Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Oz Rabbi Ignored Sex Abuse Warnings Say Parents (Read 4172 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Oz Rabbi Ignored Sex Abuse Warnings Say Parents
May 9th, 2012 at 10:24am

Rabbis in Australia seem to wield a lot of power over their communities - even to the point of being able to stop parents from protecting their own children in some cases.

Is a culture of ignoring rape accusations acceptable in Australia?

Rabbi ignored warnings on sexual abuse, say parents

David Cyprys leaves Melbourne Magistrates Court yesterday

ONE of Australia's leading rabbis told a man whose son had been allegedly sexually abused by a youth group leader at a Melbourne Jewish school that the child would not need counselling because he was under eight years old, court documents say.

David Samuel Cyprys, a former security guard at the Yeshivah Centre in St Kilda East, has been charged with 53 offences, including six counts of rape, allegedly committed against 12 boys between 1982 and 1991...

...In court documents, the parents of two separate boys said they went to Yeshivah Centre director Rabbi Yitzchok Dovid Groner in the 1980s to complain about alleged molestation.

The parents of both boys said no action was taken, with one woman saying her son was abused for another three years after her complaint

One father said he told Rabbi Groner in 1984 that Cyprys had ''interfered'' with his son. '' He told me that [the boy] wouldn't need counselling because [he] was under eight years old,'' the man said in a statement.

''Rabbi Groner told me he had spoken to psychologists before and they had told him because the children are so young counselling would not be necessary. Since that day I never heard another word.''

The mother of another boy said she called Rabbi Groner in 1987 after being ''shocked out of my brain'' to learn of alleged abuse of her son.

''I recall when I mentioned David Cyprys' name to Rabbi Groner he replied, 'Oh, no, I thought we cured him'. By this I was sure that Rabbi Groner meant this sort of thing had happened before with David Cyprys,'' the woman said in a witness statement.

Rabbi Groner, who was Melbourne's most senior Chabad rabbi, died in 2008.

The court documents say Cyprys, who owns a locksmith business, has been affiliated with the yeshivah for many years. He was employed as a security guard, was a co-leader of a Jewish youth group there and was a martial arts instructor who recruited students from the school.

Cyprys, 44, of Balaclava, also supervised young males at the mikvah baths attached to the Yeshivah Centre, which are used for the spiritual cleansing of Jewish males.

''The accused was seen as a role model by members of the Jewish community who trusted him in the company of their children,'' the summary of charges says.

The alleged victims, who were aged between seven and 17, say they were abused by Cyprys at locations including the mikvah bath house, Elwood houses, his van, Gan Israel youth camps and Yeshivah College.

''He was known as the 'key master'. People knew this, and still do, and we were afraid of his reputation as being able to access everybody's houses and also because of his martial arts prowess,'' one alleged victim said in his statement.

''Cyprys was never shy about touching up kids. He was never violent, but you were scared, because he had the keys to everything, and he was a black belt at karate.''

Another alleged victim said Cyprys was ''a lot bigger and stronger than me at the time''. ''He had me pinned and cornered. I felt sick to my bones and wanted to die, I was so afraid.''

The man said that...''For some reason, the Jewish community in Melbourne covers things up,'' he said in his statement...

Rabbi Groner.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/rabbi-ignored-warnings-on-sexual-abuse-say-par...

« Last Edit: May 9th, 2012 at 10:29am by falah »  

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Oz Rabbi Ignored Sex Abuse Warnings Say Parents
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:37am

Organised religion should be illegal. Uneducated unintelligent ppl cant help believing in fairy tales but they should do it privately.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:39am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 10:37am:
Organised religion should be illegal. Uneducated unintelligent ppl cant help believing in fairy tales but they should do it privately.

SOB

Why?  No business of yours what people believe in.  No business of yours how they seek to explain the unexplainable.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2012 at 10:44am

... wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 10:39am:

SOB

Why?  No business of yours what people believe in.  No business of yours how they seek to explain the unexplainable.
Except when their beliefs affect the rest of society, which they do.
Think what you want but do not claim it to be fact.

