Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
Islamic Afterlife (Read 7717 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Islamic Afterlife
Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:43am

The reward of the pious monotheists, by the grace of God Almighty, is to enter Paradise in the Afterlife, and be spared from the fires of Hell.

If a person departs this world having won the pleasure of God, then he will have the glad tidings of all that is good after that. When he enters Paradise he will have delights and pleasures such as no eye has seen, no ear has heard and it has not entered the mind of any man. He will have all that he wishes for in the best ways. Everything that he asks for will be granted, and everything that he longs for he will get. He will never find anything to upset or disturb him, because he is in the care of God, the Most Merciful, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask. An entertainment from (God), the Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[The Quran, Fussilat v. 31-32]

And their recompense shall be Paradise, and silken garments, because they were patient. Reclining therein on raised thrones, they will see there neither the excessive heat of the sun, nor the excessive bitter cold, and the shade thereof is close upon them, and the bunches of fruit thereof will hang low within their reach. And amongst them will be passed round vessels of silver and cups of crystal, crystal-clear, made of silver. They will determine the measure thereof according to their wishes. And they will be given to drink there a cup (of wine) mixed with ginger, (and) a spring there, called Salsabil. And round about them will servants of everlasting youth. If you see them, you would think them scattered pearls. And when you look there (in Paradise), you will see a delight (that cannot be imagined), and a great dominion. Their garments will be of fine green silk, and gold embroidery. They will be adorned with bracelets of silver, and their Lord will give them a pure drink. (And it will be said to them): "Verily, this is a reward for you, and your endeavour has been accepted."
[The Quran, Al-Insan v. 12-22]

"The description of Paradise which the Pious have been promised is that in it are rivers of water the taste and smell of which are not changed; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine delicious to those who drink; and rivers of clarified honey (clear and pure) therein for them is every kind of fruit; and forgiveness from their Lord.
[The Quran, Muhammed v. 15]

And those foremost (in monotheism and in performing righteous deeds in the life of this world) will be foremost (in Paradise). These will be those nearest to God, in the Gardens of delight (Paradise)... (They will be) on thrones woven with gold and precious stones, reclining thereon, face to face. They will be served by youthful servants, with cups, and jugs, and a glass from the flowing wine, wherefrom they will get neither any aching of the head, nor any intoxication. And fruit; that they may choose. And the flesh of fowls that they desire. And fair maidens (as wives for the pious) with wide, lovely eyes , like preserved pearls.  A reward for what (good) they used to do. No evil vain talk will they hear therein, nor any sinful speech (like gossip, backbiting, etc.), but only the saying of: "Peace!", "Peace!" (as a greeting)...(They will be) among thornless lote-trees Among vegetation with fruits piled one above another, In shade long-extended, by water flowing constantly, And fruit in plenty, Whose season is not limited, and their supply will not be cut off, And on couches or thrones, raised high. Verily, We have created them (maidens) of special creation. And made them virgins. Loving (their husbands only), equal in age.
[Al-Waqi'ah v. 10-37]

"Verily, the dwellers of the Paradise, that Day, will be busy in joyful things. They and their wives will be in pleasant shade, reclining on thrones. They will have therein fruits (of all kinds) and all that they ask for. (It will be said to them): "Peace!"(peace be on you), a Word from the Lord (God), Most Merciful."
[Yaa' Seen v.55-8]

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Re: Islamic Afterlife
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:45am

Do you ever doubt your faith, Falah?

Not having a go - genuinely curious.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:46am

Do you actually believe that? Spose its better than eternity in the clouds with boredom.

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 1:14pm

Quote:
Verily, We have created them (maidens) of special creation. And made them virgins. Loving (their husbands only), equal in age.

So what do women get?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:14pm

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 1:14pm:
Quote:
Verily, We have created them (maidens) of special creation. And made them virgins. Loving (their husbands only), equal in age.

So what do women get?

I don't know, but if it's 72 young male virgins I'm going to be pissed.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:18pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
Quote:

So what do women get?

Imagine how many preists would get sex changes and covert

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:30pm

I'll take a Bill Nighy (perhaps two) and a Johnny Depp.

With Snoop Dogg voice overs. 

Thanks.

IP Logged

Johnsmith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:39pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:18pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:14pm:
Quote:

So what do women get?

Imagine how many preists would get sex changes and covert

hahaha ... good one

When politicians offer you something for nothing, or something that sounds too good to be true, it's always worth taking a careful second look.
(Malcolm Turncoat)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:38pm

Apparently Islam is doing a great recruiting job in our jails.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:43pm

Quote:

So what do women get?

