Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Should taxpayers money pay for private education ?

Yes    
  11 (35.5%)
No    
  20 (64.5%)

Total votes: 31
« Created by: Sir lastnail on: May 7th, 2012 at 11:47am »

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
Send Topic Print
Should taxpayer pay for private education? (Read 18555 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: Should taxpayer pay for private education?
Reply #270 - May 13th, 2012 at 6:59pm

Why should i pay taxes towards schools when I dont go to school or have any kids that go to school?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #271 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:04pm

nairbe wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 1:01pm:
Quote:
they have chosen to be outside the public system so don't expect it to be paid for.

We all pay tax, that tax is paid to the benefit of the community as a whole, not individually. Taxes go to build roads, hospitals, schools, defence and some other stuff that politicians like to feel important about. These things are then available to us all and in so doing help to create a healthy, educated and secure community that is to the advantage of all. When you choose of your own free will to use, create or advantage from a service that is outside of that system then why do you expect to be paid for that. We do have exceptions in Health through Medicare where it is a service based fee but do you see the teachers agreeing to that Grin Grin Grin Grin
As for the Private health insurance rebate, i have a fundamental objection to it, as i do to the FTB bonus, bb bonus and any other handout or cash payment. You want private you pay for it, but by having it you do not absolve yourself of your responsibility to the community as a whole. That is a short road to social disaster and so typical of the "ME" generations selfish thinking, as is the current entitlement mentality that seems to think they should get a bonus payment for everything. Government is for services not to supplement your income.

The government's task is to ensure that children are educated, health is cared for, etc. This is not the same thing as the government controlling and providing all these services.This is where political differences reside, this is where policy options are a reality.

You can use tax money to provide education or you can use it to encourage people to provide it for their children. Same with health and a load of other stuff, even defence.  In Switzerland, they bear arms and have citizen militias. The regular army is a small proportion of the Swiss military. People are responsible to keeping their kit, including weapons, at home.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #272 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:05pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 6:59pm:
Why should i pay taxes towards schools when I dont go to school or have any kids that go to school?

SOB

Because it is in your personal interest that the generations coming after you are schooled, you stupid woman.
I am only slightly surprised that even the most elementary things need to be spelled out for you.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #273 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:14pm

Soren wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 7:05pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 6:59pm:

SOB

Because it is in your personal interest that the generations coming after you are schooled, you stupid woman.
I am only slightly surprised that even the most elementary things need to be spelled out for you.

Woman? Are you calling me a woman as an insult?

Right okay. So you asked me why you should pay taxes to fund public schools if you have kids in a private school. Here is the answer:

Quote:

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #274 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:28pm

I am calling you a woman because you are a woman.
i am calling you stupid because you are.

Not a correlation normally, but in your case, it is. You are a stupid woman. You would be still stupid if you were a man. I am talking about your empty head, not your nutless panties.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #275 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:30pm

Soren wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 7:28pm:

Not a correlation normally, but in your case, it is. You are a stupid woman. You would be still stupid if you were a man. I am talking about your empty head, not your nutless panties.

I am not a woman? what is this bs?

LOLOLOL you didnt like my answer did you.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #276 - May 13th, 2012 at 7:54pm

My kids finished school years ago and I didnt get 1 cent of help from the govt when they were going to school so why should my taxes go to todays school kids?
This modern addiction to welfare has to stop.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #277 - May 13th, 2012 at 8:14pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 7:30pm:

SOB

You are a woman. A man would be stupid differently.

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #278 - May 13th, 2012 at 8:23pm

Can anyone suggest how we might move to an education system that involves zero public funding of private schools. It might well be the ideal outcome, but how do we get there.

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #279 - May 13th, 2012 at 9:37pm

MOTR wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 8:23pm:
Can anyone suggest how we might move to an education system that involves zero public funding of private schools. It might well be the ideal outcome, but how do we get there.

Make school/VET/university fees 200% tax deductible - or match state funding to fees, 1:2 ($1 fee attracting $2 government funding.)

Let principals/directors/VCs set entry requirements and academic standards.

Put schools under local government authority. Allow schools to make their own rules about hiring & firing of teachers and principals.

Charge full fees upfront for course work university courses but keep research degrees fully government funded.

In short, make education valuable and worth having.

