Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
I Wonder When Will The Election Be Held. (Read 1484 times)
imcrookonit
Ex Member

I Wonder When Will The Election Be Held.
Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:07am

My guess is late 2013.  Is there anyone that thinks different?.  Then again though, it not due till then, is it?.   Smiley      

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: I Wonder When Will The Election Be Held.
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:08am

next election will be held when it is due ... not a day before, despite the liberalites calling for one every day of the week

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:12am

There were some that said it would be in 2011, but that wasn't so.  There are some that say 2012.  Although I don't think so.  Oh well, looks like 2013.   Smiley

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:14am

Johnsmith wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:08am:
next election will be held when it is due ... not a day before, despite the liberalites calling for one every day of the week

I was considering that if the Liberal party were to apply the standards for the calling of an election that they have used then we need permanent polling stations as we will be voting every other week.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #4 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:17am

October 2011, isn't it? It will DEFINITELY happen by October 2011. Hmm? Longloser? Lostweekend? October? 2011?

OH my goodness. Did you forget to carry the one? Maybe you meant 2012??  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

In answer to the OP, this government will run to full term. So I reckon sometime in the second half of 2013.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:38am

It will depend on if and when the Sussex Street Union Power Brokers decide to replace Miss Gillard.

The new PM (Stephen Smith ?) will probably call an election soon after his installation before his new gloss wears off.

If aging ailing failed Miss Gillard stays then the election will be as late as possible as Miss Gillard seems to believe redemption is just around the next bend but, unfortunately, Miss Gillard is travelling in a circle.

Hey Trolls, we are all waiting to see your learned responses !!!

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #6 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:41am

Quote:
My guess is late 2013.  Is there anyone that thinks different?.  Then again though, it not due till then, is it?.   Smiley      

October 2013

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:32am

With all the Slipper excitment I thought that Abbnott just about wet his pants this week, He seemed that sure there would be an election that he was thinking about pretending to make up a policy.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:36am

According to longliar the election will be next month, but he dogged it when I bet him 200 bucks it wouldn't be. But he has been saying it will be any day, FOR 18 MONTHS NOW.
My bet is August 2013.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:37am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:32am:
With all the Slipper excitment I thought that Abbnott just about wet his pants this week, He seemed that sure there would be an election that he was thinking about pretending to make up a policy.

oooooo shock horror..have you forgotten the repeal...ooooooo so soon...

lets talk about climate change...not that I think thats a bloody good reason for an election.. just wanted you to know its freaking freezing in ACT this morning..

what the hell has gillard done to turn it around?.. whatever it is its working....YIPPEE just a little too much though can gillard turn it down do you think??? or is that up... I have forgotten already..

JUST ASKING!!

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #10 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:37am

skippy. wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:36am:
According to longliar the election will be next month, but he dogged it when I bet him 200 bucks it wouldn't be. But he has been saying it will be any day, FOR 18 MONTHS NOW.
My bet is August 2012.

Skippy - you would admit though that Labor's chances of winning the election - whenever it is held - are about the same as me getting a call up for the England Euro 2012 team?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:46am

cods wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:37am:
Dnarever wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:32am:

lets talk about climate change...not that I think thats a bloody good reason for an election.. just wanted you to know its freaking freezing in ACT this morning..

what the hell has gillard done to turn it around?.. whatever it is its working....YIPPEE just a little too much though can gillard turn it down do you think??? or is that up... I have forgotten already..

JUST ASKING!!

There is a small difference between a policy and a Lie which can not be achieved.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:48am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:37am:
My bet is August 2012.

Skippy - you would admit though that Labor's chances of winning the election - whenever it is held - are about the same as me getting a call up for the England Euro 2012 team?

No, I woulds say if an election were held today Labor would lose. Who knows what will happen in 18 months time though, Labor were ahead this far out most times during Howards years,AND LOST. You rightards need to stop your premature electionating, it will make you go blind.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #13 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:48am

My bet is August 2012.

I didnt know you play tennis?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #14 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:50am

skippy. wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:48am:
My bet is August 2012.

No, I woulds say if an election were held today Laboruld lose. Who knows what will happen in 18 months time though, Labor were ahead this far out most times during Howards years,AND LOST. You rightards need to stop your premature electionating, it will make you go blind.

it will make you go blind

Politically too late already.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print