Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
It's the AFL ... no, the NRL ... no, the Mafia ... (Read 2782 times)
52midnight

It's the AFL ... no, the NRL ... no, the Mafia ...
May 23rd, 2012 at 4:24am

Now who could this possibly be?

- 36 Members have been accused of spouse abuse.
- 7 Members have been arrested for fraud.
- 19 Members have been accused of writing bad cheques.
- 117 Members have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses.
- 3 Members have done time for assault.
- 71 Members cannot get a credit card due to bad credit.
- 14 Members have been arrested on drug-related charges.
- 8 Members have been arrested for shoplifting.
- 21 Members currently are defendants in lawsuits.
- 84 Members have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year.

YES!! It's the 535 "Honourable" Members of the Federal Parliament, whom YOU elected to pass laws to keep you honest, decent, and community-minded. One day, if you try very hard, you may be as "Honourable" as they.

IP Logged

GoddyofOz
Gold Member

Vote 1 for Sex, cause
you're gay if you don't

Re: It's the AFL ... no, the NRL ... no, the Mafia ...
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2012 at 6:34am

I don't get the point you're trying to make, midnight; It should have been obvious that they live in a completely different realm then the rest of us, with a completely different set of rules and standards, when it became almost normal or, dare I say it, acceptable for a Politician to lie to us.

"A Conservative is a man who just sits and thinks, mostly just sits." - Woodrow Wilson.

True Patriotism is serving your country all the time, and serving your Politicians when they deserve it.

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2012 at 6:46am

So that is 535 members of how many that have sat in our Parliament? What percentage does that work out to? not sure myself but i can bet it is not to high compared to footy players eta. How many had these charges while a sitting member? So are you a member of the opposition? you are throwing mud with no perspective to what you are doing.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2012 at 6:55am

52midnight wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:24am:

YES!! It's the 535 "Honourable" Members of the Federal Parliament, whom YOU elected to pass laws to keep you honest, decent, and community-minded. One day, if you try very hard, you may be as "Honourable" as they.

Spouse abuse they should be thrown out
fraud they should be thrown out
bankruptcy they shouldn't be allowed near accounts
assault they should be thrown out
bad credit well who cares but dont let them be treasurer - really anyone can get on that list
drug related who cares
shoplifting they should be in jail
lawsuits are part of the job i expect
drunk driving - wtf @ that one. Throw them out.

Haha theres my judgments. Not that what I think counts. Not that what anyone in australia thinks counts.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2012 at 7:04am

Is this over the history of the parliament?

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

52midnight

Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2012 at 7:05am

This morning I sent the following email to 149 Fed Reps and 77 Senators.

Dear "Honourable" Member

It used to be that bringing the House into disrepute was a firing offence. Today, it's reputation has been in the sewer for so long that the offence is no longer possible.

The reason the "Honourable" Members refuse to expell Craig Thomson is that all are equally guilty of behaviour that is at least as disreputable, if not demonstrably criminal.

- 36 "Honourable" Members have been accused of spouse abuse.
- 7 "Honourable" Members have been arrested for fraud.
- 19 "Honourable" Members have been accused of writing bad cheques.
- 117 "Honourable" Members have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses.
- 3 "Honourable" Members have done time for assault.
- 71 "Honourable" Members cannot get a credit card due to bad credit.
- 14 "Honourable" Members have been arrested on drug-related charges.
- 8 "Honourable" Members have been arrested for shoplifting.
- 21 "Honourable" Members currently are defendants in lawsuits.
- 84 "Honourable" Members have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year.
- ALL have failed to censure and expell a Member whose actions are at best dishonourable, and probably criminal.

Thompson has treated the House, its Members, and the Australian public with the contempt they so richly deserve.

The House is a dunny and its Members are turds.

With deepest contempt

Other than automatic responses, I've just  received replies from Rob Mitchell:

Dear Carl
Before you send an email like this please check your facts

To which I replied:

Hello Rob

If you're referring to the statistical items, they will change daily and are quite irrelevant to the main issue.

