Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Religiosity and Narcissism (Read 9350 times)
muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Religiosity and Narcissism
Reply #60 - May 24th, 2012 at 4:04pm

Yadda wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 2:52pm:
muso wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:09am:

Translation: Your religion is better than their religion.

Without doubt [.....i.e. with conviction!   Wink  ], in my estimation.

But hey, i'm just a flawed human being.      Smiley

Buit i have made a choice muso;

My religion is better than their religion.

I guess the point I was making is that the part about not accepting Christ is a bit more general than just Muslims. Not being a Christian myself (except on special occasions when the food is good  Tongue ) I am in that position too.

Quote:
But muso,

Surely, you'd rather be with your friends in the after life ?

Your moslem friends.

I don't believe in an afterlife, Yadda. I was being flippant, just as you were in your response.  However, see Hebrews 12:14

Quote:
muso,

My belief, my 'conviction', is that this life is merely a sorting process for souls.

And that we ourselves, are both the sort-ers, and, the sort-ees.    [by our choices, we sort ourselves]

What is your choice muso ?

Who do you want to spend eternity with, myself, or your wife ???

You don't have to answer that.        Grin

But don't worry your head over it though muso, because the God who created your living spirit, is a just God.

There are many flavors of deity and ways of defining a God, and those who sense a "godliness" in Nature are sensing there the same sacredness as you do. We just interpret it differently.

« Last Edit: May 24th, 2012 at 4:12pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #61 - May 24th, 2012 at 4:40pm

muso wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 4:04pm:
I don't believe in an afterlife, Yadda. I was being flippant, just as you were in your response.  However, see Hebrews 12:14

And we all [mankind], use to believe many things, which we now know were mistaken.

And peace.

Peace is a 'consequence' muso.

Hebrews 12:14
Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

.....righteousness is the primary, enabling, source of peace, imo.

And men are not righteous.

So, peace, cannot come from either the desire of men or from the efforts of men.

Witness the present state of the world.

So, where will men find peace muso,  ....if indeed a man desires peace ?

Matthew 6:33

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #62 - May 24th, 2012 at 8:28pm

Yadda wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 4:40pm:
And we all [mankind], use to believe many things, which we now know were mistaken.

That works both ways. Mankind used to believe that the Sun orbited the Earth, and those who disagreed were often imprisoned or burnt alive.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #63 - May 25th, 2012 at 9:44pm

muso wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 8:28pm:
Yadda wrote on May 24th, 2012 at 4:40pm:

That works both ways. Mankind used to believe that the Sun orbited the Earth, and those who disagreed were often imprisoned or burnt alive.

Yes.

And isn't it good muso, and righteous, that many people who belonged to that organisation which oppressed those intellectual dissidents, have since acknowledged the error of that organisation, and have repented the oppression which was perpetrated by that organisation?

But the earth is still flat muso, to some people.

To some people, today, the Sun may as well 'still' orbit the Earth......

Quote:
"All cultures are not equal. Actually the truth is some are vile and despicable. Only liars or ignoramuses say different."

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/05/msnbc-dont-expose-muslim-atrocities-it-will-ma...

muso,

You, and i, and most of mankind, can [now, perceive and] acknowledge that the Earth orbits the Sun.

Congratulations!!!
     /sarc off

But why can't people like yourself, a rational man, acknowledge the truth about ISLAM ???

The truth that ISLAM is an evil, and vile, death cult, which clearly promotes and encourages its followers to murder those human beings who choose to reject ISLAM's authority over their lives.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/05/indonesia-dozens-of-christians-flee-as-muslims...

+++

muso,

I already know the answer, as to why you refuse to acknowledge the truth about ISLAM.

If you did acknowledge the truth about ISLAM, your worldview would be instantly and dramatically changed, and that would force you to confront a very 'new',
.....reality.

And maybe then, your conscience, would force you to begin to speak out,
....ABOUT WHAT ISLAM REALLY IS, IN REALITY.

+++

Our perception of this reality is a scary and powerful thing muso.

It defines us, intellectually, morally.

Doesn't it ?

e.g.
Look at how moslems perceive [and then define] 'unbelievers'.

"Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan...."
Koran 4.76

With a twisted perception of reality, some of us come to believe that....

"Murder, is justice."   ???

« Last Edit: May 26th, 2012 at 12:07am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #64 - May 26th, 2012 at 12:21am

Yadda wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 9:44pm:

Our perception of this reality is a scary and powerful thing muso.

It defines us, intellectually, morally.

Doesn't it ?

e.g.
Look at how moslems perceive [and then define] 'unbelievers'.

"Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan...."
Koran 4.76

With a twisted perception of reality, some of us come to believe that....

"Murder, is justice."   ???

muso,

Truly, a moslem would be 'legally' justified [in ISLAMIC law] in killing me, a person such as myself, if i fell into his power.

muso,

If a moslem killed me, if such an event happened,    would you mourn my death ?

Or, would you believe that i got what i deserved ?

That i brought that event, upon myself ?

Is that what you would think ?imuso,

In moslem majority countries, every day, moslems are murdering people just like me.

THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #65 - May 26th, 2012 at 10:05am

I already demonstrated how you have very little skill in interpreting the Qur'an, yet you haven't learnt from your mistake. I know people all around the world of many different faiths. Basically they all share a fundamental decency.

Do you really think that Muslims are encouraged to kill others not of their faith?

Quote:
Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live

How many innocent people have been put to death over the centuries on the basis of that particular scriptural gem? How many people are still being killed in primtive societies because of that ?

