Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Islam: a pedophile's dream? (Read 31687 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: Islam: a pedophile's dream?
Reply #75 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 10:52pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 10:21pm:
Quote:
The list of dynastic marriages is rather long, Bobby, were they all Paedophiles as well?

Plugging a 9 year old is pedophilia.

Face facts.

Quote:
I found a comment made by a historian in a documentary on the subject of young girl/old man marriages amusing. She was discussing an 18th century Russian diplomat and nobleman who met a 15 year old Spanish girl in California and he proposed marriage. They couldn't get married without a papal dispensation and he had to complete his mission first, so, if everything worked out for them, they would be married in about three years (when she would be 18 and he would be in his mid-40's). The historian made some comment about the man being a pervert who liked young girls. I found this amusing because it's such a modern notion and wasn't at all the view of the people actually involved in the transaction.

We see a female 15 years old as a girl, and so a man in his 40's must be a pedophile. But in that day and age--and in the middle ages too--15 years old was considered an adult and she was of perfectly marriageable age. It would be like someone today saying that a man who is 40 should not marry a woman who is 23 (incidentally, the ages of my husband and myself when we started dating). No one considered my husband a pedophile because of our age difference, because I was an adult, legally and socially, with a college education and a job of my own; I was not a child. People in the middle ages (and 18th century California) did not consider a woman 15 years old to still be a child either. You have to be careful, when looking at the past (including the middle ages) that you do not apply your own social conventions to the time and judge based on that; girls were considered mature at a younger age in the middle ages, and it didn't have anything to do with a bunch of old men wanting their way with them.

[Source]

9 years old was considered a child, Bobby, no doubt about it BUT marriages were conducted for many reasons in the period we're discussing.

BTW, I heartily recommend that webpage, if you really want to try and understand medieval, particularly European attitudes towards children and childhood.

The reality is we don't know that Mohammed married Aisha for reasons of Paedophilia.  Such marriages were, as I've shown, quite commonplace even in Europe.   Therefore, to try and claim he was a Paedophile is wrong IMO.  You have no evidence as to what his motivations were or even if the story as to her age was accurate, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #76 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:10pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 10:52pm:
The reality is we don't know that Mohammed married Aisha for reasons of Paedophilia.  Such marriages were, as I've shown, quite commonplace even in Europe.   Therefore, to try and claim he was a Paedophile is wrong IMO.  You have no evidence as to what his motivations were or even if the story as to her age was accurate, Bobby.   Roll Eyes

We do not hold it up as God's final message to man for all eternity - diddle 9 year olds - 12 year olds -  as long as they have bled.

You horrible, dishonest apologist.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:12pm

Soren wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:10pm:

We do not hold it up as God's final message to man for all eternity - diddle 9 year olds - 12 year olds -  as long as they have bled.

Pedophile sympathisers will be exposed.
one such as I am

exposes the darkness without permission

or approval yes this work is not for the faint

hearted beloved ones ... and this is why and

from the energy in which I emanate in whom I am

as a humble servant in the divine

and sacred LIGHT as we continue

to monitor all thoughts word

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:27pm

Er, you do.

Your dear Virgin Mother was 12 when she was consumated by your Lutheran god.

There there.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #79 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:33pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:12pm:

one such as I am

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

That's enough fapping.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #80 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:27pm:

Er, you do.

There there.

You are making it up as you go.
Have another sh!t sandwich. Have three.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #81 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm

Soren wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:33pm:

one such as I am

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

That's enough fapping.

But I doth agreeth with thee.

namaste

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #82 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:38pm

Bobby. wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm:

one such as I am

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

That's enough fapping.

namaste

Yet you fapethy fapeth.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #83 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:43pm

Soren wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:38pm:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm:

one such as I am

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

That's enough fapping.

namaste

Yet you fapethy fapeth.

Admittedly - some words were borrowed from master Light.   Embarrassed

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #84 - Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:47pm

Tell him to stop fapping, then. He's setting a bad example to the likes of you......

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #85 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 12:02am

You really do have problems with being objective about Muslims and Islam, don't you, Soren?   Nope, no bigotry there at all.   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 12:22am

Soren wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:36pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 22nd, 2014 at 11:27pm:

Er, you do.

There there.

You are making it up as you go.
Have another sh!t sandwich. Have three.

Training to be a vicar, are we?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #87 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:31am

one such as I am

and deed ,and so it is

namaste

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #88 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:41am

For all those insisting that the past in a foreign country and we move on to more politically correct discussions, remember that child brides are still a massive problem in parts of the world, and in many of them Islam is the main barrier to change. It can even happen here in Australia.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

ian
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #89 - Nov 23rd, 2014 at 10:10am

freediver wrote on Nov 23rd, 2014 at 8:41am:
For all those insisting that the past in a foreign country and we move on to more politically correct discussions, remember that child brides are still a massive problem in parts of the world, and in many of them Islam is the main barrier to change. It can even happen here in Australia.
mainly Hindu India is the big offender for this type of thing yet they get a free pass. Child slavery too, free pass for India. Why is this?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17
Send Topic Print