If you're referring to the disgusting behaviour of Oz Politicians, my facts are indisputable. But, of course, you don't have the guts to address the real issues. You and your colleagues spend your whole life avoiding them at the public's expense.

I confirm my contempt.

And got this back:

I will address the main issue and that is this email is rubbish its a chain email
And if you bothered to check you would see your email information is not about the Federal Parliament.
So the real issue is whether I use more time or not
Cheers
Rob

Ps please include your address for my records

Me again:

Yes, it's a chain mail, and serves to demonstrate two things:

1. The degree of contempt in the general population for Oz politicians that this sort of thing is happily circulated.
2. The fact that there is no way of proving or disproving the allegations there, since no-one in their right mind would believe a single word uttered by any Oz Politician.

I spent many happy, successful years in Singapore, and know just how different is the political environment there. Ozns ridicule Singaporeans on the basis of it "not being a democracy". The simple fact is that Sg politicians, by and large, are honourable, self-respecting men who readily obtain the respect and support of a majority of the population. Any politician who transgresses their strict code of conduct faces several strokes of the rotan - the bamboo cane. Oz pollies get a slap on the wrist and media adulation.

Do you really expect any respect after what has happened this week?

I'll let you know when the SWAT team starts breaking down the door.

Rob Mitchell - Snout in the Trough

« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2012 at 7:29am by 52midnight »  

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2012 at 7:27am

well done 52... at least you are getting a response.. I have yet to get a response from any Fed MP..

IP Logged

52midnight

Reply #7 - May 23rd, 2012 at 8:19am

Well, some good news from Dr Dennis Jensen:

... those statistics of yours are nonsense. They have come from a similar email that originated in the US, regarding their Congress, and even then they were wrong.

Unfortunately, the sentiment you express is not uncommon, and the behaviours of some of my colleagues has certainly made people's opinion of politicians even lower, if that were possible.

Kind regards
Dennis

... and mine in return:

Dennis

Yes, I'm aware of that; I sent this to all FedReps and Senators with a published email address. Yours is the second reply, and I'm heartened to see you accept some responsibility for the situation. Rob Mitchell's was the first, and he got angry as soon as I refused to back down.

I'm of the opinion that our centuries-old system is no longer adequate for modern needs; on the other hand, a new system has so many problems I wouldn't know where to begin. But I suspect it must start with some sort of "Council of Elders" who are above and apart from politics. Just how one goes about establishing that is another quandry.

Kind regards

But, of course, the indignant, self-righteous school-marms (of both sexes) are a dominant faction, and insist on blaming everyone except themselves:

You have just spread an appalling lie - about me and my colleagues in this instance.

The email that you forwarded was created in 1999 - 13 years ago and was about the US Congress at the time - although it was not seen to be true then, as it is hard to imagine that someone would do all that research and not name a single person.   The original version referred to 535 members of the US House of Congress.  If you do a quick google, you will find that many of the versions about Australia still refer to the 535 members of the Australian Parliament - they are a clear copy of the US email.   You will also find the same contents, but referring to the Indian Parliament, and the British House of Commons.  These figures do not relate to Australia - they certainly don't relate to me in any way.

If you expect high standards from politicians about truth and justice and just straight out fair play, you should perhaps start expecting it of yourself.  Afterall, you are one of the people responsible for picking us and you are one of the people spreading lies.

Sometimes things are said, or spread around - in the way that you spread this email - and while people may believe it - spreading it doesn't make it true.  That is why we have a system in this country that separates the courts away from politics.  It is called the separation of powers, and why we have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Every other member of Parliament is entitled to that same presumption, particularly when there are people around (like you) who are prepared to believe and spread lies.  I support both of the principals and your spreading of these lies confirms my belief that people should not be tried in the court of gossip and public opinion - but in a court of law.

