Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should taxpayers money pay for private education ?

Yes    
  11 (35.5%)
No    
  20 (64.5%)

Total votes: 31
« Created by: Sir lastnail on: May 7th, 2012 at 11:47am »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Send Topic Print
Should taxpayer pay for private education? (Read 8821 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Should taxpayer pay for private education?
Reply #75 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:06pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:44pm:
Quote:
Wrong .... put all the money in private schools into public schools, and you've suddenly got hundreds of new schools fully funded..

Unfortunately it's not enough to cover all the extra students from the now closed private schools.

You haven't exactly thought this through, have you?

since when was the argument every thought out? it is NEVER anything more than a very narrow an inconsistent idiological position which seeks to force evryone to the same level, but never a higher level - only a low level.

SKippys' prediction: "If Abbott and Gillard are the leaders Gillard will win the next election"

IP Logged

great one
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:14pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:29pm:
great one wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 10:14pm:
Not ... not a single red cent of tax payer money should go to private schools .... except for when the kids doorknock parliament selling chocolates as part of school fundraising, in that case I'll make an exception

Just as long as private school working parents are entitled to demand that THEIR taxes dont go to NON-WORKING people. The same argument applies.

your argument is beyond lame.

your an idiot. ... it's not about parents rights to claim anything... once you pay your taxes you've no real say in where it is spent ... it's about public money being used for private enterprise ... do the schools give back the government money after they work out their profits?

IP Logged

great one
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:16pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:44pm:
Quote:
Wrong .... put all the money in private schools into public schools, and you've suddenly got hundreds of new schools fully funded..

Unfortunately it's not enough to cover all the extra students from the now closed private schools.

You haven't exactly thought this through, have you?

Have you?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:27pm

great one wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 8:14pm:
longweekend58 wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 7:29pm:
great one wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 10:14pm:
Not ... not a single red cent of tax payer money should go to private schools .... except for when the kids doorknock parliament selling chocolates as part of school fundraising, in that case I'll make an exception

Just as long as private school working parents are entitled to demand that THEIR taxes dont go to NON-WORKING people. The same argument applies.

your argument is beyond lame.

your an idiot. ... it's not about parents rights to claim anything... once you pay your taxes you've no real say in where it is spent ... it's about public money being used for private enterprise ... do the schools give back the government money after they work out their profits?

LOL... you think government money doesnt go to private enterprise? most of the public transport companies are privately owned.

your argument is nothing more than the poltiics of envy. private schools SAVE money by giving the govt a 30% discount on education by providing it cheaper. if in fact there were a proper economic argument made then PUBLIC schools should be banned because private school use 30% less govt money while giving a superior educational outcome.

SKippys' prediction: "If Abbott and Gillard are the leaders Gillard will win the next election"

IP Logged

Dame Karnal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:36pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 2:09pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 1:50pm:
Private schools are private schools. Privately owned and privately run. In a capitalist society why should the govt be involved @ all?

SOB

If you are going to fund education you give the same amount per pupil irrelevant of the type of school.
It's only fair.

Sounds like the politics of envy to me, Andrei.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #80 - May 7th, 2012 at 9:58pm

Sir lastnail wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 4:32pm:
Soren wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 3:18pm:
Private schools are private schools. Privately owned and privately run. In a capitalist society why should the govt be involved @ all?

SOB

Well, the government involves itself by prescribing the curriculum, for starters.

Secondly, many public schools are forced to spend a disproportionate amount time and energy on the children of the dregs of society who lower the standards inexorably. Public schools have no way of dealing with them. In a private school, paretnts would not tolerate the hijacking of their children's education by a bunch of Jonah Takaluahs.

If you educated them properly they wouldn't be the dregs of society !!

The problem starts with rubbish child care centers which are run by opportunists and only focus on play based learning where children learn absolutely nothing and are ill prepared for later on !!

The trouble with our education system is that it has been infiltrated by money making opportunists which are only in it to make a quick buck !!

They resist education. That's their defining characteristic. And nobody is game enough to shame their parents - it is telling, BTW, that you would think that education is entirely up to people other than the parent. Typical thoughtless statist reflex.

No one has the right not to be offended.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:39pm

Soren wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 9:58pm:

SOB

Well, the government involves itself by prescribing the curriculum, for starters.

Secondly, many public schools are forced to spend a disproportionate amount time and energy on the children of the dregs of society who lower the standards inexorably. Public schools have no way of dealing with them. In a private school, paretnts would not tolerate the hijacking of their children's education by a bunch of Jonah Takaluahs.

The problem starts with rubbish child care centers which are run by opportunists and only focus on play based learning where children learn absolutely nothing and are ill prepared for later on !!

The trouble with our education system is that it has been infiltrated by money making opportunists which are only in it to make a quick buck !!

