iPhones and iPads (Read 1521 times)
Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
iPhones and iPads
May 4th, 2012 at 9:29am

Police warrants include iphones and ipads

Well I thought it was obvious but I guess not since someone had to write an article about it. Geez come to think of it before mobiles they used to take your phone bill. Yeah prolly still do.

Solution for criminals? I guess the way to thwart them would be to use a liquid metal phone and morph it to look like something else. Have to wait a while though.

Liquid Metal Phones

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: iPhones and iPads
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:37am

Someone needs to write an app that will encrypt all voice
and data communications for everyday users so that
no one - not even the Govt. can crack the codes.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:44am

Bobby. wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 11:37am:

Why? I've nothing to hide.. If the government want to listen to my wife giving me a shopping list or telling me how great I was last night, good luck to them (Ok, I made that last one up).

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #3 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:46am

Johnsmith wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 11:44am:
Bobby. wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 11:37am:

Why? I've nothing to hide.. If the government want to listen to my wife giving me a shopping list or telling me how great I was last night, good luck to them (Ok, I made that last one up).

The Govt. are just nosey parkers.
People should have a right to privacy.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:53am

the chances are what you deem private, a million other people are doing as well , and in reality, the government couldn't care less one way or the other ... do you really think they want to know what you had for dinner? or when the last time you had sex was? please, it sounds like being a politician is depressing enough, why would you want to listen to millions or others ... i would agree that for some,  secretly listening to one or two others can be entertaining , but when you have to listen to the same thing from millions of strangers it quickly becomes boring... as long as the information used isn't sold of to third parties and only used for crime prevention, I don't care ...

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #5 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:56am

Johnsmith wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 11:53am:
the chances are what you deem private, a million other people are doing as well , and in reality, the government couldn't care less one way or the other ... do you really think they want to know what you had for dinner? or when the last time you had sex was? please, it sounds like being a politician is depressing enough, why would you want to listen to millions or others ... i would agree that for some,  secretly listening to one or two others can be entertaining , but when you have to listen to the same thing from millions of strangers it quickly becomes boring... as long as the information used isn't sold of to third parties and only used for crime prevention, I don't care ...

I do care.
People should be able to have total privacy.

Read the book called  "1984" by George Orwell.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #6 - May 4th, 2012 at 11:57am

Well this is the thing isnt it. How about those laws being passed for things like google and stuff. They get through because the police might want access to the information but it is  used for advertising purposes.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 4th, 2012 at 12:40pm

Bobby. wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 11:56am:

I do care.

read it, it was a book, so what? read some of the things on  facebook ..  people don't want privacy, they want the illusion of privacy ... the reality is that people will tell anyone anything if asked correctly..... people are just opposed to the 'government'

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #8 - May 4th, 2012 at 12:52pm

Johnsmith wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 12:40pm:

I do care.

read it, it was a book, so what? read some of the things on  facebook ..  people don't want privacy, they want the illusion of privacy ... the reality is that people will tell anyone anything if asked correctly..... people are just opposed to the 'government'

Some ppl may be like that. Some may not. Some do not go on facebook @ all for just that reason. I dont know what you mean by "the government" though. There are prolly ppl like that too. Obviously the ppl in the BB house dont give a rats about privacy. Putting everyone into the same bucket and assigning the same motives to them is what the advertisers do.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #9 - May 4th, 2012 at 1:18pm

I do care.

The fact is that Govts. all around the world have used 911
as a pretext for invading everyone's privacy.
Every keystroke you make on the internet is recorded for prosperity.
Every phone call number & text message is recorded.
You can't even get a SIM card for your phone without giving
a drivers license or a passport ID.

Big Brother is watching you.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 4th, 2012 at 1:27pm

Bobby. wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 1:18pm:

I do care.

True ... ever since 9/11 every word you say on the telephone or type on the net is being monitored by the yanks, just by my typing the word terrorist this message is being pinged by the NSA over in the USA... and this has disadvantaged us how exactly? If they have managed to stop one terrorist attack, it was worth it. I certainly don't agree with the government using the information to try to influence elections or to target advertising campains, or to sell the information so as to balance the books,  but I have no problem in it being used to fight crime and only to fight crime. ....

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #11 - May 4th, 2012 at 1:35pm

Johnsmith wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 1:27pm:

I do care.

True ... ever since 9/11 every word you say on the telephone or type on the net is being monitored by the yanks, just by my typing the word terrorist this message is being pinged by the NSA over in the USA... and this has disadvantaged us how exactly? If they have managed to stop one terrorist attack, it was worth it. I certainly don't agree with the government using the information to try to influence elections or to target advertising campains, or to sell the information so as to balance the books,  but I have no problem in it being used to fight crime and only to fight crime. ....

Oh jeez man, for fks sake.
Why is the internet home to so many paranoid people????

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #12 - May 4th, 2012 at 1:43pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 1:35pm:

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 4th, 2012 at 4:45pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 1:35pm:
Johnsmith wrote on May 4th, 2012 at 1:27pm:

I do care.

What exactly is paranoid about my statement?

(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - May 4th, 2012 at 4:47pm

Andrei,
Quote:

Andrei,
You won't say that when men in suits knock at your door -
& they won't be Mormons.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print