Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Da Vinci was a muslim... (Read 31427 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Da Vinci was a muslim...
Reply #60 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:40pm

abu_rashid wrote on Apr 19th, 2012 at 11:01pm:
Greek knowledge only exists in the West by virtue of the fact Muslims preserved it. Otherwise it would've been completely lost. Same with Babylonian, Persian, Egyptian & most other ancient knowledge. The Christians had no use for it, they tried to eradicate it. Only when Europeans finally abandoned Christianity did they begin to learn of this knowledge from the Muslims, who preserved what little of it escaped the Christian clutches.

The truth of it, of course, is that the Muslims cut off the West from its Greco-Roman heritage when  they overrun the Eastern Roman Empire. The reality is that the Muslim rank with the Goths, the Huns and the other assorted barbarians who hastened the destruction of the civilisational inheritance from antiquity. They most certainly didn't 'pass on' anything.

Very recently we saw in Afghanistan, with the destruction of the giant Buddha statues, what the Muslim attitude is to any preceding non-Muslim civilisation.

The truth about the Islamic interest in Greek and Roman books and knowledge is that they were interested only in technical knowledge. You will not find any ancient poetry or political treatise or picaresque novel translated into Arabic during that supposed great Arab flowering. In any case, all the translations - all - were done by converts, Jews and Christians who learned Arabic.

The real recovery of antiquity occurred when the refugees from the East arrived in the West, following the final conquest of Byzantium in 1453, and brought with them books and knowledge. That marks the beginning of what we call the Renaissance, the western recovery of the civilisational heritage of antiquity.

Not coincidentally, it also marks the irreversible intellectual, artistic, political, economic and every other kind  decline of Islam. SO whatever they passed on to the west, they certainly did not make use of it themselves.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #61 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 6:03pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 5:22pm:
Frances wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 4:47pm:
Seeing as how he enjoys stories about abuse of children, here's another one for falah:

You don't seem too adverse to them yourself. But Opus Dei (or Frances or whatever your name is) you haven't adressed the incredible fact that
children were molested in every Catholic Church
in a country that bothered to do a full investigation.

Not one or two, but every church!

Would similar results be found in the Catholic churches of Australia?

These days though, one would hope that Catholics have woken up and realised that it is not safe to leave their children with men who belong to a cult that teaches them that they shouldn't be married.

Falah, do you think that the vow of celibacy causes the abuse?

The article you posted was about entire congregations over a long period of time. I put it to you that it would not even be possible to conduct that same process of information gathering in a Muslim congregation. Many Muslims, including Abu and probably yourself, still equate the low rate of reporting of sex crimes in Islamic communities with low rates of offence.

For example, does it make more sense that a legal and social system that permits old men to marry multiple prepubescent wives and requires these woman to wear tents and relies on the men's 'honour' not to rape them reduces the incidence of child sex abuse?

Or would it merely cover it up and institutionalise it?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:33pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 6:03pm:
Seeing as how he enjoys stories about abuse of children, here's another one for falah:

You don't seem too adverse to them yourself. But Opus Dei (or Frances or whatever your name is) you haven't adressed the incredible fact that

These days though, one would hope that Catholics have woken up and realised that it is not safe to leave their children with men who belong to a cult that teaches them that they shouldn't be married.

The article you posted was about entire congregations over a long period of time. I put it to you that it would not even be possible to conduct that same process of information gathering in a Muslim congregation. Many Muslims, including Abu and probably yourself, still equate the low rate of reporting of sex crimes in Islamic communities with low rates of offence.

For example, does it make more sense that a legal and social system that permits old men to marry multiple prepubescent wives and requires these woman to wear tents and relies on the men's 'honour' not to rape them reduces the incidence of child sex abuse?

Deceptive of you to bring that up.

I have already explained that in Islam, a man is not allowed to live with the bride as husband and wife, until they have both reached puberty.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #63 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:40pm

Puberty is during childhood.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #64 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:48pm

chimera wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:40pm:

Usually around 10 or 11, but it can be as early as 7 or 8, or as late as 13.