They resist education. That's their defining characteristic. And nobody is game enough to shame their parents - it is telling, BTW, that you would think that education is entirely up to people other than the parent. Typical thoughtless statist reflex.

what rubbish.

80% of the development of an infants brain occurs within the first 3 years. What does the education system do to maximize that opportunity ?? It does f.ckall and encourages scammers to run child care centers with a play based system which is a wasted opportunity Sad

Typical f.cken rubbish !!

"When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Luke Muehlhauser

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:12am

Sir lastnail wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:39pm:

SOB

what rubbish.

80% of the development of an infants brain occurs within the first 3 years. What does the education system do to maximize that opportunity ?? It does f.ckall and encourages scammers to run child care centers with a play based system which is a wasted opportunity Sad

and toenail demonstrates yet another area on which he is a total loser. PLAY is the primary development tool for infants and toddlers. Kids who play a lot grow up better adjusted and more intelligent. obviously your mother left you tied up.

IP Logged

Orgasm

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:25am

longweekend58 wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:12am:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:39pm:

SOB

what rubbish.

and toenail demonstrates yet another area on which he is a total loser. PLAY is the primary development tool for infants and toddlers. Kids who play a lot grow up better adjusted and more intelligent. obviously your mother left you tied up.

No telling kids they will be tortured for eternity in hell is the primary development tool

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

London
Reply #84 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:27am

Dame Karnal wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 8:36pm:

SOB

If you are going to fund education you give the same amount per pupil irrelevant of the type of school.
It's only fair.

I can't speak from the perspective of someone who went to a Government school because I didn't but for my mind a lot of the rhetoric from those who did seems they carry a chip on the shoulder the size of a elephant about private v public education.

It's a case of "I couldn't go to private school so I will hate anything about them because its not fair..."

All I am saying is that the Government should fund all schools equally and then the private schools get the additional funding from fees as well.

That's the whole point of the fees.
To ensure your child has a better education than the public school kids - otherwise whats the point in paying?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Brisbane
Reply #85 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:32am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:27am:

SOB

It's only fair.

I can't speak from the perspective of someone who went to a Government school because I didn't but for my mind a lot of the rhetoric from those who did seems they carry a chip on the shoulder the size of a elephant about private v public education.

It's a case of "I couldn't go to private school so I will hate anything about them because its not fair..."

All I am saying is that the Government should fund all schools equally and then the private schools get the additional funding from fees as well.

To ensure your child has a better education than the public school kids - otherwise whats the point in paying?

If ppl want to go to public funded schools and have an "equal share" of the education funding they can go to public schools. Nobody is stopping them.]

Private schools are private enterprises and shouldn't be funded by the govt. Thats why they are called "private".

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
nice person!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

London
Reply #86 - May 8th, 2012 at 10:34am

No.
It's about running a two tier system.

I pay taxes.
My children should therefore receive the same level of funding as any other child.

In addition to that I am free to spend money on school fees to ensure they get additional quality of schooling again to give them a headstart on those who don't pay.

I have no doubt my exam results are a damn sight better than kids in my district who didn't go to private school purely because my school was better.

That's what its all about.
Gaining advantage.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Brisbane
Reply #87 - May 8th, 2012 at 11:02am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:34am:
No.
It's about running a two tier system.

I pay taxes.
My children should therefore receive the same level of funding as any other child.

In addition to that I am free to spend money on school fees to ensure they get additional quality of schooling again to give them a headstart on those who don't pay.

I have no doubt my exam results are a damn sight better than kids in my district who didn't go to private school purely because my school was better.

That's what its all about.
Gaining advantage.

Your children do receive the same level of funding as any other child. They are free to go to public schools to take full advantage of that.

You arent entitled to more than everyone else though. You gain your "advantage" through your own privately funded means.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
nice person!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - May 8th, 2012 at 12:17pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:32am:

SOB

It's only fair.

If ppl want to go to public funded schools and have an "equal share" of the education funding they can go to public schools. Nobody is stopping them.]

Private schools are private enterprises and shouldn't be funded by the govt. Thats why they are called "private".

SOB

but your belief will end up costing the govt MORE while reducing education al outcomes. How is that clever or wise? and they arent 'private enterprise' tey are non-profits and the difference is significant not the least being that NO ONE makes any money out of it.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Brisbane
Reply #89 - May 8th, 2012 at 12:22pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 12:17pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 8th, 2012 at 10:32am:

SOB

It's only fair.

SOB

but your belief will end up costing the govt MORE while reducing education al outcomes. How is that clever or wise? and they arent 'private enterprise' tey are non-profits and the difference is significant not the least being that NO ONE makes any money out of it.

Who cares how much it costs to do it right? Its not like we are broke or anything. Think of the children.

Is your belief that religious schools are better based on fact or just prejudice?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
nice person!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Send Topic Print