Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Hockey "Buy Milk For Under A Litre" (Read 2819 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Hockey "Buy Milk For Under A Litre"
May 16th, 2012 at 12:37pm

OMG

Joe Hockey has started his National Press Speech and has already Stuffed Up

Economic Illiterate Liberals !

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Re: Hockey "Buy Milk For Under A Litre"
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:41pm

wow, big news.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:45pm

... wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 12:41pm:
wow, big news. 

Yeah

And this is the front man for the economically illiterate liberals

No wonder Newspoll came back with

Would L/NP have delivered better #Budget:

Yes 37 No 42

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:49pm

... wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 12:41pm:
wow, big news. 

Hey, it is an absolute abomination when a politician screws up this bad; my god he actually misspoke .... in public.

He should have learned his speech like brown the clown does / did.

He also could have focused on the plight of aliens; not illegal but true blue extra terrestrials like brown did.

No-one wants to hear about milk when the important subject of the plight of extraterrestrials should be on our national agenda.

Shame hockey shame.

IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #4 - May 16th, 2012 at 12:52pm

Maybe he was talking about this:   Undecided

That's under a litre.   Wink

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #5 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:00pm

Joe Hockey: We'll be better than Labor. We can't tell you how just yet, but it's gonna be good, trust me.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:08pm

Hockey, is he a little retarded

He is asked questions, and he doesn't answer.

i.e Malcolm Turnbull's support for an ETS

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #7 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:19pm

Economic Illiterate Tony Abbott and Joe Hockey must explain to the Australian people how they are going to fund his Blackhole of:

1. Axing Carbon tax: $24B
2. Direct Action: $3.2B
3. Axing Mining tax: $11B
4. Last election promises: $37B
5. Private health Insurance Rebate: $0.8B
6. Demolish & Destroying NBN $37.5B (Abbott has ordered Malcolm Turnbull to "dismantle & destroy" the NBN & hasnt told us how & how much. Until then this blackhole will stand)
7. Deluxe & Nanny Tax PPL $3.3B
8. Indexation of veterans' pensions: $1.7B

total: $118.5B Updated: 9 May 2012

http://www.thefinnigans.blogspot.com.au/p/blackhole_10.html

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #8 - May 16th, 2012 at 1:28pm

Again he refuses to to answer

Will Liberals negotiate with a third party and/or Independents, if either house is hung after the next election.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:18pm

____ wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 1:28pm:

Will Liberals negotiate with a third party and/or Independents, if either house is hung after the next election.

Hey green boy. Can you get the greens to cost their policies. If not, then where do you get off expecting liberals to. If you were a labor voter with all your vitriol, then it would be different.

IP Logged

Peter Freedman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Wellington
Reply #10 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:28pm

____ wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 1:28pm:

The irony is not that a politician evades a question, they all do that. In an audience crammed with so-called journalists, not one had the guts to point out he was being evasive and demand a straight answer.

But we all know the answer, anyway. Faced with the prospect of power, either main party will find the nonnegotiable suddenly is back on the table.

God grant me the patience to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and, above all, the wisdom to tell the difference.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #11 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:29pm

More Buffoonery From Joe Hockey

At his address to the National Press Club (NPC), serial buffoon Joe Hockey unleashed even more buffoonery, with a LARGE dose of hypocrisy thrown in for good measure.

He began his address with the story of “Sam” the local corner shop owner who is having trouble staying afloat because, among other things, shoppers can get a litre of milk from Coles or Woolies for $1. Hockey blamed this on the government, and of course the (as yet) non-existent carbon tax.

Is Hockey saying that Coles and Woolies should immediately raise their prices so “Sam” can survive? Or the government should compensate “Sam” because he doesn’t have the clout of the supermarket behemoths? Perhaps he is saying the supermarket duopoly should be split up so that “Sam” can survive? Only he knows the answer to those questions – or not.

