Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Abbott - 6months after election, carbon tax dead (Read 7656 times)
skippy.
Gold Member

Re: Abbott - 6months after election, carbon tax dead
Reply #30 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:18pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:14pm:
skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:01pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 2:49pm:
Personally I would prefer no carbon tax at all.
Why?

Without a carbon tax -

1) There is no need to hand out compensation for people to pay it
2) There is no need to adjust the tax brackets
3) There is no additional excuse for people to face greater bills.

I'm sorry but you take away the tax, you take away the need to go through this merry-go-round of making sure people are ok.

I happen to think lifting the income threshold is good, it will particularly help low income earners, some will no longer have to pay tax at all. As I said, I cant wait to see Abbott explain to the punters why he is going to tax them  more. I can see it now, joe blogs walks into the voting booth,"daa who do I vote for, the person that just gave me a 12 and a half thousand dollar tax break, or phony Tony that is going to take that 12 and a half thousand dollar tax break off me?"
I can see a landslide for sure, Labors way, if they point out these facts to the punters.

der. He will explain it that he will tax them more because he will tax them less. lol only in labor policy, does the next government have to come up with a truthful statement like that.

How much are these poor going to be better off under labor and the carbon tax again. The number was that small I have purposely forgotten.

Not counting the cash handouts, the punters, including YOU, will not have to pay tax on an extra 12 and a half thousand bucks that you do now. As I said, I cant wait to see phony tony sell it to the punters that he is going to take that off them,priceless.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:24pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:18pm:
progressiveslol wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:14pm:
Why?

Without a carbon tax -

I'm sorry but you take away the tax, you take away the need to go through this merry-go-round of making sure people are ok.

I happen to think lifting the income threshold is good, it will particularly help low income earners, some will no longer have to pay tax at all. As I said, I cant wait to see Abbott explain to the punters why he is going to tax them  more. I can see it now, joe blogs walks into the voting booth,"daa who do I vote for, the person that just gave me a 12 and a half thousand dollar tax break, or phony Tony that is going to take that 12 and a half thousand dollar tax break off me?"
I can see a landslide for sure, Labors way, if they point out these facts to the punters.

der. He will explain it that he will tax them more because he will tax them less. lol only in labor policy, does the next government have to come up with a truthful statement like that.

How much are these poor going to be better off under labor and the carbon tax again. The number was that small I have purposely forgotten.

Not counting the cash handouts, the punters, including YOU, will not have to pay tax on an extra 12 and a half thousand bucks that you do now. As I said, I cant wait to see phony tony sell it to the punters that he is going to take that off them,priceless.

How many dollars skip

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:25pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:16pm:
skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:14pm:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:03pm:
Why?

Without a carbon tax -

Your drunk or stoned already @ 3.00PM in the arvo????

Well it is 3pm. Grin Grin Grin
I really do think things will turn around once the punters get some cash in their pockets and get to like that extra cash. As I said, I want to see phony tony sell taking it back off them, that will be priceless.

How much cash is that skip. How many dollars are they going to get excited about.

350 bucks a week, you no longer pay tax on.ATM its 115, so 235 bucks a week more than you do now that you dont pay tax on. didn't you go to school?

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #33 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:29pm

So, in other words, someone earning 350 bucks a week, no longer pays tax, any tax.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:30pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:25pm:
Why?

Without a carbon tax -

I really do think things will turn around once the punters get some cash in their pockets and get to like that extra cash. As I said, I want to see phony tony sell taking it back off them, that will be priceless.

How much cash is that skip. How many dollars are they going to get excited about.

350 bucks a week, you no longer pay tax on.ATM its 115, so 235 bucks a week more than you do now that you dont pay tax on. didn't you go to school?

Does a person on new start pay taxes. I would have assumed they would be $1 - $3 better off. Arent they the poor.

What you are talking about are the real consumers that are going to be paying alot more for consumption, so the money you suggest is going to be eaten up.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:34pm

You have just proved no idea. I tell you what,i'll take your tax cuts for you, numnut.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #36 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:41pm

Why?

Without a carbon tax -

Mate that is some good sh*t you are on.
Labor are going to be absolutely smashed at the polls.