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:56pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:33pm:

I have already explained that in Islam, a man is not allowed to live with the bride as husband and wife, until they have both reached puberty.

How is it deceptive?

Are they allowed to live together? Or is it deceptive of me to describe it that way?

And can you give a straight answer to the question I posed?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #66 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:24pm

Frances wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:48pm:
chimera wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:40pm:

Usually around 10 or 11, but it can be as early as 7 or 8, or as late as 13.

Islam has declared the 7th century view of the world as the eternal view. It is now impossible for Islam to adjust to any, ANY,  change from that world view.

This is why Islam is utterly doomed - it is institutionally, by definition, backward and anachronistic. It cannot evolve, it cannot take in new information. It is the rallying point for all that has been left behind by the unfolding of the world. It's a joke. It is dying so it is a bloody joke.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:39pm

freediver wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 9:56pm:
falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 7:33pm:

How is it deceptive?

Are they allowed to live together? Or is it deceptive of me to describe it that way?

And can you give a straight answer to the question I posed?

I have never heard of any Muslim man living with a prepubesecent wife. I have met thousands of Muslims and have travelled through 6 Muslim countries, living for extended periods of time in 3 of them.

In fact, the youngest bride I have come across was 14 - and this was common age of marriage in the West not so long ago. Rocker Jerry Lee lewis married his 13 year-old cousin 54 years ago. Priscilla Presley's parents did not mind their 14 year-old daughter "dating" a much older Elvis.

It is strange how you seem to confuse marriage -as has been practiced by humans for thousand of years with priest-rape and priest buggery.
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:44pm by falah »  

IP Logged

Uncle Meat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Tasmania
Reply #68 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:44pm

falah wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:39pm:
In fact, the youngest bride I have come across was 14 ...[/b]

Yes, both Jerry Lee Lewis and Bill Wyman have cum across 14 year old brides.

I don't think they're Muslims.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:48pm

OK poor choice of words. I meant "encountered" not the definition that you perverts would conjure up.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #70 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 10:56pm

In fact, the youngest bride I have come across was 14 - and this was common age of marriage in the West not so long ago. Rocker Jerry Lee lewis married his 13 year-old cousin 54 years ago. Priscilla Presley's parents did not mind their 14 year-old daughter "dating" a much older Elvis.

Aside from a couple of instances you mention from backwoods America, how long ago is "not so long ago" and where "in the West" are you talking about?  When I researched my family a few years back, the youngest any of the female members of the family would have been at marriage, going as far back to the early 1800s, would have been 17 or 18.  I think there was one married at 16 when I got back to the 1700s.

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #71 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:29pm

It is strange how you seem to confuse marriage -as has been practiced by humans for thousand of years with priest-rape and priest buggery.

In the sick and twisted mind of freediver, and many Christians, the two are equivalent. They believe a normal healthy marriage between adults (ie. people who've attained puberty) to be just the same as their sick and twisted "relationships", involving priestly pedestry, incest, homosexuality, bestiality and the like.

After all, in the "freedom loving/worshipping" democratic secular ideology, such things are quite normal and should have no stigma attached to them... do what feels good.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #72 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 1:58am

abu_rashid wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
a normal healthy marriage between adults (ie. people who've attained puberty)

Attaining puberty in itself doesn't make you an adult.  I mentioned earlier in this page the age at which girls reach puberty.  Are you trying to justify paedophilia?

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #73 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 7:25am

It's wrong, Da Vinci was an Iraqi Kurd from Babylon.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #74 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 9:25am

Frances wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 1:58am:
abu_rashid wrote on Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:29pm:
a normal healthy marriage between adults (ie. people who've attained puberty)

Attaining puberty in itself doesn't make you an adult.  I mentioned earlier in this page the age at which girls reach puberty.  Are you trying to justify paedophilia?

When people attain puberty and become "raashid" (aware and able to lead others), then they are considered an adult in Islam. The West's concept of "adolescence" is nothing but a blight on society which leads to much of our ills. Having an intermediary stage between childhood and adulthood is not natural and it does not result in a healthy society.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Send Topic Print