Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Dog Whistle Journalism (Read 5979 times)
Gold Member

WA
Re: Dog Whistle Journalism
Reply #60 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:13am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am:
... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 9:51am:
"the left" is not an interchangeable term for labor
"the right" is not an inetrchangeable term for liberal

All are held to the narrative set by the cultural elite who are unreservedly and unashamedly leftwing.

Who said it was? They are both the same. However the liberals have the media on thier "side".

SOB

You. 

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:54am:
No. I am "debating" on the OP post. He gave the definition of dog whistling and what you are saying is the "left" doing it doesnt fit the description. I have no party affiliation. What party are you accusing me of affiliating with?

It may have been "explained" but it wasnt right. The media is doing it on behalf of the liberal party.

SOB

I thought we had it all wrapped up in a neat little package when you agreed that the subject might not even notice the "whistle".  Surely that was an acceptance that your "team" does it but you just don't recognise it?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #61 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:23am

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 11:13am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am:
... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 9:51am:
"the left" is not an interchangeable term for labor
"the right" is not an inetrchangeable term for liberal

All are held to the narrative set by the cultural elite who are unreservedly and unashamedly leftwing.

Who said it was? They are both the same. However the liberals have the media on thier "side".

SOB

You. 

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:54am:
No. I am "debating" on the OP post. He gave the definition of dog whistling and what you are saying is the "left" doing it doesnt fit the description. I have no party affiliation. What party are you accusing me of affiliating with?

It may have been "explained" but it wasnt right. The media is doing it on behalf of the liberal party.

SOB

I thought we had it all wrapped up in a neat little package when you agreed that the subject might not even notice the "whistle".  Surely that was an acceptance that your "team" does it but you just don't recognise it?

No i didnt. I didnt say they were interchangeable. I said that murdoch backs the liberal party. I didnt say whether that was left or right. Apparently its right but both parties are the same so that would mean labour is also right.

My "team"? I dont have a "team". I asked you earlier and you didnt reply. How are those so-called "leftist" dog whistles dog whistles? If you understand what a dog whistle is then you should be able to give me the alternate words that they should use.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #62 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:29am

Corrct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see,your argument is that other people don't recognise the "dog whistle" that sets them off, but whoever represents your point of view doesn't even use the tactic?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #63 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:39am

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 11:29am:
Corrct me if I'm wrong, but from what I can see,your argument is that other people don't recognise the "dog whistle" that sets them off, but whoever represents your point of view doesn't even use the tactic? 

Hahahahha. Thats completely silly. What is my point of view? Im saying that the media uses dog whistles in support of the liberal party.

You can completely debunk this by providing me with the alternate words the supposed other media should use in place of those words that are supposed to be dog whistles.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #64 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:42am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 11:39am:

Hahahahha. Thats completely silly. What is my point of view? Im saying that the media uses dog whistles in support of the liberal party.
You can completely debunk this by providing me with the alternate words the supposed other media should use in place of those words that are supposed to be dog whistles.

SOB

yes, we've established that.  And do you also accept other media outlets use dog whistles in support of labor and other parties?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #65 - May 17th, 2012 at 11:56am

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 11:42am:

SOB

yes, we've established that.  And do you also accept other media outlets use dog whistles in support of labor and other parties?

No. I do not. I havent seen any evidence of that. In fact I have seen them use the same ones as murdoch media. If I am wrong provide the alternate words they should have used for those supposed ones in post 12.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #66 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:00pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 11:56am:

SOB

No. I do not. I havent seen any evidence of that. In fact I have seen them use the same ones as murdoch media. If I am wrong provide the alternate words they should have used for those supposed ones in post 12.

SOB

What is more likely - that 1 segment of the media exists outside all known laws of journalism and literature, or that your own statement:

Quote:
darkhall67 wrote Today at 10:18am:

Most times the dogs arent aware of what has set them off.

Exactly

SOB

Includes you?  Think carefully about this.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #67 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:05pm

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:00pm:

SOB

SOB

What is more likely - that 1 segment of the media exists outside all known laws of journalism and literature, or that your own statement:

Quote:

Exactly

SOB

You refuse to answer my question. Because you cant. Because its crap. It doesnt include me because I do not have a "party" or a preference except that i like abbott slightly less than gillard. Stop trying to push this off onto me. You are wrong unless you provide the words. Or do you still not understand the concept of dog whistles?

You may not know you are being whistled when it happens but if you understand the concept then you should realise after the fact.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #68 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:13pm

I see.  So the rules that bind every other human being on this earth don't apply to you.

Good O.  Glad we cleared that up then.  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #69 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:15pm

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:13pm:
I see.  So the rules that bind every other human being on this earth don't apply to you.

What rules? Hahahhaha why cant you answer the question?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #70 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:20pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:15pm:

SOB

Do you think your opinions were just formed without any outside influence?  Just claiming that you're immune because you claim not to support any party doesn't change the fact that you have opinions on issues, which are then linked in various ways to these parties, thus influencing your opinion of them.   Rule number 1 - there is NO such thing as a neutral text.  EVERYTHING you see/hear/read has been imparted with some sort of bias by the author.

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:29pm

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:20pm:

SOB

Do you think your opinions were just formed without any outside influence?  Just claiming that you're immune because you claim not to support any party doesn't change the fact that you have opinions on issues, which are then linked in various ways to these parties, thus influencing your opinion of them.   Rule number 1 - there is NO such thing as a neutral text.  EVERYTHING you see/hear/read has been imparted with some sort of bias by the author. 

Of course we are but that's not the point (in my opinion).

We are talking about dog whistle journalsim.

dog whistles by their very nature are MOSTLY designed to appeal to the baser instincts, (yes that means racism , sexism, etc ) because those concepts are frowned upon in our society (rightly or wrongly - I think rightly) so the whistlers have to come up with tactics that arent as blatant as using sexist or racist language.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #72 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:30pm

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:20pm:

SOB

Hahaha. I didnt claim to be neutral. I said that i dont support either party.

When will you answer my question?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #73 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:32pm

FFS what is your question you keep raving about?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #74 - May 17th, 2012 at 12:35pm

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 12:00pm:

SOB

SOB

Quote:

Exactly

SOB

Question is there

Quote:
If I am wrong provide the alternate words they should have used for those supposed ones in post 12

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print