Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Latest Newspoll (Read 4064 times)
skippy.
Gold Member

Re: Latest Newspoll
Reply #15 - May 1st, 2012 at 8:31am

john_g wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:33pm:
Any source, Greens? Not that I don't believe you, I just couldn't find any results in google.

That is bad, worse than I expected. Labor really is at the point of no return, they need to dump Gillard, and they need to do it now. Neither party should have the majority that the Coalition is going to have.

Well said John, it would be bad for democracy, but even worse if phony Tony is PM. I don't believe Labors numbers could be any worse, Gillard needs to go,TODAY, she should resign.  If Rudd wants to stand he can, lets face it, all the polls say the voters like Rudd, he'd have to give Labor a mighty push from those numbers. I don't know why they like him though, I cant stand the man.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #16 - May 1st, 2012 at 8:43am

skippy. wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 8:31am:
I don't know why they like him though, I cant stand the man.

Feeling sorry for him I reckon. They didn't feel that way when he was PM.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #17 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:17am

john_g wrote on Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:33pm:
Any source, Greens? Not that I don't believe you, I just couldn't find any results in google.

That is bad, worse than I expected. Labor really is at the point of no return, they need to dump Gillard, and they need to do it now. Neither party should have the majority that the Coalition is going to have.

Well said John, it would be bad for democracy, but even worse if phony Tony is PM. I don't believe Labors numbers could be any worse, Gillard needs to go,TODAY, she should resign.  If Rudd wants to stand he can, lets face it, all the polls say the voters like Rudd, he'd have to give Labor a mighty push from those numbers. I don't know why they like him though, I cant stand the man.

I can only speak for myself.
I've been asked on the street of Sydney a year ago a straw poll for Nine and I gave him as my preferred Labor PM.

Reason:
He is PM material. Gillard isn't.

If you want my view on the other side of politics-
Abbott isn't PM material either and Turnbull is.

Gillard isn't - she seems unable to sell a bottle of water to an Ethiopian. She lacks empathy, she lacks conviction and she has sold her reputation down the river 'doing deals' with anyone to shore up a vote.

Abbott isn't - He attacks well but offers no alternative. I don't know what his policies are, I don't know where he stands. I know what Turnbull thinks on issues and I can see he has a vision of what he'd do as PM. I have no idea what Abbott offers.

There's my view on my preferred choices on either side.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #18 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:22am

Gist wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 8:43am:
I don't know why they like him though, I cant stand the man.

Feeling sorry for him I reckon. They didn't feel that way when he was PM.

Rudd was Preferred PM for every single day of his leadership with the General Public.

The Australian people I don't think take too well to the knifing of their elected PM.

I didn't like the guy, but I thought the way he was treated in 2010 was a disgrace.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #19 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:31am

Quote:
Gillard isn't - she seems unable to sell a bottle of water to an Ethiopian.

I agree,well put, she is the worst salesperson I've ever seen.
Quote:
Abbott isn't - He attacks well but offers no alternative

I agree again,Abbott is a great attack dog, but that's where his brilliance stops.

We really have to stop agreeing like this Andrei. You're starting to scare me lately,we seem to be agreeing on a lot of things. Grin

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #20 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:36am

Tony Abbott is the best thing that's happening so far - for the ALP that is.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #21 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:51am

Guildford wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 8:17am:
Greens 11%......down .8% from 2010

I was expecting a bit more of a hit, in losing the charismatic Bob from the head of the table ?

I wasn't sure Christine Milne had that 'it' factor
Seems I was wrong

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #22 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:51am

skippy. wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:31am:
Quote:
Gillard isn't - she seems unable to sell a bottle of water to an Ethiopian.

I agree,well put, she is the worst salesperson I've ever seen.
Quote:
Abbott isn't - He attacks well but offers no alternative

I agree again,Abbott is a great attack dog, but that's where his brilliance stops.

We really have to stop agreeing like this Andrei. You're starting to scare me lately,we seem to be agreeing on a lot of things. Grin

For the life of me though I don't understand why there is this chasm between her popularity in the Labor Party - which is obviously pretty good - and the popularity with the General public which is dire.

I can explain the General Public one, I just cannot understand why its so high in the party.

It has though now I think reached the point of no return with the public.
I know polls turn around and it will narrow no doubt between now and an election but she cant get numbers like this back.

It's handing a landslide to Abbott right now and thats not good.
Not because its Abbott but any massive majority for a Government is bad for a country.

QLD is a shocker but at least its one state.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #23 - May 1st, 2012 at 9:53am

Not to drift too much away from Australia but given my background, the worst thing that happened for Britain in the 1980s was the landslide won for Mrs Thatcher.

Mrs T was an awesome PM (many wouldn't agree with me) but the 4 years she ruled with literally no opposition (she had something like a majority of 180) was bad for the country.
There was no opposition.

Australia is looking like delivering that next election if Labor don't do something.
A budget where they make unpopular cuts to deliver a surplus makes matters worse.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - May 1st, 2012 at 10:17am

Gillard will hand Abbott the keys to the lodge, and he will have done nothing to deserve them. Congratulations labor, not only have you screwed us now, you will screw us into the future

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - May 1st, 2012 at 10:43am

Poor old defeated defunct decaying Miss Gillard can blame its pathetic failed attempt at pretending to be a "PM" on the menopause.

Sad really - it should have stayed out of sight as a devoted brown nosing ex-unionist delusional FABIAN failure.

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #26 - May 1st, 2012 at 11:56am

juliar wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 10:43am:
Poor old defeated defunct decaying Miss Gillard can blame its pathetic failed attempt at pretending to be a "PM" on the menopause.

And your excuse is...???

Glad to see your back on your meds though.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

Guildford
Gold Member

It's Only Me

SE Victoria
Reply #27 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:21pm

buzzanddidj wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:51am:

I was expecting a bit more of a hit, in losing the charismatic Bob from the head of the table ?

I wasn't sure Christine Milne had that 'it' factor
Seems I was wrong

I don't think the Greens have any swinging voters left in their number, however on the numbers that represents a drop of 6% which is not insignificant.

Drop Dead Gorgeous

IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:50pm

The poor darlings still can't grow from Labors woes

I did notice that Greens chose not to reveal the % his beloved party polled. So, in summary, the Greens lost more votes as did Labor.

IP Logged

borntorule

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - May 1st, 2012 at 12:53pm

muso wrote on May 1st, 2012 at 9:36am:
Tony Abbott is the best thing that's happening so far - for the ALP that is.

?que?  with the ALP being slaughtered on all counts, Abbott is the ALP's biggest enemy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print