Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Latest Newspoll
Reply #30 - May 1st, 2012 at 1:09pm

buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:51am:
Guildford wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 8:17am:
Greens 11%......down .8% from 2010

I was expecting a bit more of a hit, in losing the charismatic Bob from the head of the table ?

I wasn't sure Christine Milne had that 'it' factor
Seems I was wrong

I'd be interested to see how the Federal LibNats are doing in Victoria, in light of THIS result ...

buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 11:13am:

Newspoll shows a marked increase in the Greens' primary vote since the 2010 election - up from 11.2 per cent to 17 per cent.

The Greens' vote climbed from 14 per cent to 17 per cent in the latest survey.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/state-politics/double-blow-as-b...

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 1st, 2012 at 1:16pm

buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 1:09pm:
buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:51am:

I was expecting a bit more of a hit, in losing the charismatic Bob from the head of the table ?

I wasn't sure Christine Milne had that 'it' factor
Seems I was wrong

I'd be interested to see how the Federal LibNats are doing in Victoria, in light of THIS result ...

buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 11:13am:

Newspoll shows a marked increase in the Greens' primary vote since the 2010 election - up from 11.2 per cent to 17 per cent.

The Greens' vote climbed from 14 per cent to 17 per cent in the latest survey.

I dont know why you think it matters. with the 2PP now 41/59 it is beyond meaningless. The only possible glimmer of hope is that Adam Bandt will retain his seat - possibly. But even if he does he will have zero say in a parliament where the Coalition will have as many as a 100 seat majority. The Green vote rise has been nothing more than labor voters leaving Bailieu but refusing to vote Labor.

But in a federal context the vote might cause Labor to gain 1 or 2 seats more than expected, up to as many as 30 seats compared to Abbots 120. Care factor: zero.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #32 - May 1st, 2012 at 2:18pm

borntorule wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 12:53pm:
muso wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:36am:
Tony Abbott is the best thing that's happening so far - for the ALP that is.

?que?  with the ALP being slaughtered on all counts, Abbott is the ALP's biggest enemy.

Because the only thing that is stopping a lot more people from transferring their allegiance to the Coalition is Tony Abbott.

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:01pm

Frances wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 2:18pm:
borntorule wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 12:53pm:
muso wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:36am:
Tony Abbott is the best thing that's happening so far - for the ALP that is.

?que?  with the ALP being slaughtered on all counts, Abbott is the ALP's biggest enemy.

Because the only thing that is stopping a lot more people from transferring their allegiance to the Coalition is Tony Abbott.

An interesting notion if absolutely unsupported by any actual facts. With the Abbott-led coalition now at a primary vote of 51% - the highest primary vote in decades - and leading the 2PP by 18% and in front in the preferred PM as well, who exactly do you think are still out there to go to Abbott?  The coalition already has all its own supporters and has dragged 1/3 of the former ALP voters to its side. They are running out of people who they can conceivably convert!

So who would you replace Abbott with? Turnball? The man that lead the Libs to a 16% DEFICIT and whose personal approval went to 17%?

I can see why you didnt try and support your claim. It is unsupportable.

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #34 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:08pm

progressiveslol wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 8:30am:

The poor darlings still can't grow from Labors woes

No wonder greens loser did not show the greens result. Greens are just a rusted on 10%er party. No real growth and no real decline, except for the fact that there is/was plenty of votes up for grabs so they should have grown if they were worth voting for that is.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2012/05/01/1226343/230116-aus-newspoll-010512...

If you had your finger on the pulse of things, you would of realised, 11pm, the night prior, only a portion of the poll is released.

And considering Greens are not in election mode, and we have just change leaders for the first time, it's all good. We don't premature eject like the regressives tend to do.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #35 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:10pm

The Greens have lost their one figurehead.

He's been replaced some sort of nothing woman.

Then with Communists like Rhiannon in the background, I expect this bunch of lunatics to head backwards at a rate of knots over the coming years.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:44pm

____ wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 3:08pm:

No wonder greens loser did not show the greens result. Greens are just a rusted on 10%er party. No real growth and no real decline, except for the fact that there is/was plenty of votes up for grabs so they should have grown if they were worth voting for that is.

http://resources.news.com.au/files/2012/05/01/1226343/230116-aus-newspoll-010512...

If you had your finger on the pulse of things, you would of realised, 11pm, the night prior, only a portion of the poll is released.

And considering Greens are not in election mode, and we have just change leaders for the first time, it's all good. We don't premature eject like the regressives tend to do.

Which might be a reasonable excuse if not for the fact that you have STILL not talked about the Green poll drop.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #37 - May 1st, 2012 at 3:52pm

borntorule wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 3:44pm:

Which might be a reasonable excuse if not for the fact that you have STILL not talked about the Green poll drop.

Why were you banned troll?????

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 1st, 2012 at 4:04pm

skippy. wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 3:52pm:

Why were you banned troll?????

Who said I was 'banned'. Has it not occured to you that people actually come in here to discuss politics and not listen to off-topic banter from dumb animals?

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #39 - May 1st, 2012 at 4:08pm

I'll PM the mods to bring you to their attention, no one just turns up out of the blue on a new forum and makes 63 posts in under 24 hours. We cant have banned members coming back with new socks can we sweet thing. That would defeat the purpose of them banning you to begin with. Grin Grin Grin

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - May 1st, 2012 at 4:38pm

skippy. wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 4:08pm:
I'll PM the mods to bring you to their attention, no one just turns up out of the blue on a new forum and makes 63 posts in under 24 hours. We cant have banned members coming back with new socks can we sweet thing. That would defeat the purpose of them banning you to begin with. Grin Grin Grin

63 posts a bit too much for you to understand? Certainly based on what Ive read of your posts, you dont seem to have much to contribute.

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 1st, 2012 at 5:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 12:08am:
____ wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:04pm:
ALP 27% -2
Liberal 51% +3
Greens
National
Independents

TPP 41/59

PPM Gillard 36 / Abbott 41

1st term pm. Whipped

Gillard is a dismal failure. Rudd lead Labor to victory with a majority government. Gillard knifed him and at the next election had to form a minority government, so bad was her performance. Now she is staring into the abyss with Labor one point off its lowest recorded polling. There is no turning things around now. EPIC FAIL!!!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #42 - May 1st, 2012 at 6:03pm

Why. Polls move around and leading now holds no prizes.

i.e Libs are leading yet are still in the wilderness.

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #43 - May 1st, 2012 at 6:22pm

PZ547 wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:11pm:
Don't you feel it's of more concern that wind-farms are responsible for climate change ?

Please tell me that you did read the article properly and you have realised that it was a witch hunt load of crap. The UK Telegraph? not reliable on such matters.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 1st, 2012 at 6:48pm

____ wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 6:03pm:

Why. Polls move around and leading now holds no prizes.

i.e Libs are leading yet are still in the wilderness.

I love the smell of Greens_Liquidated's desperation in the evening...  Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print