Concerning the reward of women. the wife of Prophet Muhammed (peace and blessings of God upon him), Umm Salamah, was recorded to have said: Quote:
I said: Quote:
O Apostle of God  . Why aren’t we (women) mentioned in the Quran in an equal footing with men?
Then; I was surprised to hear Him call one day from the pulpit: Quote:
O people.
As I was combing my hair at the moment, I wrapped it up and came close to the door and stood there listening to Him say: Quote:
God, Mighty and Sublime be He, revealed this (part of the Quran) to me:

Quote:
Verily, the Muslims, men and women, the believers men and women (who believe in Monotheism), the men and the women who are devout, the men and women who are truthful (in their speech and deeds), the men and the women who are patient and constant, the men and the women who are humble (before their Lord God), the men and the women who give charity, the men and the women who observe the fasting (the obligatory fasting during the month of Ramadan, and the optional fasting), the men and the women who guard their chastity (from illegal sexual acts) and the men and the women who remember God much with their hearts and tongues God has prepared for them forgiveness and a great reward (i.e. Paradise).
[Al-Ahzab, v.35]

[Musnad Ahmad]

It was narrated that Anas ibn Maalik said: “I heard the Apostle of God (peace and blessings of God be upon him) say:"...If a woman from among the people of Paradise were to look at the people of this Earth, she would light up all that is in between them and fill it with (pleasant) fragrance. The veil on her head (alone) is better than this world and all that is in it.’” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, no. 2587)

The men in Paradise will be given the strength of a hundred men in sexual function. It was narrated from Anas that the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him) said: “The believer in Paradise will be given such and such strength for sexual intercourse.” He was asked, “O Messenger of God, will he really be able to do that?” He said, “He will be given the strength of one hundred (men).”
[Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, no. 2459]

It was narrated from Zayd ibn Arqam that the Apostle of God (peace and blessings of God be upon him) said: “A man among the people of Paradise will be given the strength of a hundred men for eating, drinking, desire and sexual intercourse. A man among the Jews said, ‘The one who eats or drinks needs to excrete!’ The Apostle of God said to him: ‘The only excretion of any one of them will be in the form of sweat which comes out through his skin, then his stomach will reduce in size again.’”
[Narrated by Ahmad, no. 18509; al-Daarimi, no. 2704]

“Therein you shall have (all) that your inner‑selves desire, and therein you shall have (all) for which you ask. An entertainment from (God), the Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”
[The Quran, Fussilat v. 31-32]

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:46pm

So that's what the women get? Men with 100X the sexual desire, so that they can satisfy their wives as well as all the virgins they will get, in between eating and drinking like a pig?

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:50pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:30pm:

Thanks.

No barry white voice?

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:45am:

By the Grace of God Almighty, no. I have prayed to God to not let me die except as a Believing Muslim.

In the days when I first investigated Islam, Satan caused me to wonder whether Jesus was the son of God. But as I looked into the matter with an open heart, I became certain that God is One, and Jesus is only a prophet of God.

The Quran answers all my questions.

Quote:
Verily, the example of Jesus with God is the like the example of Adam. He (God) created him from dust, then said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
[The Quran, Aali-Imran, v.59]

Just because Jesus had a miracuous birth does not mean he is the son of God. The creation of Adam is more miraculous than the creation of Jesus. Adam had no mother, and no father, but Jesus had a mother. God can create a man with no father. Jesus like Adam has no father.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:13pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 6:50pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 5:30pm:

Thanks.

No barry white voice?

No, Snoop will do nicely thanks.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:36pm

falah wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 7:00pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Apr 14th, 2012 at 11:45am:

By the Grace of God Almighty, no. I have prayed to God to not let me die except as a Believing Muslim.

In the days when I first investigated Islam, Satan caused me to wonder whether Jesus was the son of God. But as I looked into the matter with an open heart, I became certain that God is One, and Jesus is only a prophet of God.

The Quran answers all my questions.

Quote:
Verily, the example of Jesus with God is the like the example of Adam. He (God) created him from dust, then said to him: "Be!" - and he was.
[The Quran, Aali-Imran, v.59]

Just because Jesus had a miracuous birth does not mean he is the son of God. The creation of Adam is more miraculous than the creation of Jesus. Adam had no mother, and no father, but Jesus had a mother. God can create a man with no father. Jesus like Adam has no father.

The scales have fallen from my eyes: you are smacking loony. Now I see!!!

Carry on.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print