Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
If I wanted Australia to fail (Read 3485 times)
Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: If I wanted Australia to fail
Reply #60 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:13pm

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:01pm:
adelcrow wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 1:29pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 1:26pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 8:56am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:44am:
If I wanted Australia to fail I would align myself with America and give our biggest trading partner the flick.

Whether we are in boom times or crises we will align ourselves with what's white.

The country that shoots praying Buddhists in the back, runs tanks over protestors and is - according to Amnesty - holding thousands of political opponents in jail on no charge?

Glad to see you care a lot about human rights.

Whoever you choose to get into bed with, they will be bad guys. I'd rather go with the bad guy who is a  powerful and growing force, rather than the broke and crumbling version.

America's track record on human rights is appalling so that line of argument is redundant.

China's human rights can only improve, whilst America's are speedily regressing.

Neither China or the USA should be lecturing others on human rights.

but if you had to choose, who would you choose then? That perennial idiot pansi would choose China but while America has some problems (dont we all) their human rights record towers above pretty much everyone elses.

America's health care system is a sham, their education system is a sham. If you're black or Hispanic, forget about rights. They are losing civil liberties at record speed. They are turning on their own. Murder and rape rates are through the roof. They do have the death penalty in some states, whereas China have it in China.

ok, let's say China are modernising, America are rapidly approaching third world status.

I would have China over America any day. China will overcome it's repressive rule, whereas America is emerging into a repressive regime.

America is a crumbling has-been, finished but not quite ready to lie down. Even the smart Americans don't like America.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:23pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:13pm:
If I wanted Australia to fail I would align myself with America and give our biggest trading partner the flick.

Whether we are in boom times or crises we will align ourselves with what's white.

The country that shoots praying Buddhists in the back, runs tanks over protestors and is - according to Amnesty - holding thousands of political opponents in jail on no charge?

Whoever you choose to get into bed with, they will be bad guys. I'd rather go with the bad guy who is a  powerful and growing force, rather than the broke and crumbling version.

America's track record on human rights is appalling so that line of argument is redundant.

China's human rights can only improve, whilst America's are speedily regressing.

but if you had to choose, who would you choose then? That perennial idiot pansi would choose China but while America has some problems (dont we all) their human rights record towers above pretty much everyone elses.

America's health care system is a sham, their education system is a sham. If you're black or Hispanic, forget about rights. They are losing civil liberties at record speed. They are turning on their own. Murder and rape rates are through the roof. They do have the death penalty in some states, whereas China have it in China.

ok, let's say China are modernising, America are rapidly approaching third world status.

I would have China over America any day. China will overcome it's repressive rule, whereas America is emerging into a repressive regime.

America is a crumbling has-been, finished but not quite ready to lie down. Even the smart Americans don't like America.

you are a fool pansi, not that that is any news to anyone. if you think Chinas human rights are better than the USA then you do nothing more than declare to everyone who reads it that you are an idiot of truly epic proportions.  And pretty much no one would disagree expected perhaps vegy and DRAH. hardly inspiring company.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:54pm

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:23pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 4:13pm:

you are a fool pansi, not that that is any news to anyone. if you think Chinas human rights are better than the USA then you do nothing more than declare to everyone who reads it that you are an idiot of truly epic proportions.  And pretty much no one would disagree expected perhaps vegy and DRAH. hardly inspiring company.

You are a dullard who cannot comprehend the written word longweekend.

Please highlight where I said China's human rights are better than America's.

We all know they both have atrocious human rights records.

I said China has a chance to improve theirs, developing nation and all. America's human rights are deteriorating at a rapid rate.

See....one country bad human rights....improving

other country bad human rights.....deteriorating

Get someone at home to explain it to you if you're having trouble. They couldn't all be as thick as you surely.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #63 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:27pm

The good thing about China is if the neighbours dog is annoying you by barking all night you can pay a bribe to a policeman and he will gladly shoot it for you.
That's a system we need in this country  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:43pm

adelcrow wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:27pm:
The good thing about China is if the neighbours dog is annoying you by barking all night you can pay a bribe to a policeman and he will gladly shoot it for you.

Yeah and pay a little bit more and you've taken care of next weeks food bill.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #65 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:10pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:43pm:
adelcrow wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 5:27pm:

Yeah and pay a little bit more and you've taken care of next weeks food bill.

As long as its a well looked after pedigree its lip smacking good.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #66 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:15pm

At the end of the day the greenies are losers who cant even tie their own shoe laces, once we get rid of the dole they will either have to work or go somewhere else to whinge and sponge.

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #67 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:22pm

Prevailing wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:15pm:
At the end of the day the greenies are losers who cant even tie their own shoe laces, once we get rid of the dole they will either have to work or go somewhere else to whinge and sponge.

Sandals don't have laces so the jokes on you  Tongue

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:10pm

If I wanted Australia to fail, I guess, I wouldn't change a thing.
------------------------
No doubt Wayne Swan will reveal on Tuesday 8 May* that he has ‘delivered’ a Budget surplus in 2012-13.

Of course that is nonsense. The 2011-12 Final Budget Outcome won’t be released until the end of September 2012, and that for 2012-13 will be the end of September 2013.

As has been noted elsewhere, the Government will deploy many tricks to reach a modest forecast surplus in 2012-13, including bringing forward expenditure to 2011-12, claiming more money from cracking down on tax avoidance, etc.

But the real doozy is the continued off-budget accounting of the national broadband network.

There is no sensible case for this to be off-budget, since it is not viable without substantial government funding which means that it should be treated on budget as either a community service obligation or grant.

The money spent in 2012-13 by the Government on the NBN is just the same as money spent on any other aspect of the Budget and increases the Government’s borrowing requirements (even if hidden through a separate structure). In other words, Australian Government debt is higher because of the NBN than in its absence.

Tony Abbott, Joe Hockey and Andrew Robb should declare the intention to correct this egregious treatment in the budget. They should state that, if elected, a Coalition Government would treat NBN expenditure on budget as it should be.

That would blow Swan’s pseudo-surplus out of the water.

Wayne Swan has never delivered a budget surplus. He never will.

*  Yes, Bill Shorten, the Budget is traditionally tabled on the second Tuesday in May since it moved from August. Perhaps you got confused over the Budget and RBA meetings?
http://catallaxyfiles.com/2012/04/25/swans-budget/

IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #69 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:55pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:10pm:

The fact that you think this is so important only emphasises your ignorance.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 11:30pm

Uncle Meat wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:55pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:10pm:

The fact that you think this is so important only emphasises your ignorance.

Why would you think Swann is ignorant and if you don't, then does Swann not think it important to percieve that he is bringing in a surplus.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print