Taught:
Muslim mathematicians, the inventors of algebra, introduced the concept of using letters for unknown variables in equations as early as the 9th century A.D. Through this system, they solved a variety of complex equations, including quadratic and cubic equations. They used symbols to develop and perfect the binomial theorem.

You now concede that the statement "Muslim mathematicians, the inventors of algebra" is not true. Will you now please delete this particular part of Muslim propaganda for I have always found lies to be offensive from no-matter what source.

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print