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #4 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:27am

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 10:44am:

SOB

One could say the same about any belief, whether you recognise it as religion or not.

It is easily objectively proven that multiculturalism, or egalitarianism have neagtive effects.  These beliefs are religious in nature, because there is no proof of any benefits the beliefs deliver, nor any need for proof because the faith is strong.   

So then, if "religion" is to banned, what do we do about these equally, if not more destructive ideologies?  Religion by any other name....

All you can do is present facts and hope the sacles fall from peoples eyes.  banning it doesn't do poo, and doesn't fill the need for people to explain the unexplainable.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #5 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:38am

... wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:27am:

SOB

One could say the same about any belief, whether you recognise it as religion or not.

It is easily objectively proven that multiculturalism, or egalitarianism have neagtive effects.  These beliefs are religious in nature, because there is no proof of any benefits the beliefs deliver, nor any need for proof because the faith is strong.   

So then, if "religion" is to banned, what do we do about these equally, if not more destructive ideologies?  Religion by any other name....

All you can do is present facts and hope the sacles fall from peoples eyes.  banning it doesn't do poo, and doesn't fill the need for people to explain the unexplainable.
Right but other races actually exist don't they. They are clearly not religious in nature, it is religious not support your fellow human beings.
There obviously is proof of their benefits, a key one would be people not suffering but I don't expect you to care about that.

I dont think faith should be banned but organized religion is another thing all together. If you could see it from afar you would probably want religious organizations to stop taking advantage of your beliefs.

How does lying to yourself and others fill the need?

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:39am

SOB

Read what i said.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #7 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:42am

SOB

They arent religions they are policies. They dont have churches.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:45am

bobbythefap1 wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:38am:
Right but other races actually exist don't they. They are clearly not religious in nature, it is religious not support your fellow human beings.

Me no understandy.  Whachu talking bout willis?

Quote:
There obviously is proof of their benefits, a key one would be people not suffering but I don't expect you to care about that.

No good saying theres "obviously proof" if you can't provide any.  It's sure not rational, or supported by anything at all to say people don't suffer under egalitarianism.  Sounds like faith to me.

Quote:
I dont think faith should be banned but organized religion is another thing all together. If you could see it from afar you would probably want religious organizations to stop taking advantage of your beliefs.

Wheres the cut off point though?  When does an ideology, a belief or even a common interest get labelled "religion" for political reasons? 

Quote:
How does lying to yourself and others fill the need?

Making up an explanation for something that has no explanation eg. the creation of the universe, or the first sparks of life can't be called a lie unless there is a proven alternative.  Might be highly unlikely to be true, but still as valid as any other explanation.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #9 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:47am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:42am:

SOB

SOB

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blogs/untimely-observations/understanding-t...

Read.  Digest.  Learn.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #10 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:52am

Quote:
Wheres the cut off point though?  When does an ideology, a belief or even a common interest get labelled "religion" for political reasons? 

Where is the cutoff now? Its already done. you have to "apply" to start a new religion.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #11 - May 9th, 2012 at 11:53am

... wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:47am:

SOB

SOB

http://www.alternativeright.com/main/blogs/untimely-observations/understanding-t...

Read.  Digest.  Learn.

Somebodys opinion. Obviously yours or you wouldn't have linked. Doesnt change facts.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #12 - May 9th, 2012 at 12:06pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:52am:
Quote:

Where is the cutoff now? Its already done. you have to "apply" to start a new religion.

SOB

Do you?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #13 - May 9th, 2012 at 12:06pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:53am:
... wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:47am:

SOB

SOB

Read.  Digest.  Learn.

Somebodys opinion. Obviously yours or you wouldn't have linked. Doesnt change facts.

SOB

And what *ahem* "facts" might those be?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #14 - May 9th, 2012 at 12:13pm

... wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 12:06pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 9th, 2012 at 11:52am:
Quote:

SOB

Do you? 

Do I what? Have a religion? Sure want to join? Only $2k per month to be assimilated by the borg. you have to be a lizard though.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print