Couple of years in jail will do    
  0 (0.0%)
Luxury Jails like Sweden    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: True Colours on: Aug 2nd, 2013 at 3:47pm »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
Does Islam permit rape? (Read 21919 times)
True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does Islam permit rape?
Reply #90 - Aug 2nd, 2013 at 3:47pm

freediver wrote on Aug 2nd, 2013 at 3:30pm:
Quote:
Yes Australia needs sharia.

So are soldiers should be allowed to take women home from Iraq and Afghanistan as sex slaves?

Australia has no business being in Iraq or Afghanistan in the first place.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #91 - Aug 2nd, 2013 at 3:50pm

I see. So our soldiers should be allowed to take women home 'wars you approve of' as sex slaves?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #92 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 8:06pm

True Colours wrote on Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:00pm:
The Arabic word for rape is 'ightisaab".

Is that the word that is used in all those verses you claim prohibit rape? Or any of them?

Quote:
So Islam says a wide does not have the right to deny her husband sex. So you translate that to mean that husband has the right to rape his wife. That is ridiculous.

No it isn't. Why do you think you are incapable of stating what the punishment is for raping your broad or sex slave? Why are you incapable of giving a single example from all of Islam's history of a Muslim being punished under Islamic law for raping his wife or sex slave? It's because Islam considers sex to be a man's right and a woman's responsibility. Consider for a moment how hard it is to get a rape conviction in the west. Now add onto this a culture that does not even recognise the need for the woman's consent and a preference for arranged marriage or sex slavery. What do you end up with? You end up with state endorsed, institutionalised rape with a moral loophole for Muslims to claim that it is forbidden, even though it actually isn't. At best Islam permits it, but wrings it's hands and says it's not very nice. At worst, it openly endorses it as part of the empire building process.

Quote:
It is like saying this: Australian laws says you don't have the right to murder someone. Therefore if someone murders your relative you have the right to take vigilante revenge action.

It is nothing like that at all.

Quote:
What does Islam actually say? Only that if a wife denies her husband sex, then she is making a sin.

In other words, it says nothing about rape. It does not even recognise rape as a crime. Do you really think that anything other than specifically endorsing rape counts as forbidding it?

Quote:
Just like if a husband denied his wife food he would be in the wrong.

No TC, that is not the same thing.

Quote:
Let's think about for a second. How on Earth does the wife refuse to have sex with her husband for the whole night if as you claim Islam permits marital rape.

By beating him with a frypan? Is this really the closest thing you can find to Islam outlawing rape?

Quote:
The word used is "tap"

No it isn't. We have been over this. Translating it as tap simply does not make sense, and the only argument given in favour of that translation is that it is 'linguistically possible' - so long as you completely ignore the context.

Quote:
Even this is just an opinion of a man and there is no verse in the Quran or hadeeth saying that a husband should beat a wife for refusing sex.

Nor is there a verse saying the opposite. There are however several hadiths endorsing wife beating and saying that a husband shall not be asked the reason why he beat his wife.

Quote:
On the contrary, the Quran and hadeeth emphasise kind treatment of women.

Sure they do. It also permits beating them. That is like emphasising not raping women, but permitting it. Or emphasising not stealing, but permitting it. Emphasising is not the same thing as forbidding.

Quote:
The word used in the Quran is 'bagaa' which means both sex outside of marriage and prostitution.

Islam considers sex slavery to be like marriage. I think it was you who just explained this. In other words, Islam does not forbid the raping of sex slaves. It only forbids forcing them into sexual acts that Islam already forbids.

Quote:
It also infers oppression which rape is certainly a type of.

Is that as close as you can get to Islam forbidding rape? Inferring that oppression is forbidden?

Quote:
eg. God does not hold the forced women as blameworthy.
How does your sick mind twist it round to somehow mean that rape is allowed?

