Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Dog Whistle Journalism (Read 5986 times)
darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Dog Whistle Journalism
Reply #45 - May 16th, 2012 at 9:33pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 7:46pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 7:37pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 7:33pm:
Every political party tries to "frame the debate." Every party uses catch-phrases, attempts to influence thinking, demonizes opponents, in fact, they will try and use every trick in the book to gain followers.

It's the same process as marketing.

It's intellectually dishonest to think one political group exists outside this paradigm.

While that is true - one political group does have the resources of the media behind them. The media are very good @ advertising (duh). The marketing is done for them (the libs in this country) by the media and the advertising is easy with those dog whistle words. Its all set up.

SOB

It isn't true that it's completely bias toward the Liberals. I remember back in the 1990s when the Liberals were in opposition and the media gave them a hell of a time. Also, who can forget Phillip Adams in The Australian launching tirade after tirade on Howard. Don't get me started on the ABC.

Regardless of all that. People choose to buy newspapers, choose to watch tv, and choose to surf the internet. There's no gun to their heads.

People currently dislike Labor because they've stuffed up too many times. Personally, I will never vote Labor because my views are at complete odds with the left-wing of that party. I don't need some journalist to tell me about that.

That's NOT dog whistling.

IP Logged

Swagman
Gold Member

Beware of cheap imitations......

Illawarra NSW
Reply #46 - May 16th, 2012 at 10:00pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 12:51pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 11:06am:
Swagman wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 10:10pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 9:34pm:
Can you give me an example of where any other party has used this technique?

"Greedy, rich, xenophobic, racist, dog whistle, deniers, sceptics, uncompassionate",.......etc etc....all inflammatory political dialogue used by leftist journo wankers and politicians for the same schitt.... Sad

Thanks for doing me the honours. I'd also add to that list progressive, tolerance, equality, diversity, and multiculturalism.

Really? They look like normal words. What words would you use instead then? And who are the "leftist" journos I wouldl like to read some of them.

SOB

http://www.abc.net.au/news/?WT.svl=news

Cheesy

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #47 - May 16th, 2012 at 11:29pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 11:13am:
Avram Horowitz wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 8:35pm:
I have even been called Nazi for defending my country.

I have been called "antisemite" for asking questions about israel.

SOB

Your questions that I have seen are criticism and not questions.
Critical to Israel but not to the terrorists. This is because Israel is a Jewish states and yes it is anti Semitic to do this.

You were called correct.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #48 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:43am

Every political party tries to "frame the debate." Every party uses catch-phrases, attempts to influence thinking, demonizes opponents, in fact, they will try and use every trick in the book to gain followers.

It's intellectually dishonest to think one political group exists outside this paradigm.

While that is true - one political group does have the resources of the media behind them. The media are very good @ advertising (duh). The marketing is done for them (the libs in this country) by the media and the advertising is easy with those dog whistle words. Its all set up.

SOB

It isn't true that it's completely bias toward the Liberals. I remember back in the 1990s when the Liberals were in opposition and the media gave them a hell of a time. Also, who can forget Phillip Adams in The Australian launching tirade after tirade on Howard. Don't get me started on the ABC.

Regardless of all that. People choose to buy newspapers, choose to watch tv, and choose to surf the internet. There's no gun to their heads.

People currently dislike Labor because they've stuffed up too many times. Personally, I will never vote Labor because my views are at complete odds with the left-wing of that party. I don't need some journalist to tell me about that.

Yes. It is biased towards the liberals. For some reason the media needs to pick a side. Silly I know but they do. Rebekkah Brooks said that in the uk they were backing labour until they did something they disagreed with and the switched to liberal. Its same here they switched to liberal long ago during howard era.

Hahahaha @ "choose to buy newspapers". Yes they do. Is that something to do with it?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #49 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:46am

Swagman wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 10:00pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 12:51pm:
Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 11:06am:
Swagman wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 10:10pm:
Peter Freedman wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 9:34pm:
Can you give me an example of where any other party has used this technique?