IP Logged

Dooley

OzPolitic

Reply #280 - May 13th, 2012 at 11:52pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 4:49pm:
Dooley wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 1:39pm:
There is a direct relationship between the fall in standards of building and their overall state in disrepair and the increase in government funding of private school infrastructure. Federal, State and Local government funding once mainly directed at public schools is now fragmented across many schooling types. This results in a specific lacl of ability for governments of all levels to deliever the sort of funding to public schools in the past.

All the BS about tax payers not subsidising middle-class private schools is just smoke screen.

If it is really just a matter of choice - then lets go ALL the way down that path and just divide the total amount spent on students by the number of students and give an equal amount to each child to submit to the school of their parents choice?
The reason ALL private school advocates don't agree with this fair and just method of dividing the education funding pie, is because it is just that - fair and just and that would mean private schools wouldn't be able to gouge funding allocatons through the various shady dealings and corrupt methods they use to acquire the extra funding they now do.

this would mean that public shools would receive less and private schools more. I dont know what you intended with your post but you very effectively destroyed your own positino. well done!

No, I think you'll find that if the funding through grants from the federal government was simply divided up equally amongst the number of students then what you'd find is that public students would recieve more than they do now.

Not being able to read what I've clearly stated doesn't mean anything other than what I've said. Your assumption is just that - your assumption. It doesn't mean anything other than your private school debating skills aren't all they're cracked up to be.......

My "positino" is referential to the private school adherents'shifting paradigm. If the point put forward is one where it relates to fairness and equality then it stands to reason that all students should recieve equal funding - hence the standpoint where total sum divided by units produces equality toward all. If the reasoning of what is best for society however, is reliant upon choosing between allocating funds widely dispersed over church and charitable society profit earning entities to benefit societies better than say, allocating funds to a tightly audited, non-profit generating, community based, non-secular, non--racist, non-discriminatory public schooling sector. Then I'm all for the public schooling being funded to the exclusion of tax-payer funding being allocated to the private schools/religious organisations.

Cause let's be honest here the private schools are really no better or worse than the muslim madrash schools where misogy, racism and elitism is the basis of the school culture. What is that jesuit saying about "give me a boy between the age of........".

I earnestly believe that parents should always be given the choice to have their child educated byy whomever they see fit to handle the task. However I do not, and will never agree to the idea that some sections of the community should be able to sway the government into making exceptoional funding allocations primarily based around the pie in the sky reasoning that the government should subsidise it unless that subsidy is available to everyone equally ie if I want to home school then I should by rights be able to ask te government to allow me the tax concessions if I spend money on maintentance on the areas in my house used for schooling, electricity bills, canteens running costs, water and sewage bills as well as some of the associated vehicle running costs taking my kids to educational camps, sports activites etc, etc, etc - you are by now prolly getting a little miffed at the idea that "I" have the gall to suggest "I" recieve those deductions let alone actually recieve them. But I'm not finished yet - I have 10 children and my wife and I (we belong to the church of eternal fetility) are now in the process of procreating and will we hope have more childre before the others have finished their schooling. We have found that our home school now needs 3 new bedrooms, a sports stadium, a chapel and a swimming pool (the costs associated with running all our kids to and from the local public swimming pool [urgh] now justify lashing out and having a olympic pool in the bottom paddock. Why shouldn't we have access to te funding the private schools do?????? Almost to the tee the reasons you are now formulating in your head why my wife and I - and every other home schooling parent in the nation - shouldn't are the why I and most other people without kids don't agree with the public purse funding of religious schools.

There's prolly a few typo's - my apologies. 

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #281 - May 14th, 2012 at 6:25am

Soren wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 8:14pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 7:30pm:

SOB

You are a woman. A man would be stupid differently.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #282 - May 14th, 2012 at 6:26am

Quote:
Cause let's be honest here the private schools are really no better or worse than the muslim madrash schools where misogy, racism and elitism is the basis of the school culture. What is that jesuit saying about "give me a boy between the age of........".

This is the thing isnt it. If the xtians can do it so can the muslims. If the muslims can do it so can the buddhists. It doesnt stop.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #283 - May 15th, 2012 at 2:50pm

All funding of private schools should stop. Neither libs nor lab nor green will stop this though. Corrupt.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #284 - May 15th, 2012 at 3:04pm

MOTR wrote on May 13th, 2012 at 8:23pm:

Look at the publicly run Finnish schooling system. The best teachers money can buy and no wasting money on daggy uniforms which is another racket that goes on in this backward run system here !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22
Send Topic Print