Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
...post 9-11 world.... (Read 38805 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Re: ...post 9-11 world....
Reply #15 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:39am

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:24am:
You think we should ignore home grown terrorists is assessing the risk of terrorism?

I don't see much difference.

Dont you try to put words in my mouth. I didnt say that and you know it. I said we arent talking about domestic terrorism. This thread was about 11/9 and its effects on oz which are nil.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:48am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 5:38pm:
Any particular thoughts on how Australia should conduct itself in a post 9-11 world so that the risks of Terrorism diminish?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #17 - May 7th, 2012 at 10:57am

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:48am:
Any particular thoughts on how Australia should conduct itself in a post 9-11 world so that the risks of Terrorism diminish?

Yeah. But we have no risks of terrorism in that context. Have we?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - May 7th, 2012 at 11:49am

Sure we do.

Are you suggesting we respond to the threat of terrorism by pretending it does not exist, hoping it will go away, conveniently forgetting who was targeted in Bali, and insisting our home grown terrorists have nothing to do with the broader threat?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #19 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:20pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 11:49am:
Sure we do.

Are you suggesting we respond to the threat of terrorism by pretending it does not exist, hoping it will go away, conveniently forgetting who was targeted in Bali, and insisting our home grown terrorists have nothing to do with the broader threat?

Bali was not australian terrorism and was not targeting australians. I am not saying we should ignore domestic terrorism. Our domestic terrorism is not the same terrorism that the 11/9 crap is about. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Why do you think bali was anything to do with australian domestic terrorism anyway? It was indonesians in indonesia.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

DueBank

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:22pm

I suggest we freak out and sell off all our freedoms in the name of safety.
Oh wait...
That already happened.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 12:20pm:
Sure we do.

Bali was not australian terrorism and was not targeting australians. I am not saying we should ignore domestic terrorism. Our domestic terrorism is not the same terrorism that the 11/9 crap is about. Stop trying to put words in my mouth.

Why do you think bali was anything to do with australian domestic terrorism anyway? It was indonesians in indonesia.

SOB

Here is a similarity for you: they were all perpetrated by Islamic extremists who reject basic western values.

Do you think you can draw nice neat borders around terrorists to keep them contained?

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #22 - May 7th, 2012 at 1:31pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 12:57pm:
Sure we do.

SOB

Here is a similarity for you: they were all perpetrated by Islamic extremists who reject basic western values.

Do you think you can draw nice neat borders around terrorists to keep them contained?

Ahhhhh. Yeah I shoulda known since ive seen it in other threads. Only muslims are terrorists and all muslims are terrorists, Sorry to disappoint you but we dont have an Islamic terrorist problem in australia. The domestic terrorists are australian.

In fact most terrorist attacks in australia (perpetrated by australians) that I know of havent even hurt any ppl because they have targeted information and data.

No. Look it up yourself. I am not going to spend any time looking them up for you. There was 1 on a telecom thing in the 80s that set the datacommunications in oz back about 20 years apparently. Dont remember any others but im sure you will find them.
'
SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - May 7th, 2012 at 2:23pm

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but we dont have an Islamic terrorist problem in australia. The domestic terrorists are australian.

They also happen to be Muslims. At least, the last bunch to get arrested were. Are you still trying to put nice neat borders around terrorist? One bunch is Australian. One is Indonesian. One is Saudi working in the US. One is British. One is Spanish. Just ignore the fact that they are all Muslims because it is inconvenient to whatever silly agenda you are pushing?

You will not have much luck assessing the risk of terrorism if you think making silly points is more important than acknowledging reality.

Quote:
In fact most terrorist attacks in australia (perpetrated by australians) that I know of havent even hurt any ppl because they have targeted information and data.

You'll have to forgive me for focussing on the threat posed by terrorists out for mass slaughter of people.

Quote:
There was 1 on a telecom thing in the 80s that set the datacommunications in oz back about 20 years apparently.

Grin

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #24 - May 7th, 2012 at 2:31pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 2:23pm:
Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you but we dont have an Islamic terrorist problem in australia. The domestic terrorists are australian.

They also happen to be Muslims. At least, the last bunch to get arrested were. Are you still trying to put nice neat borders around terrorist? One bunch is Australian. One is Indonesian. One is Saudi working in the US. One is British. One is Spanish. Just ignore the fact that they are all Muslims because it is inconvenient to whatever silly agenda you are pushing?

You will not have much luck assessing the risk of terrorism if you think making silly points is more important than acknowledging reality.

Quote:

You'll have to forgive me for focussing on the threat posed by terrorists out for mass slaughter of people.

Quote:
There was 1 on a telecom thing in the 80s that set the datacommunications in oz back about 20 years apparently.

Grin

What "silly agenda" would that be? Only silly agenda i see is you trying to push your islamiphobia onto me.

In australia the only terrorists i know of (the domestic terrorists) have been australian. Dunno what their religions were but its irrelevant since their objectives were political.

If you have evidence that "islamists" are plotting something perhaps you should give your information to the police or ASIO or something.

What was "the last bunch"?

Ok. Lets focus on the threats. What threats? oh the mass slaughtering of ppl. What mass slaughter of ppl? You mean that guy in tasmania? Sorry not a muslim.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:10pm

Quote:
In australia the only terrorists i know of (the domestic terrorists) have been australian. Dunno what their religions were but its irrelevant since their objectives were political

The reality is that they were Muslims and their religion is relevant. Ignoring this reality will increase the risk of terrorism.

Quote:
What was "the last bunch"?

Some Muslim extremists in Melbourne.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #26 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:32pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 6:20pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 6:10pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 5:59pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 5:46pm:

What risks?

SOB

PS its friggin 11-9

If the reason they attacked in the first place is still there then why wouldn't another 9-11 be on the cards?

THAT REASON!!  Roll Eyes

And what was that reason? The reason given was that yanks wouldn't get out of their country and their business. Yeah that reason is still there. Has nothing to do with us.

If the yanks want to keep provoking them then the yanks may cop it again yeah.

SOB

...and Bali!!??!!

Who did bali and what was their reason? Nothing to do with us. The fact that some aussies were there has nothing to do with it. The aussies were not the target.

SOB

Turn a blind eye if you want: you aren't the world dood, you are one loser in it!

The rest of us want answers..................

Shocked Shocked

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #27 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:39pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 9:24am:
freediver wrote on May 6th, 2012 at 6:46pm:
So who was the target?

I dont remember. It wasnt australians. Look it up. Google is your friend.

SOB

Just because you don't care doesn't mean anything!

We're all piss-heads and from time to time forget we have legs....

....doesn't mean we haven't got them!!

If you wan't to live in a fairly land where two massive buildings getting toppled in the financial hub of the world, in front of the world, on live tv by the very symbols of it's own 'freedom'- planes - means nothing then go ahead!

THE REST OF US HAVE FUNCTIONAL LIVES TO LIVE!!  Kiss

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #28 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:44pm

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 10:48am:

Fascists supports Fascists!

There's a problem and if there's no change the problem will remain, logically!!

What the problem is exactly is the question I am asking!!!

We're talking about a  world that turns here...  Huh

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #29 - May 7th, 2012 at 3:47pm

Sure we do.

SOB

Right, I AM OFFICALLY MAKING THE CALL YOU ARE OFF THE WALL!  Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print