Send Topic Print
Multiculturalism (Read 4036 times)
bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Re: Multiculturalism
Reply #15 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:22pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:20pm:
I personally hate racism in all forms but i think one of the best way to avoid race and cultural fighting is to not mix unsuitable cultures together.

Then there is not tension between them in the same place, if you understand me.

Why you complain when the nazis did it then?

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:22pm:
I personally hate racism in all forms but i think one of the best way to avoid race and cultural fighting is to not mix unsuitable cultures together.

I "complain" that the Nazis murdered 6 MILLION people.
That is my complaining there.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #17 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm

I was walking through The Rocks once, and an elderly woman leaning on her fence shouted out at me "Go back where you came from".  If i was feeling like an argument, I could have told her that I was Australian and therefore was already where I had come from, but I just kept on walking.  Sometimes I think about that and wonder where she actually thought I came from.....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:24pm

Frances wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm:
I was walking through The Rocks once, and an elderly woman leaning on her fence shouted out at me "Go back where you came from".  If i was feeling like an argument, I could have told her that I was Australian and therefore was already where I had come from, but I just kept on walking.  Sometimes I think about that and wonder where she actually thought I came from.....

what do you look like?
Was she aborigine and you were white person with blondes hair?

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #19 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:25pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:23pm:
bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:22pm:

I "complain" that the Nazis murdered 6 MILLION people.
That is my complaining there.

Yeah but to segregate you gotta kill a few bad apples, israel knows this quite well.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #20 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:26pm

An evolutionist like me would take a dump and start throwing it at her

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #21 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 2:24pm:

what do you look like?

No, she was a white Australian, presumably of Anglo-Saxon descent and, I would guess, in her mid eighties.  As for me, I'm tall, slim, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.  I can't think of anything about my appearance that would make anyone think I belong to any particular ethnic group although, for some reason, I do get mistaken for a tourist from time to time....

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

Quantum
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 7:22pm

____ wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:24pm:
About time every Australian learnt an Aboriginal languages.

Speak Aboriginal or Bugger Off !

How many Aboriginals today can speak one of their languages? Should those who cannot bugger off as well?

Although, maybe you are onto something. From now on speaking aboriginal should be a requirement for anyone claiming special government assistance because they are Aboriginal.

Aboriginal
: "I am proud of my culture and hurt by what you white fellas have done to me. Give me money!"
Centrelink
: "Can you speak an aboriginal language?"
Aboriginal
: "No"
Centrelink
: "Bugger off"   

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:27pm

Frances wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 4:10pm:

what do you look like?

No, she was a white Australian, presumably of Anglo-Saxon descent and, I would guess, in her mid eighties.  As for me, I'm tall, slim, with dark brown hair and dark brown eyes.  I can't think of anything about my appearance that would make anyone think I belong to any particular ethnic group although, for some reason, I do get mistaken for a tourist from time to time....

Mistaken for a tourist from where? Ireland or Mexico?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:31pm

Quantum wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 7:22pm:
____ wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 12:24pm:
About time every Australian learnt an Aboriginal languages.

Speak Aboriginal or Bugger Off !

How many Aboriginals today can speak one of their languages? Should those who cannot bugger off as well?

Although, maybe you are onto something. From now on speaking aboriginal should be a requirement for anyone claiming special government assistance because they are Aboriginal.

Aboriginal
: "I am proud of my culture and hurt by what you white fellas have done to me. Give me money!"
Centrelink
: "Can you speak an aboriginal language?"
Aboriginal
: "No"
Centrelink

Good one.

How about this:

Client
: "I am proud of my culture and hurt by what you have done to me. Give me money!"
Centrelink
: "Have you ever functioned productively in this society?"
Client
: "Er... no."
Centrelink

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:33pm

Soren wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:27pm:
Frances wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 4:10pm:

what do you look like?

Mistaken for a tourist from where? Ireland or Mexico?

(Because racist Soren hates Irish less than Mexicans)

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:40pm

One of my earliest memories is of sitting with my mother at a picnic table near the beach with my mother, and carload of drive past yelling at "bugger off you wogs"

Disturbing enough to be mistaken for a person from an ethnic minority and abused for it on one occasion. It must be awful for people who have to face that all the time because they actually are from an ethnic minority.

It is odd how some people seem to lack empathy for other people. You have to wonder what kind of parents they had that raised such jerks.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:13pm

falah wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:40pm:
It is odd how some people seem to lack empathy for other people. You have to wonder what kind of parents they had that raised such jerks.

Yeah, I am wondering just that about you, Mustafalah:

falah wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:33pm:
(Because racist Soren hates Irish less than Mexicans)

It takes a Turk, what?

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #28 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 9:48pm

falah wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 8:40pm:

One of my earliest memories is of sitting with my mother at a picnic table near the beach with my mother, and carload of drive past yelling at "bugger off you wogs"

Disturbing enough to be mistaken for a person from an ethnic minority and abused for it on one occasion. It must be awful for people who have to face that all the time because they actually are from an ethnic minority.

So?  Lots of dickheads, young punks, like to yell stuff at pedestrians or cyclists as they drive past. Stupid, I know, and you wonder if it really makes them feel tuff, but my point is that these dickheads just yell for the sake of yelling.  If you're visibly different, at least they have something to yell instead of just "blaaaaaahhh!!!"  Either way, it's just noise.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 10:44pm

Shurely shome mishtake, what?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print