Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
If I wanted Australia to fail (Read 3481 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: If I wanted Australia to fail
Reply #15 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:01pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:44pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:31pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:21pm:
Kat wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 10:18pm:
Well said, Phil, and 100% correct.

Imagine if you could convince people it were true lol bit hard I would say. After all, you know the Australia people are stupid, pretty sure a labrat told us so.

I don't know about that.....If the ALP where not so gun shy and took Abbott on by having confidence in their policies they would wipe the floor with the blow hard.....The problem is they are trying so hard to appeal to everyone they end up appealing to nobody.....Labor should just accept the section of the public that are self serving and don't give a stuff about anyone but themselves will never vote for them and do what is best for the majority not the minority.....Let Abbott appeal to the elites and nanny lovers in society and watch him lose his appeal!!!

You forget a few inconvenient items in your 'wipe the floor with him'

Talking about the GFC and why is Australia in better shape than all the other countries

1. Because Australia went into debt.
No because all the other countries tried that, Australia followed.

2. Because labor are good managers of money.
lol, well we know the answer to that one

3. Because Australia, compared to the other countries, started out their bailouts with zero debt and money in the bank to boot.
Spot on.

If liberals were like labor and spent on top of the close to $100 billion debt labor left Howard, then we would have started the GFC with debts over $100 billion. Considering Howard was in for 8 years and if he spent like labor, we could have been anywhere from $110 billion in debt, to $150 or so billion.

Starting the GFC with $100 billion in debt would have been bad enough, so start with that, but remember it could have been worse with labor spend and waste.

So how would Australia be fairing then and tell us now why Australia is in such a good position.

People know that it is much easier to spend and waste than it is to pull your head in and save.

You have an uphill battle convincing the people that a government who spends, wastes and taxes, is better than a government who did the hard work and went through the scorn of having to save.

We all know that labor are (trying) riding on the coat tails of liberals and our hard work.

What a load of crap.....The Hawke / Keating Governments also started with debt left over from the Fraser / Howard years.....The also went through a recession and made the economic changes that Howard prospered from......The economy was already recovering when Howard tool office but it was Howard who wasted the boom by neglecting infrastructure and social spending in favor of pumping billions of dollars into the private sector and providing billions of dollars in election bribes that eroded the integrity of the budget.....When the ALP took office in 2007 they where confronted with another world wide recession that forced Labor to once again take the hard economic decisions and wear the fall in revenue.....What we know is the Coalition would have been in the same situation as Labor because the budget was in structural deficit due to the massive tax cuts and spending on wealthfare the Howard Government used to bribe the electorate and win elections.....The Coalition have never faced hard economic times apart from during the Fraser years and look how they stuffed that up!!!

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:07pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:01pm:

Imagine if you could convince people it were true lol bit hard I would say. After all, you know the Australia people are stupid, pretty sure a labrat told us so.

I don't know about that.....If the ALP where not so gun shy and took Abbott on by having confidence in their policies they would wipe the floor with the blow hard.....The problem is they are trying so hard to appeal to everyone they end up appealing to nobody.....Labor should just accept the section of the public that are self serving and don't give a stuff about anyone but themselves will never vote for them and do what is best for the majority not the minority.....Let Abbott appeal to the elites and nanny lovers in society and watch him lose his appeal!!!

Talking about the GFC and why is Australia in better shape than all the other countries

3. Because Australia, compared to the other countries, started out their bailouts with zero debt and money in the bank to boot.
Spot on.

If liberals were like labor and spent on top of the close to $100 billion debt labor left Howard, then we would have started the GFC with debts over $100 billion. Considering Howard was in for 8 years and if he spent like labor, we could have been anywhere from $110 billion in debt, to $150 or so billion.

Starting the GFC with $100 billion in debt would have been bad enough, so start with that, but remember it could have been worse with labor spend and waste.

So how would Australia be fairing then and tell us now why Australia is in such a good position.

People know that it is much easier to spend and waste than it is to pull your head in and save.

You have an uphill battle convincing the people that a government who spends, wastes and taxes, is better than a government who did the hard work and went through the scorn of having to save.

We all know that labor are (trying) riding on the coat tails of liberals and our hard work.

What a load of crap.....The Hawke / Keating Governments also started with debt left over from the Fraser / Howard years.....The also went through a recession and made the economic changes that Howard prospered from......The economy was already recovering when Howard tool office but it was Howard who wasted the boom by neglecting infrastructure and social spending in favor of pumping billions of dollars into the private sector and providing billions of dollars in election bribes that eroded the integrity of the budget.....When the ALP took office in 2007 they where confronted with another world wide recession that forced Labor to once again take the hard economic decisions and wear the fall in revenue.....What we know is the Coalition would have been in the same situation as Labor because the budget was in structural deficit due to the massive tax cuts and spending on wealthfare the Howard Government used to bribe the electorate and win elections.....The Coalition have never faced hard economic times apart from during the Fraser years and look how they stuffed that up!!!

