Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Simple question for rights/conservatives on here. (Read 1761 times)
TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Simple question for rights/conservatives on here.
May 5th, 2012 at 5:05pm

This question has never really been answered by the Coalition or their supporters, so I would really appreciate a straightforward, no beating around the bush answer. If the Coalition knew about Slipper's behaviour, then why was he pre-selected 9 times? I have heard that they knew that he was dodgy since about 2003, so then, why was he pre-selected in 2004, 2007 and 2010? Why was he not disendorsed until 2011?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Simple question for rights/conservatives on here.
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2012 at 5:09pm

I don't know.
It's pretty poor, isn't it ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

corporate_whitey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Archivist
Reply #2 - May 5th, 2012 at 5:12pm

TheGreenLight wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
This question has never really been answered by the Coalition or their supporters, so I would really appreciate a straightforward, no beating around the bush answer. If the Coalition knew about Slipper's behaviour, then why was he pre-selected 9 times? I have heard that they knew that he was dodgy since about 2003, so then, why was he pre-selected in 2004, 2007 and 2010? Why was he not disendorsed until 2011?

These are all problems relating to globalists, (Neo cons and neo libs) not conservatives nor the traditional left. Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

World Wide Working Class Struggle

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - May 5th, 2012 at 5:34pm

I think when you can explain how Thomson was preselected multiple times while being known as a whoring, embezzling scumbag who took secret commissions then you might get someone to bother answering you.

in the meantime, you just look like a hypocrite.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - May 5th, 2012 at 5:57pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 5:34pm:

I think when you can explain how Thomson was preselected multiple times while being known as a whoring, embezzling scumbag who took secret commissions then you might get someone to bother answering you.

So in your pathetic opinion you can justify any action by finding allegations against your opponent and dismissing any concerns as hypocrisy.....Take a look at yourself in the mirror mate!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:32pm

He was only actually preselected twice, and I have said the same of him as I have of Slipper. The only one being hypocritical is you. No answer? Can't justify why the Coalition preselected him?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:39pm

philperth2010 wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 5:57pm:

So in your pathetic opinion you can justify any action by finding allegations against your opponent and dismissing any concerns as hypocrisy.....Take a look at yourself in the mirror mate!!!

well you dont seem to care about Thomson's crimes so I might as well. Now if he was a Lib you'd be screaming for his jailing.

Yes. Hypocrite fits you quite well.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #7 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:39pm:

well you dont seem to care about Thomson's crimes so I might as well. Now if he was a Lib you'd be screaming for his jailing.

When was Thomson convicted of any crimes?

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm

There are no true scotsmen

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #9 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:46pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm:

SOB

Sean Connery?

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

TheGreenLight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:46pm

Two wrongs don't make a right. You don't seem to understand, no one is defending Thomson. We're just asking why the Coalition preselected Slipper so many times, if they knew that he was dodgy from circa 2003? Yes, the same case can, and by myself, has been, said. Again, two wrongs don't make a right, and no one has defended Thomson.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:53pm

adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm:

look to the future (your words).

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #12 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:54pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:53pm:
adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm:

look to the future (your words).

and wise words they are

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #13 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:57pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:41pm:

My father was....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

MOTR
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:11pm

The answer to your question is rather simple. Slipper was a  "protected species" within the Liberal party due to his symbiotic relationship with the Queensland Liberal party factional boss Santo Santoro.

Quote:
Former Howard government advisers and senior Liberal Party figures have told The Sun-Herald Mr Santoro's factional support for Mr Slipper protected him from being disendorsed.

''There was definitely a concern [about Mr Slipper] but he was entrenched,'' a former senior adviser in Mr Howard's prime ministerial office said. ''If you'd been able to move him on, you would [have], but you weren't able to. He had the numbers.''

A senior figure within the Queensland party concurred: ''He was very much a protected species … [Mr Santoro's faction] would use their influence to look after him. They did that for their own self-interest. It was a symbiotic relationship with Santo.''

Sources said Mr Slipper would marshal members of his electorate to back candidates favoured by Mr Santoro for party positions and preselections. John Howard attempted to rein in Mr Slipper's behaviour by appointing him his personal parliamentary secretary in March 2002. ''Howard wanted to keep a close eye on him,'' another former senior adviser to the Howard government said.

Slipper remained in parliament because it would have been politically inconvenient to disendorse him.

Hunt says Coalition accepts IPCC findings

"What does this mean? It means that we need to do practical things that actually reduce emissions."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print