It seems pretty obvious to me. The closest thing you can find to Islam outlawing the rape of sex slaves is a verse that forbids prostituting them out, but offers forgiveness for the woman and fails to even acknowledge the crime committed by the man. It's like the verse about the beaten wife that complains to Muhammed about it, then the Koran completely ignores the fact that she is beaten because there is some trivial issue that is more important. And because the Koran does not specifically state the man was not punished for beating his wife, Muslims insist this means he was.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #93 - Aug 7th, 2013 at 8:32pm

shockresist wrote on Aug 6th, 2013 at 10:24pm:
The act of rape itself is illegal in Islam.

Can you point to the relevant verse please? Is it the one that forbids prostituting out your sex slave, but offers forgiveness for the woman if it does happen? Is it the ones about wife beating? Perhaps the one where it says a man shall not be asked why he beat his wife? Is it the ones where it talks about a wife's duty to full her husband's/owners sexual needs? It is the ones that talk about a man's "rights" to have sex with the women he owns?

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #94 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 4:18pm

Waqidi was a devout Muslim who sincerely admired the prophet Muhammad. But he was also a historian and one of the best experts on early Islam. In his book Kitab Al Maghazi, he describes the following episode:

Bani Mustaliq was a branch of the tribe of Khuza’ah who were the neighbors of Quraysh, the tribe of the prophet Muhammad. They were a free Arab tribe, not Jews or Christians. In the sixth year of the migration, Muhammad, under the invented pretext that Bani Mustaliq wanted to besiege  Medina, took his gang of the Muhajirs (emigrants from Mecca who followed Muhammad to Medina; also called “Companions”) and the Ansar (those of the people of Medina who joined Muhammad and became Muslims), and attacked Bani Mustaliq by the Well of Marysi’. As a result of the “bloody battle,” ten men of Bani Mustaliq and one of the Companions were killed, gaining Muhammad a triumphant victory over the “idolatries.” Consequently, a large booty fell to the hands of the army of Islam, and the women of the enemy were an important part of that booty.

You may have supposed that Muhammad, described by Muslim scholars as ”the most merciful of all men,” immediately ordered his army to show mercy on them, but the truth is that he did not.

Muslim Conquests (Source: http://warfarehistorian.blogspot.com/2013/03/this-day-in-history-battle-of-badr-624.html)
Muslim Conquests (Source: http://warfarehistorian.blogspot.com/2013/03/this-day-in-history-battle-of-badr-624.html)

The troops composed of the first Muslim “saints” and “martyrs,” and commanded by Muhammad in person, started to rape 200 women whose husbands were not dead, and were in fact only a few feet from the site of the rapes. I repeat: 200 captured women of the tribe (expressly said to be free women and not slaves, “kara’im al ‘Arab”, Halabi ii 296) were raped by Muhammad’s men with his full consent! And what did “the most perfect of all men” do? He recommended to his men the means to prevent conception! To make the situation even more cynical, the Muslims, when they got bored of Bani Mustaliq women, made the husbands buy back their raped wives.

That was really a great idea! Such a wonderful method of raising funds for the “Sacred War” could come only to Muhammad’s clever head! First attack the free Arab tribe, then rape their women, then make the husbands pay ransom for letting their raped wives free, and on this money, organize the bandit raid on another Arab or Jewish tribe where the cycle will continue.

And so on ad infinitum.

FD do I have to post links to the articles I post or can I copy the muslims lead such as Gandy and TC(the individual who never answers a question).

This time only, unless told otherwise.

http://chersonandmolschky.com/2013/08/15/muslims-rape/

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

True Colours
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 4:36pm

Any proof of all of these rape claims or bs the way of the Islamophobe.

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #96 - Aug 18th, 2013 at 9:10pm

True Colours wrote on Aug 18th, 2013 at 4:36pm:
Any proof of all of these rape claims or bs the way of the Islamophobe.

Answer my question first as I am fully Islamonauseated at the moment so YOU the muslim put up or do as your wife tells you and piss off to that all encompassing lover of everything most tolerant of societies (even though it is one of the most RACIST) Saudi Arabia

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #97 - Aug 19th, 2013 at 8:47am

Adam, please include the links, for my benefit if not for Gandalf's.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print