I am not a fan of Gillard and I am a pretty vocal detractor of Tony Abbott too - I think both are ordinary - but dear God man, Labor don't have a cat's chance in hell now.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:42pm

Quote:
The tax cuts will be delivered through major structural reform that increases the tax free threshold from $6,000 to $18,200. This means up to one million people will no longer need to fill in a tax return. When combined with the low income tax offset (LITO), people will not pay net tax until their income exceeds $20,542.

So in fact people will not pay tax on the first 395 bucks a week. you only start paying tax AFTER that, so a low income earner on 600 bucks a week will only pay tax on 205 bucks a week,at a rate of 15% ,or 30 bucks a week, yea the poor will really want to give that up for phony tony,LOL.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #38 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:45pm

Hasn't Tone said he will keep the compo package even after repealing the tax??
Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere.

I cant wait until Tone gets in & his magic money pudding gives us all so much more welfare(except those filthy poor bludgers), it will be like Primary school Achievement Awards with cash instead of little cards.
Do you think we'll have to attend assemblies in our uniform to get them?
We'll have surpluses every year & best of all........

WE ALL WILL GET TAX CUTS, COMPANIES TOO.

OOOOOOOOWWWW, its just like a the gingerbread house in Hansel & Gretal sounds SOOOOOOOOOO YUMMY.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #39 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:45pm:
Hasn't Tone said he will keep the compo package even after repealing the tax??.

That massive $3 per year you mean?
Blow me, what will we all spend it on??

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

olde.sault
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm

____ wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 10:56am:
So reducing Australia into a rejector of local and global action on catastrophic human caused climate change.

Well done tony.

short term politics by a small politician.

Just get into your green head that emissions, especially Australia's, doesn't affect climates.

Less litters from avid breeders and better-planned infrastructure would combat this problem and don't blame Australians for the population explosion but the bludging ethnics who force their way into our country.

Most Australian couples are satisfied with just reproducing themselves - even two are hard to raise properly these days.

IP Logged

progressiveslol
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm

Tax goes both up and down to limit compensation to those who need it

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/tax-goes-both-up-and-down-to-limit-compen...
« Last Edit: Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:15pm by progressiveslol »  

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #42 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:13pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:00pm:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:45pm:
Hasn't Tone said he will keep the compo package even after repealing the tax??.

That massive $3 per year you mean?
Blow me, what will we all spend it on??

3 bucks for you & me big fella.
Those scummy bludgers on under 60K p/a get sh!tloads more.
It's not fair that we are so victimized for being so beautiful.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

olde.sault
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:15pm

progressiveslol wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:30pm:
skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:25pm:
Why?

Without a carbon tax -

Does a person on new start pay taxes. I would have assumed they would be $1 - $3 better off. Arent they the poor.

What you are talking about are the real consumers that are going to be paying alot more for consumption, so the money you suggest is going to be eaten up.

How many more will have to be employed  "unproductively" to charge this tax and then distribute compensation to the low income people?

Such employees would draw on the tax paid by the "real earners" for this country, the exporters of goods.

Have any of you leftards costed this as well as these Green schemes that have to be subsidised heavily by the tax payers?

No wonder the country is sinking in billion dollars of debt.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 4:20pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 23rd, 2012 at 2:20pm:
longwhine wrote-
Quote:
It is just legislation, cods. The 500 or so companies that will be charged the CT will no longer have to pay it. It is that simple. The other parts of the CT like the R/E finance authority will probably be disbanded as well since it was funded by the CT. the income tax scales will have to be altered but there wasnt that much in income tax compensation anyhow.

WOW, just wow, the tax free threshold is 6000 bucks and is being lifted to 18200 dollars,yet longwhine says "there wasn't that much in income tax compensation" only a partisan imbecile would write such crap. The move to lift the threshold to 18200 dollars could well create thousands of jobs alone, only a bloody moron would not understand that.

the threshold is effectively 16100 with the Low Income Tax Offest whioch is being removed. But since the marginal tax rates are being increased, this advantage will be mostly lost. the reduction in tax is small to nothing for almost everyone.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print