Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
How whites took over America (Read 10227 times)
Gold Member

WA
Re: How whites took over America
Reply #15 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:29pm

bobbythefap1 wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:23pm:
... wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:21pm:
I was thinking about aqueducts and making sure you don't poo where you eat/drink, but I guess personal bathing could be a factor, but not that large a one. When you consider that abos were also decimated by disease and bathing isn't something you could attribute to them, it does seem more likely that a common theme - the lack of domesticable animals for human diseases to evolve from is probably the best reason why disease didn't push back against europeans.  Whitey wins because our animals are awesome. 

I guess you don’t know much about the recent history of England, specifically London.

Abos were decimated by disease because whites brought new disease that their immune system was not adapted too.

Thanks for the recap, but I've got it.  Wink

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 1:37pm

... wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 12:21pm:
I also tend to edit several times, I'm really just thinking out loud on this one.
I was thinking about aqueducts and making sure you don't poo where you eat/drink

Of course. Now we must colonise the world with our toilets. Have you seen what we're doing in places like India and Pakistan?

These people have been dining out on stools for generations, and we have to come in and show them how to do things, it's ridiculous.

Mind you, it does provide jobs for the caring professions and create much concern in our own society, so this can only be a good thing.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #17 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:36pm

Did you watch the video karnal?  You'll probably recognise some of the cliches and hackneyed phrases contained within.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #18 - Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:38pm

It's interesting that in any studies of ancient civilisations, wherever you find wealth, you find dramatic population increases, and probably the root causal factor is a written language. 

You just can't get too far without record keeping, and without a written language and a system, which depends on literacy and numeracy, the scale of trading is held back. Without a written language, it becomes almost impossible to be able to track what goes where, and to detect if something has been stolen.

It's hardly surprising that the ancient Germanic people attached magical properties to the runes.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:46pm by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 9:11am

... wrote on Apr 6th, 2012 at 11:15am:
Damn racists...

Good find.
I'll add that to favourites for future encounters with the humanitarian brigade.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Apr 13th, 2012 at 10:57pm

muso wrote on Apr 10th, 2012 at 3:38pm:
You just can't get too far without record keeping, and without a written language and a system

hey! that sounds like disrespectin' the traditional owners and paying bugger-all respect to their elders, past and present.

You've been reading Andrew Bolt's columns, reactionary white supremacist that you are Yes??? Don't deny it. It just makes it worse.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #21 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:05pm

You've never heard of the written Aztec language, I take it?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:49pm

muso wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 2:05pm:

Well, it's pretty limited and primitive. You'd really struggle to transcribe a Shakespeare sonnet into Aztec.
But it would b a breeze to transcribe any Aztec script into 16th century English.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #23 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 1:12am

Hey, don't call me 'blonde' WHITE.
I'm brunette Blue and light.
Not to similiar to Raven Grey and pale.
Or Ranga Red and fair.
Grin Tongue

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #24 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:24am

Soren wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:49pm:

Well, it's pretty limited and primitive. You'd really struggle to transcribe a Shakespeare sonnet into Aztec.
But it would b a breeze to transcribe any Aztec script into 16th century English.

I didn't realise that you were such an expert in Aztec culture, Soren. So that statement is based on your evaluation of the corpus of Nahuatl literature I take it?

Here was I thinking that the conquistadors destroyed all Aztec literature, but then, you never cease to amaze. 

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:21pm

The diseased white people found that their diseases were useful for killing off the clean native Americans.

The diseased white people introduced many diseases to America such as small pox:

In 1507 smallpox was introduced into the Caribbean island of Hispaniola and to the mainland in 1520, when Spanish settlers from Hispaniola arriving in Mexico brought smallpox with them. Smallpox devastated the native Amerindian population and was an important factor in the conquest of the Aztecs and the Incas by the Spaniards. Settlement of the east coast of North America in 1633 in Plymouth, Massachusetts was also accompanied by devastating outbreaks of smallpox among Native American populations, and subsequently among the native-born colonists. Some estimates indicate case fatality rates of 80–90% in Native American populations during smallpox epidemics

The British army at least once attempted to use smallpox as a weapon, when they gave contaminated blankets to the Lenape during Pontiac's War (1763–66). It is suspected, but not confirmed, that biological warfare was used against the Indians at other times as well.

Some historians have speculated the British deliberatlry introduced smallpox to the Aboriginal population of Australia. Some of the of the British soldiers sent with the First Fleet had served in Pontiac's War, in which smallpox was used as a weapon by British against native Americans.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #26 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:24pm

SO?

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:29pm

they lost, we won.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Apr 19th, 2012 at 1:36pm

Falah thinks sentimental reinterpretations of history make him a "good" person.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Apr 20th, 2012 at 11:42am

muso wrote on Apr 18th, 2012 at 11:24am:
Soren wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:49pm:

I didn't realise that you were such an expert in Aztec culture, Soren. So that statement is based on your evaluation of the corpus of Nahuatl literature I take it?

Here was I thinking that the conquistadors destroyed all Aztec literature, but then, you never cease to amaze. 

The Aztecs had no alphabet. They used pictograms. You couldn't render Shakespeare's sonnets in pictograms.
But you could easily render any pictogram in written and spoken Elizabethan English.

What part of any of this poses a difficulty to the scientistic mind?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print