Latest Newspoll (Read 4049 times)
john_g
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Latest Newspoll
Reply #60 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:48pm

adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:45pm:
john_g wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:44pm:
I don't post that often on here, so am not fully aware of all details, but the moderating on this site leaves a lot to be desire.

As a neutral centrist, it does appear that the mods are left-biased, and disgusting posts like Karnal's "Is Abbott straight", are allowed to stay on this part of the site, whereas some of our more right-wing poster's threads are relegated to other parts.

That's part of the reason why I have only made about 400 posts on here in about a year from joining. The disgusting comments, and the bias therein, from the mods.

You're taking it way to seriously

What precisely?

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:55pm

I don't post that often on here, so am not fully aware of all details, but the moderating on this site leaves a lot to be desire.

As a neutral centrist, it does appear that the mods are left-biased, and disgusting posts like Karnal's "Is Abbott straight", are allowed to stay on this part of the site, whereas some of our more right-wing poster's threads are relegated to other parts.

That's part of the reason why I have only made about 400 posts on here in about a year from joining. The disgusting comments, and the bias therein, from the mods.

i wasnt aware that 'balance' and 'fairness' were such optional concepts. But I guess from a Green like you, it does sound about right (or is that hard left?)

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #62 - May 5th, 2012 at 6:56pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:55pm:

i wasnt aware that 'balance' and 'fairness' were such optional concepts. But I guess from a Green like you, it does sound about right (or is that hard left?)

Hey be nice..I always defended you when you were moderating  Tongue

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

john_g
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:07pm

adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 6:56pm:

What about Karnal? I haven't seen you criticse his disgusting threads harassing Matty, nor others who have posted digusting things about cods. Those two have copped so much that has been totally uncalled for, despicable and disgusting, and I haven't seen any mod or reprimand those who made them. In fact, a lot of left-wingers jump in and attack them as well.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #64 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:11pm

john_g wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 7:07pm:

What about Karnal? I haven't seen you criticse his disgusting threads harassing Matty, nor others who have posted digusting things about cods. Those two have copped so much that has been totally uncalled for, despicable and disgusting, and I haven't seen any mod or reprimand those who made them. In fact, a lot of left-wingers jump in and attack them as well.

Karnal is just taking the p!ss ..but as for those that abuse and attack each other I do agree, thats why I steer clear of personal attacks. But its still pretty tame when compared to similar sites and from what used to go on at the old Yahoo forums.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

john_g
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - May 5th, 2012 at 7:26pm

adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 7:11pm:

Karnal is just taking the p!ss ..but as for those that abuse and attack each other I do agree, thats why I steer clear of personal attacks. But its still pretty tame when compared to similar sites and from what used to go on at the old Yahoo forums.

Maybe so, but he takes things too far, and he does it constantly as well. I am not a member of any other political forums, but I think that personal insults of any kind, towards any member, be they left, right or centre is uncalled for and disgusting.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #66 - May 5th, 2012 at 9:16pm

john_g wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 7:26pm:

Maybe so, but he takes things too far, and he does it constantly as well. I am not a member of any other political forums, but I think that personal insults of any kind, towards any member, be they left, right or centre is uncalled for and disgusting.

I know what you are saying and I agree but it is still pretty tame here compared to the old Yahoo boards.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:11pm

well you gotta remember that no good deed goes unpunished and so after supporting skippy on 3 occasions against attackers my reward was him getting a petition of 23 posters to have me removed. So now, screw it. enjoy the carnage. no debate, nothiong but abuse, 50 new reincarnated posters a week, suspensions-a-plenty and not a single clue how to ACTUALLY run a moderated forum. I only drop in here occasionally now and then only when I literally have nothing else to do. this has become a cess-pool of worthless drivel.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Orgasm

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:12pm

longweekend58 wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 8:11pm:

well you gotta remember that no good deed goes unpunished and so after supporting skippy on 3 occasions against attackers my reward was him getting a petition of 23 posters to have me removed. So now, screw it. enjoy the carnage. no debate, nothiong but abuse, 50 new reincarnated posters a week, suspensions-a-plenty and not a single clue how to ACTUALLY run a moderated forum. I only drop in here occasionally now and then only when I literally have nothing else to do. this has become a cess-pool of worthless drivel.
You started it douche bag

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:13pm

well I speak from the experience of a former mod and know that you arent actually allowed to be an effective mod. that is against the rules. And im serious! perceptions only lasted as long s he did because he was utterly ineffective and therefore didnt attract attention.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - May 7th, 2012 at 8:16pm

adelcrow wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 9:16pm:
john_g wrote on May 5th, 2012 at 7:26pm:

I know what you are saying and I agree but it is still pretty tame here compared to the old Yahoo boards.

which were the way they were because of no moderation. same problem! if you want a GOOD forum with genuine debate there just has to be firm rules strongly implemented and enforced. We almost had this back to a place that was working fairly well and then mozza stepped in and ruined it and that was it... i quit in disgust.

I keep looking for a decent political debate site but it is hard to find and the trouble is, if you removed the clowns and fools from here, what are you left with? about 10 peopll. of course perhaps if you were clown-free you could get some actual serious debate going.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print