Yeh good luck with that. You have a tough battle ahead.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:15pm

Your desperation is understandable - any port in a storm etc wave the arms around and scream dream time utterances - waffle on about imaginary achievements and ease the pain in your defeated minds by deluding yourselves with dreams of ecstatic idyllic fields of joy.

But just like someone falling to his death it won't make much difference when you hit the hard earth far below and so it shall come to pass that Labor has but 18 months to wreak despair and destruction on Australia before the wrath of the Australian public shall wrench them by their necks and cast them asunder into the fires of Hell whence they came.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #18 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:16pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:07pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:01pm:

Spot on.

Yeh good luck with that. You have a tough battle ahead.

Err.....I just rant on these threads and have no intention fighting Labor's battle for them.....I just like having an opinion that's all.....Anything said on these forums is just friendly banter that has no influence on public opinion.....As long as we can keep the debate civil I am happy to disagree with anyone!!!

Wink Wink Wink

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #19 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:23pm

juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:15pm:
Your desperation is understandable - any port in a storm etc wave the arms around and scream dream time utterances - waffle on about imaginary achievements and ease the pain in your defeated minds by deluding yourselves with dreams of ecstatic idyllic fields of joy.

But just like someone falling to his death it won't make much difference when you hit the hard earth far below and so it shall come to pass that Labor has but 18 months to wreak despair and destruction on Australia before the wrath of the Australian public shall wrench them by their necks and cast them asunder into the fires of Hell whence they came.

lol.....Well said.....Unfortunatly your rant is wasted on me because I do not believe in hell and only have an opinion like you....I will keep posting my opinion whilst you preach about hell fire and despair.....Just think how bad it will get when we have a religious nut job like Abbott as PM.....Keep the faith because you will need it!!!

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #20 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:30pm

juliar wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 11:15pm:

Sounds like you need to get back on the medication. Or off it.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 1:52am

Oh you're all way behind

The rot set in from the start, when Sydney Cove was a pup

So here's another to stimulate gall-production and tear a new hole in your guts

Approx. 24 hours ago I read a site out of the US - run by a collective who've amassed a ton of physical evidence (blood tests revealing numerous specific toxins - soil tests, same - water tests - same - airborne particles collected on sheets of glass during Chemtrail spraying, same - etc. plus countless video and photos of the Chem spraying) and who are lodging a class action against the US govt. in unison with similar groups from several nations who're doing same

So they were inviting people from say, Australia, to join them and share with and in the evidence, enjoy the support of a worldwide movement,  in order they can nail the Aussie govt. for identical crimes

During the discussions and comments emerged one from Australia by a guy who, back in the 60s and 70s, worked on RAAF planes.  He and others were tasked with fixing spray nozzles to Australian airforce planes

and the purpose ?

Well, according to this guy (who must be in his 60s by now at least) it was to spray defoliants on Victorian farmers' crops.  Mentioned in particular were pear and apple crops

He ended by saying this action forced Australia -- for the first time in living memory -- to import fruit from overseas suppliers

And once again we're reminded of the accusations levelled at Bob Brown and the Greens (but we could apply it across the board to every stinking Aussie politician) by Clive Palmer
re: the dedication of the CIA to protect and increase US market share at the expense of supposedly independent nations such as Australia

The ex-RAAF guy said that ever since, he's had to live with guilt and regret - but said he was 'young' at the time, didn't fully appreciate the ramifications and in any case was obeying orders

Australia, left to itself, wouldn't fail.  Like those healthy, top grade pears and apples, Australia has been systematically destroyed by overseas powers

and these days, you can't find those tins of Berri pear, apple, peach fruit juice which was so thick and pure you needed a wide straw to drink it.  Bastards.  Those fruit juices were my favourites.  And when I think of them, I remember what a great place Australia used to be - how safe, clean and optimistic it was

Incidentally, a couple of months ago, yet another Aussie producer had to plough prime orange trees into his ground because Coles and Woolies and their ever increasing monopolisation of Australian food supplies, preferred to import cheap orange extract from overseas

Australia is being forced to its knees while scum politicians in what is the defacto governance of this nation by ruthless overseas powers, grab whore media headlines that focus -- as always -- on the groin and money.  These two elements -- sex and money -- have proven worldwide to be headline grabbers, orchestrated for profit by the monopolistic whore media.  Because a majority of voters - either by inclination based in low IQ or simply through relentless dumbing-down -- enjoy being titillated by filthy lucre and other people's sex lives

And because of that - because of fascination with royal-tours in the Menzies era and because successive new generations of half-wits continue to keep their brain between their legs and find enjoyment in moronic 'talent' shows on tv & low-brow political scandals - Australia has been repeatedly raped and destroyed, it's cries unheard by a population addicted to screens

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:46am

Johnsmith wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
Depends on how you decide what is failure... Under Gillards leadership we are Number I in the world .. Howard NEVER got us that far up the ladder ...