You have the gall to suggest that Muslims may not be friends with anybody outside their faith based on the Qur'an, but it's not ok for Christians to be friends with people outside their religion. (But that's different because they're evil and you're good)

One man's god is another man's devil

2 Corinthians 6:14-5:17

Quote:
14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[b]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
    and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.”[c]

17 Therefore,

“Come out from them
    and be separate,
says the Lord.

Also 1 John 2:22

Quote:
Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist--he denies the Father and the Son.

You think I'm the antichrist? All Jews, Muslims, Buddhists are antichrists? All Religious Naturalists are antichrists too?  That speaks volumes about the intolerance and hatred of Christianity. You wonder why people like the Westboro Baptists can survive in a "religion sof love" . They survive by following the scriptures.

Once again, I am saying that there  are  problems with Islam, but there are just as many problems with Christianity. You have a mighty big plank in your eye.
Quote:

“All the demons of Hell formerly reigned as gods in previous cultures. No it's not fair, but one man's god is another man's devil. As each subsequent civilization became a dominant power, among its first acts was to depose and demonize whoever the previous culture had worshipped. The Jews attacked Belial, the god of the Babylonians. The Christians banished Pan and Loki anda Mars, the respective deities of the ancient Greeks and Celts and Romans. The Anglican British banned belief in the Australian aboriginal spirits known as the Mimi. Satan is depicted with cloven hooves because Pan had them, and he carries a pitchfork based on the trident carried by Neptune. As each deity was deposed, it was relegated to Hell. For gods so long accustomed to receiving tribute and loving attention, of course this status shift put them into a foul mood.”
― Chuck Palahniuk, Damned
« Last Edit: May 26th, 2012 at 10:20am by muso »  

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #66 - May 26th, 2012 at 10:25am

Yadda wrote on May 25th, 2012 at 9:44pm:
Yes.

And isn't it good muso, and righteous, that many people who belonged to that organisation which oppressed those intellectual dissidents, have since acknowledged the error of that organisation, and have repented the oppression which was perpetrated by that organisation?

It's wonderful.  I wish all Christians could take a similar look at themselves.

Quote:
muso,

You, and i, and most of mankind, can [now, perceive and] acknowledge that the Earth orbits the Sun.

Congratulations!!!
     /sarc off

Good approximation at least. The Earth and Sun orbit about a common centre of gravity.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #67 - May 27th, 2012 at 12:03am

muso wrote on May 26th, 2012 at 10:05am:

I already demonstrated how you have very little skill in interpreting the Qur'an, yet you haven't learnt from your mistake.

I know people all around the world of many different faiths.

Basically they all share a fundamental decency.

muso,

I can see the argument that you are putting forward.

Google;
moral equivalence

muso,

Your position/argument defies reason, imo.

Do you really think that Muslims are encouraged to kill others not of their faith?

Moslems are taught from childhood, in moslem schools, that moslems are a superior group of people, a more moral group of people than others, ........because they are moslems.

Moslems are taught, that merely being a moslem, elevates a moslem to a higher moral plane.

Moslems are also taught, ISLAMIC law states, that it is 'lawful' to kill an unbeliever, to further the influence and power of Allah's law, in an area which is in dispute.

muso,

Above i said that your position defies reason......

muso,

There is ample evidence that in our own region, moslems in Indonesia are persecuting and sometimes murdering Christians - BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT MOSLEMS.

The evidence is clear and undeniable.....
http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/05/indonesia-dozens-of-christians-flee-as-muslims...

But you insist that all people, including moslems, are largely morally equivalent.

muso......
"I know people all around the world of many different faiths.

Basically they all share a fundamental decency."

Of course they do muso.

Quote:
Egypt: Muslims assault Christians, Muslims acquitted, Christians sentenced to life in prison

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/05/egypt-muslims-assault-christians-muslims-acqui...

'There is largely, a moral equivalence, and no large distinction between moslem values and Christian values.'

/sarc off

And muso, please stop claiming that the Earth is a satellite of the Sun, you know very well, that the opposite is true.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #68 - May 27th, 2012 at 2:42am

Yadda wrote on May 27th, 2012 at 12:03am:

I already demonstrated how you have very little skill in interpreting the Qur'an, yet you haven't learnt from your mistake.

I know people all around the world of many different faiths.

Basically they all share a fundamental decency.

muso,

I can see the argument that you are putting forward.

Google;
moral equivalence

muso,

Your position/argument defies reason, imo.

muso,

I was going to say something about how this age views the word, -discriminate-.

But i can see, that there is no point.

I say; Let the people have the world [i.e. the reality] which they want and desire.

After all, i am just a stranger in a strange land muso, after all, i have no desire to 'go native' here.

I see a different horizon.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - May 27th, 2012 at 1:54pm

In the begining God thought; and thought and thought and thought and the thought was 'round'.

And God thought, 'wow'

Because it's hard to think without anything to think about.

And the round thought was hard to hang onto, blinking in and out of existence. god thought some more and thought and thought and thought "I need a space to put the round thing"

And he thought "space" "wow".

And behold there WAS space and the round thing and god saw that it was good.

And god put another round thing innit. And another and another and another, (ad infinitum) and the space grew and grew and grew, (ad infinitum) and round things bumped into each other and became bigger round things.

And bigger and bigger and bigger and formed relationships.

God became quite obsessed actually, with the round that he thought ...

and here we are.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Dec 10th, 2023 at 4:55pm

This Topic was moved here from Atheism by freediver.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print