"Greedy, rich, xenophobic, racist, dog whistle, deniers, sceptics, uncompassionate",.......etc etc....all inflammatory political dialogue used by leftist journo wankers and politicians for the same schitt.... Sad

Thanks for doing me the honours. I'd also add to that list progressive, tolerance, equality, diversity, and multiculturalism.

Really? They look like normal words. What words would you use instead then? And who are the "leftist" journos I wouldl like to read some of them.

SOB

http://www.abc.net.au/news/?WT.svl=news

Cheesy

I dont see them using dog whistles? Well not the non-existant ones in the example anyway. They use the right wing ones sometimes.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #50 - May 17th, 2012 at 8:47am

Avram Horowitz wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 16th, 2012 at 11:13am:
Avram Horowitz wrote on May 15th, 2012 at 8:35pm:
I have even been called Nazi for defending my country.

I have been called "antisemite" for asking questions about israel.

SOB

Your questions that I have seen are criticism and not questions.
Critical to Israel but not to the terrorists. This is because Israel is a Jewish states and yes it is anti Semitic to do this.

You were called correct.

Hahahahahahhahaha

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #51 - May 17th, 2012 at 9:51am

"the left" is not an interchangeable term for labor
"the right" is not an inetrchangeable term for liberal

All are held to the narrative set by the cultural elite who are unreservedly and unashamedly leftwing.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #52 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:10am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 8:43am:

SOB

Yes. It is biased towards the liberals. For some reason the media needs to pick a side. Silly I know but they do. Rebekkah Brooks said that in the uk they were backing labour until they did something they disagreed with and the switched to liberal. Its same here they switched to liberal long ago during howard era.
SOB

If you want trendy lefty stuff then read Fairfax, ABC, and Crikey.

Quote:
Hahahaha @ "choose to buy newspapers". Yes they do. Is that something to do with it?

Concentrate.
People buy newspaper of their own volition. There's no grand conspiracy forcing people to buy them and absorb the information therein. The Murdoch press is a private industry and survives because people are willing to buy its products. It's telling that the ABC needs millions of taxpayers dollars to sprout its lefty views; because there's no market for them. It needs to be artificially propped up because it can't survive in the marketplace.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #53 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:17am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:10am:

SOB

SOB

Quote:

Concentrate.
People buy newspaper of their own volition. There's no grand conspiracy forcing people to buy them and absorb the information therein. The Murdoch press is a private industry and survives because people are willing to buy its products. It's telling that the ABC needs millions of taxpayers dollars to sprout its lefty views; because there's no market for them. It needs to be artificially propped up because it can't survive in the marketplace.

So thats your excuse for them using dog whistles?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am

Most times the dogs arent aware of what has set them off.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #55 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am

... wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 9:51am:
"the left" is not an interchangeable term for labor
"the right" is not an inetrchangeable term for liberal

All are held to the narrative set by the cultural elite who are unreservedly and unashamedly leftwing.

Who said it was? They are both the same. However the liberals have the media on thier "side".

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #56 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:21am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:17am:

SOB

SOB

Quote:

Concentrate.

SOB

It's already been explained that 'dog whistles' are part of politics regardless of the affiliation.

Like most people who debate on raw emotion, you seem to think that your party affiliation stands outside this paradigm.

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #57 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:22am

darkhall67 wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am:

Don't be a hypocrite. Whenever someone has a genuine concern over a racial or gender issue you clowns are there to scream "racist" and "sexist."

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #58 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:52am

darkhall67 wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:18am:

Exactly

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #59 - May 17th, 2012 at 10:54am

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:21am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 17th, 2012 at 10:17am:

SOB

SOB

Quote:

Concentrate.

SOB

It's already been explained that 'dog whistles' are part of politics regardless of the affiliation.

Like most people who debate on raw emotion, you seem to think that your party affiliation stands outside this paradigm. 

No. I am "debating" on the OP post. He gave the definition of dog whistling and what you are saying is the "left" doing it doesnt fit the description. I have no party affiliation. What party are you accusing me of affiliating with?

It may have been "explained" but it wasnt right. The media is doing it on behalf of the liberal party.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print