You are probably thinking that 'there behaviour is bad and that's why I believe this stuff' - in other words, it's politicians' fault that you believe whatever a person puts in front of you.  Well, someone else will read your email, believe it, then use the list that you told them to colour their judgment of us.  You are creating your own reality.  Congratulations.  There are decent people in the Parliament now.  But if people like you keep spreading lies about our Parlimanet, how can you expect decent people to want to be there in the future. Keep going.  Eventually you will make it true.

The only person that this emails puts into disrepute is you.  USE YOUR BRAIN!

If you receive emails like this in the future, do a quick google with a few words of the email and the word 'snopes' and you will usually find an analysis.  The more amazing or outrageous the email is, the less likely it is to be true.  Do you really think that 1 in 3 members of the Australian Parliament were arrested for drunk driving in the last year?  Do you really think that nearly half of us have been bankrupt?  Do you really think that if three members had 'done time' for assault that we wouldn't all know their names?  Do you really think that the public at large wouldn't know the names of people arrested on drugs charges. Look at the attention on Craig Thompson and he hasn't been arrested or charged with anything. If 14 were actually arrested for drugs and 7 for fraud, don't you think you'd know who they were?  Do you really think that half of us have bad credit ratings? THINK!

Julie Owens
Federal Member for Parramatta

Personally, I ceased believing anything any of them said years ago. How they can still expect any credibility at all is beyond me.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - May 23rd, 2012 at 8:43am

Yeah. chainmail. I didnt even look. Got a headache today and thats the 2nd thing to get past me. Those things get recycled all the time from yank chainmails. Geez.

http://www.factcheck.org/2009/04/an-unlawful-congress/

American chainmail exactly the same.

Okay. its BS. I would stop harassing the "honorable" members if I were you 52.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2012 at 9:09am

52midnight wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 4:24am:

...........this has been bouncing around the internet for years and on office faxes beforehand.

It was the US congress originally.

http://urbanlegendsonline.com/is-it-nba-or-nfl/

Huh

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2012 at 9:21am

These sports have been filthy for some time, you cant watch a game without being bombarded with the "Gambling Markets" adds every five minutes or having the do gooders offering a player a fortune to "come out" and publicly say he is a poofter.  The maggot and the green ruined football.

Captain Blood Jack Dyer R.I.P. Cool

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

52midnight

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2012 at 9:36am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 8:43am:

Hey, it gives them something else to do other than slagging off at each other. What else are they paid for? Besides, the two-hundred-odd emails are already out there.

IP Logged

52midnight

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2012 at 9:53am

Me to the "Honourable" Julie Owens:

Since you are supposed to be a Public Servant, I trust you won't mind my posting your reply here:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1337711088/0#7

The "Honourable" Julie Owens replies:

I see you already have. Why don't you take responsibility for spreading a lie. If I did that, I'd be called a liar. Why don't you hold yourself to any standards? I am really asking?

The Rabble Rouser in the Public Gallery hollers:

You people sit there telling and listening to lies every sitting day; and don't bother denying it - the P{M has already admitted as much, and for once she is credible. Why the hell shouldn't we get our turn?

The political system in this country is a total farce, and you're one of the farcicals. Why don't YOU get to work on devising a better system instead of gorging on the trough of public monies?

The "Honourable" Julie Owens retires to lick her wounds.

Hey, I've got me own personal Question Time going here, but MUCH more civilized.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #13 - May 23rd, 2012 at 10:09am

52midnight wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 9:36am:

Hey, it gives them something else to do other than slagging off at each other. What else are they paid for? Besides, the two-hundred-odd emails are already out there.

lololololololol
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

GoneWest

Toowoomba
Reply #14 - May 23rd, 2012 at 7:13pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 10:09am:
52midnight wrote on May 23rd, 2012 at 9:36am:

lololololololol
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

SOB

U gyz r scrud

Illegitimi non carborudum.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print