Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
"Let Gentiles Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi (Read 1522 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

"Let Gentiles Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi
May 18th, 2012 at 3:26pm

Rabbi Yosef: Treating gentiles violates Sabbath

Shas' leader says religious physicians cannot violate Sabbath in order to save gentiles' lives, but offers halachic solution to avoid legal repercussions

What should religious doctors do if a gentile is injured in a car accident on Shabbat and is rushed to the hospital? According to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, this does not warrant violating the sanctity of the Sabbath.

During a class on Sabbath halacha relating to religious physicians, the spiritual leader of Shas said that while doctors are expected to do everything in their power – even if it requires violating the Sabbath – in order to save Jews whose lives are in danger, the same does not apply for gentiles.

"If a gentile were to get injured in a car accident during Sabbath, and he is brought to the hospital – Israel must not treat him," he said, explaining that "if the particular procedures come from rabbis (de-rabbanan), then they might be permitted, but if they stem from prohibitions in the Torah (de-'oraita), then they are not allowed, as the Torah forbids to violate the Sabbath for gentiles."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4229767,00.html
« Last Edit: May 19th, 2012 at 11:43am by falah »  

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: "Let Genitles Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2012 at 3:40pm

thought you wanted a religiously run country ?

or is that just if it is YOUR religion ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #2 - May 18th, 2012 at 8:45pm

falah wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 3:26pm:

Shas' leader says religious physicians cannot violate Sabbath in order to save gentiles' lives, but offers halachic solution to avoid legal repercussions

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer3/2012/04/29/3893852/12_a.jpg

What should religious doctors do if a gentile is injured in a car accident on Shabbat and is rushed to the hospital? According to Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, this does not warrant violating the sanctity of the Sabbath.

During a class on Sabbath halacha relating to religious physicians, the spiritual leader of Shas said that while doctors are expected to do everything in their power – even if it requires violating the Sabbath – in order to save Jews whose lives are in danger, the same does not apply for gentiles.

"If a gentile were to get injured in a car accident during Sabbath, and he is brought to the hospital – Israel must not treat him," he said, explaining that "if the particular procedures come from rabbis (de-rabbanan), then they might be permitted, but if they stem from prohibitions in the Torah (de-'oraita), then they are not allowed, as the Torah forbids to violate the Sabbath for gentiles."

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/13062011/3611455/2_a.jpg

Needless to say, this is just one, fairly untypical, strand of Judaism. But you Muslim bvggers have made sure that you copied and emulated just such strands of Judaism. You have taken the most literalistic, the most blinkered, the most exceptionalist notions from Jews and Christians and have made them your own WITHOUT taking any of the options for review, unfolding interpretations, adjustment, diverse interpretations, dialogue etc with the changing historical times.

That Mohammed insisted on such rigidity about something so blatantly silly shows him to be an impostor.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - May 18th, 2012 at 9:29pm

Falah, tell us about how generous you would be to shites in giving them a chance to repent before they are sentenced.

Why do think googling these sorts of stories makes your belief system any better? Is it just me, or do they always mirror some nasty little fact about Islam that is currently under discussion?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #4 - May 18th, 2012 at 9:33pm

freediver wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 9:29pm:
Falah, tell us about how generous you would be to shites in giving them a chance to repent before they are sentenced.

Why do think googling these sorts of stories makes your belief system any better? Is it just me, or do they always mirror some nasty little fact about Islam that is currently under discussion?

Falah supports the stoning of women by Islamic fundamentalists.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 18th, 2012 at 9:55pm

Sentenced for what, Freeliar?

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 18th, 2012 at 9:55pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 9:33pm:

Avram supports the murder of Palestinian children by the Israeli government.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #7 - May 18th, 2012 at 10:04pm

falah wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 9:55pm:
Avram Horowitz wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 9:33pm:

Avram supports the murder of Palestinian children by the Israeli government.

Who doesn't? Let's face it. Th WHOLE world is a giant conspiracy against Muslims (sunni) and everything is about murdering Muslim children, women, old men and the mujahadeen, be they Palestinian or any othe Muslim (sunni). The world IS against Muslims (sunni), that's all it has ever been about and there is no way of escaping this FACT. And so the Muslims (sunni) are always and everywhere following John Hewson and cry: Fightback!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - May 18th, 2012 at 11:45pm

falah wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 9:55pm:

Sentenced for what, Freeliar?

You tell me Falah. I did ask you at the time but you went all shy on me.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #9 - May 19th, 2012 at 12:00am

"Let
Genitles
Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi

The title of this thread really had me wondering - but when I saw the first post, I realised falah meant Gentiles and not....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - May 19th, 2012 at 8:53am

Must be Freudian.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 19th, 2012 at 11:46am

Soren wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 8:45pm:

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer3/2012/04/29/3893852/12_a.jpg

http://www.ynetnews.com/PicServer2/13062011/3611455/2_a.jpg

Needless to say, this is just one, fairly untypical, strand of Judaism.

Israeli President, Shimon Peres, doesn't think so:

Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef meeting with Israeli President Shimon Peres in April, 2012

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: "Let Gentiles Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi
Reply #12 - May 19th, 2012 at 11:51am

Muslims in Somalia stoned to death a 13 year old girl for being raped.

Raped by 5 men and Islam says she must die.

13 years old.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #13 - May 19th, 2012 at 1:48pm

falah wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 11:46am:
Soren wrote on May 18th, 2012 at 8:45pm:
Needless to say, this is just one, fairly untypical, strand of Judaism.

Israeli President, Shimon Peres, doesn't think so:

http://cdn.timesofisrael.com/uploads/2012/04/F120408KG05-635x357.jpg
Shas spiritual leader Rabbi Ovadia Yosef meeting with Israeli President Shimon Peres in April, 2012

Yeah, I know, you'd much rather they were blowing each other up like Muslims do every day. to your mind, that's the only authentic way of expressing disagreement with one another. You think it's typical jewish mendacity that they are not having  bloodbath like Muslims would. Jews not murdering each other like the Muslims - there's another Jewish conspiracy for you.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: "Let Gentiles Die On Sabbath!" Says Rabbi
Reply #14 - May 19th, 2012 at 3:27pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on May 19th, 2012 at 11:51am:
Muslims in Somalia stoned to death a 13 year old girl for being raped.

Raped by 5 men and Islam says she must die.

13 years old.

Avram do Jews always lie?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print