It's because of the hard work done by Howard and Costello that Rudd and Gillard were gifted a strong economy. Without that, I suspect we'd have been receiving money from the IMF, not handing it out. If you think Gillard and Swan are competent managers of the economy, look no further than these simple facts:

- Howard left behind a massive $20bn plus surplus
- Said surplus has been turned into a debt of hundreds of billions of dollars
- Gillard and Swan continue to borrow at more than $100m a day with no end in sight and no plan to pay back this enormous debt.

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #23 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:32am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 6:46am:
[quote author=75607773664D7D7C77120 link=1335263430/2#2 date=1335267691]

- Gillard and Swan continue to borrow at more than $100m a day with no end in sight and no plan to pay back this enormous debt.

The surplus was anything but massive. In fact it was a smoke and mirrors event as the world had changed and the word billion now means what million used to. It was perception, the 20 billion was chicken feed when the GFC arrived and we saw 150 billion fall in tax receipts.

We were fortunate that Rudd had the guts to do what had to be done at the time considering the riddicule they had copped over debt for the last decade. It is easy to pay off the mortgage when you income is on the increase by hugh % every year. Try making the tough decisions when you loose your job and have to work at Macca's.

Even Costello recognised that his job was advantaged by the courages reforms of the former government who had no such advantage from it's previous treasurer one Mr Howard who left behind a budget that was an economic basket case.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Armchair_Politician
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:36am

nairbe wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:32am:

The surplus was anything but massive. In fact it was a smoke and mirrors event as the world had changed and the word billion now means what million used to. It was perception, the 20 billion was chicken feed when the GFC arrived and we saw 150 billion fall in tax receipts.

We were fortunate that Rudd had the guts to do what had to be done at the time considering the riddicule they had copped over debt for the last decade. It is easy to pay off the mortgage when you income is on the increase by hugh % every year. Try making the tough decisions when you loose your job and have to work at Macca's.

Even Costello recognised that his job was advantaged by the courages reforms of the former government who had no such advantage from it's previous treasurer one Mr Howard who left behind a budget that was an economic basket case.

It's still far more than Labor's last surplus. Oh, wait - they havent had one for years!

Scott Morrison DID wipe the floor with Bull Shitten!!! Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:44am

If I wanted Australia to fail I would align myself with America and give our biggest trading partner the flick.

Whether we are in boom times or crises we will align ourselves with what's white.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #26 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:47am

Armchair_Politician wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:36am:
nairbe wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:32am:

It's still far more than Labor's last surplus. Oh, wait - they havent had one for years!

You can do better than that lame ass response. You only show how shallow your understanding of the economic progression of this country over the past 30 years is.

Confucius

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #27 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:48am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Apr 25th, 2012 at 7:44am:
If I wanted Australia to fail I would align myself with America and give our biggest trading partner the flick.

Whether we are in boom times or crises we will align ourselves with what's white.

Geeze i would just vote for Abbott myself.

Confucius

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 8:07am

If I wanted Australia to fail

Australia is not failing in fact pretty much the opposite.

A vote for Tnoy Abbnott though would clearly be a step in that direction in many ways.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #29 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 8:34am

Johnsmith wrote on Apr 24th, 2012 at 9:41pm:
Depends on how you decide what is failure... Under Gillards leadership we are Number I in the world .. Howard NEVER got us that far up the ladder ...

It's because of the hard work done by Howard and Costello that Rudd and Gillard were gifted a strong economy. Without that, I suspect we'd have been receiving money from the IMF, not handing it out. If you think Gillard and Swan are competent managers of the economy, look no further than these simple facts:

Well at least it has stopped increasing - it was  $14 B when he left office.

The surplus was gone whoever was in power following the GFC. Most of the deficit is not due to increased spending but reduced income with the level of locked in spending.

This is where all the Howard tax cut bribes came home to roost. The Fiberals had left the economy structured to be dependant on an unrealistically high level of growth to just break even. As soon as the world economy got into any trouble we were structured to automatically go into the red.

Had the Howard government kept the income stream at a higher level and diverted money to projects like infrastructure while the times were good it would have just been a matter of diverting the money back when times got rough.

The lieb's behaved like the good times would roll on forever and structured our economy to be dependant on that position.

In a lot of ways we are now paying for that mistake.

The liebs surplus of $14B or a bit over 1% of GDP looks ok on the surface till much more that $14B of income went away  due to the GFC - almost 3% of GDP.

This shows that doing nothing the Aust economy would have gone from +1% to about -2% due to the GFC.

That is about a $28B deficit just based on the structured position. Less income but the bills stay the same.

All indications are that the Lieb’s stated policy solutions at the time would have only made it worse and ultimately led to greater debt.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print