Journalist Peter Martin* asked Sloppy Joe if their policy costings would be released on the day before the election as they did in 2010.Sloppy said that “the LNP’s policies would be fully funded and costed by independent sources”.

We can only assume by that he means the costings will be done by an accountancy firm in a similar fashion to the way they were in 2010. Perhaps he means the costings will be done by the catering firm that “costed” Nauru for the LNP. Who knows.

The obvious hole in this story is that the two accountants who did the work for the LNP in 2010 were subsequently fined by the Institute Of Chartered Accountants for breaching professional standards as The Derp pointed out in a previous article (Joe Hockey Proves He Is A Buffoon – Again).

It is highly unlikely that the same accounting firm (Howarth’s) will perform a similar duty for the LNP in 2013, unless they want their reputation completely tarnished. The same applies to any other major accounting firm who will not touch this job with a barge pole. Even the catering firm that “costed” Nauru will run a mile from the project.

The real highlight of Hockey’s comedy routine however was when he was asked the question,”Would the Noalition accept the vote of Craig Thomson if he supported the Noalition in a vote of no confidence in the Government?” Sloppy Joe admitted that they would.

So, after weeks of listening to his leader tell anyone who was listening (and everyone who wasn’t) about how Mr Thomson’s vote was “tainted”, Hockey has said publicly that the Noalition would be only too happy to count Mr Thomson’s vote if he voted their way. In other words if Mr Thomson votes with the ALP, his vote is tainted. If he votes with the Noalition, it’s squeaky clean.

Congratulations Joe. You have revealed to the world, that not only are you a serial buffoon, you are a hypocrite as well. Just like your leader.

http://thedailyderp.net/2012/05/16/more-buffoonery-from-joe-hockey-at-the-npc/

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #12 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:37pm

What Greens neglects to mention is that Coles and Woolworths are not selling Milk at real prices, they are nailing dairy farmers to the wall and deliberately crucifying small business, they are thugs, destroying our economy.

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #13 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:42pm

Question
The unemployment rate's under 5%, inflation's low, rate are coming down. We've got a triple aflt credit rating from the three major ratings agencies. Things are pretty good and this Government's been in office for five years now. At what point will the Coalition stop claiming all the credit for anything good or the comparative strength of the Australian economy?

We won't stop claiming credit. It's good to remind yourself of the history. I give credit where credit is due. Unfortunately, there's not a hell of a lot of credit you can give this Government. We are the Lucky Country, but we can be luckier. To steal a phrase from someone else, you know the more successful you are, the luckier you are and the luckier you are, the more successful you are, the more successful you are. I want us to do better. We want to lay down an economic plan for growth. We want to do everything we can to inoculate ourselves against what's happening in the rest of the world. I'm confident that we can lay down a path that will deliver that growth and opportunity.

Question :
It's not an un common lament within your partyroom and outside your partyroom and outside your partyroom that Malcolm Turnbull isn't part of the Coalition economic team. In fact, a couple of your colleagues have told me recently that as long as Malcolm Turnbull remains supportive of the carbon price he can't have an economic portfolio under Tony Abbott's leadership. Do you agree with this analysis and if so, would you invite Mr Turnbull to recant his views or at least show the same flexibility you've shown with regards to carbon pricing so that the Coalition can better use his skills?

Thank you for that question. Malcolm Turnbull has lots of very good qualities. I saw them first-hand when he was Leader of the Opposition. He made me Shadow Treasurer. At the time he identified that I was one of the most experienced people to be able to take on the job of Treasurer. When you look at my CV, there's no-one else that seems to have the same preparation for the job of Treasurer that I have. Having said that, the big task Malcolm will have in government is to fix the NBN and that's a great economic task in itself.

Is that why Clive Palmer wants Peter Costello back via a Queensland seat.

Hockey is the best they have !

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #14 - May 16th, 2012 at 2:56pm

It disgusts me to see people suckholing up to the Corporate Maggot...

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print