Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
Muslims want 'freedom'? (Read 17921 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Muslims want 'freedom'?
Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:10pm

Is this merely another example of Muslims trying to redefine words (in this case, both 'Islam' and 'freedom') so that they can say they support human rights and freedom while meaning the exact opposite? Falah seems to have keenly taken on Abu's tradition of changing the meaning of words to suit whatever impression he is trying to give.

Or has Falah actually rejected Islam and acknowledged the universal aspiration to freedom?

Stay tuned.

falah wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 1:30pm:
Once again you are lying Freediver. I do not want slavery for humanity. I want them to have freedom.

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 3:26pm:
By legalising slavery? Doesn't Islam mean submission? Do you want Islam for humanity or freedom? Or is this another sneaky Muslim trick where you change the meaning of a word to make Islam seem slightly less evil?

falah wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 6:06pm:
The word Islam is derived from the Arabic word for peace. It implies that a person has made peace with God, by worshipping Him alone,  and not worshipping false gods.

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:03pm:
I was talking about what Islam means, not what another old Arabic word used to mean. Are you denying that Islam means submission?

Why is it that Muslims so often revert to talking about the history of language to avoid admitting what words actually mean?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: Muslims want 'freedom'?
Reply #1 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:14pm

Free diver you will learn how to understand Muslims one time, it takes me everyday all days talking to them on checkpoint at Hebron and is still puzzlement for me,,

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:19pm

Do they try to redefine Hebrew words for you so that they can say nice things about Islam in Hebrew without lying?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:20pm

Only an absolute git would interpret the word freedom to mean "absolute unqualified freedom in all respects".

fd I can't believe you're so half witted you actually want us to indulge you in a discussion revolving around the idea that if Muslims want to be free from oppression, slavery, torture etc. they therefore must want the exact same set of freedoms the West subscribe to involving sexuality, debauchery, substance abuse and the like.

Freedom is relative to what people want in their lives. Most normal decent people don't want all the crap you define as freedom in their lives, that doesn't mean they don't want freedom.

It is you who holds the skewed view of freedom.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #4 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:23pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:19pm:
Do they try to redefine Hebrew words for you so that they can say nice things about Islam in Hebrew without lying?

They never learns Hebrew but we learns their Arabic

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:26pm

Quote:
Only an absolute git would interpret the word freedom to mean "absolute unqualified freedom in all respects".

So how would you 'interpret' it Abu? Acknowledging the natural constraints on freedom is not the same as rejecting freedom the way Islam does. You trot out this 'absolute freedom' BS every time this topic comes up. I correct you every single time. Every single time you seem oblivious to the reality.

Quote:
fd I can't believe you're so half witted you actually want us to indulge you in a discussion revolving around the idea that if Muslims want to be free from oppression, slavery, torture etc.

If Muslims want to be free of Slavery why do they want to legalise it? Isn't the best way to get rid of slavery to ban it?

Quote:
It is you who holds the skewed view of freedom.

Again, can you describe what freedom means to you? For example, is stoning someone to death for rejecting Islam an expression of freedom of religion?

Or are you just going to waive your arms in the air and say you know what freedom is but can't define it, except to say it is not what other people say it is?

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:30pm

They stone to death 13 year old girl who say she was raped by men,,

Is a disgrace story to hear.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:35pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:23pm:

That must be hard for you. It is difficult enough trying to get a straight answer from a Muslim in English when we are both native speakers.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #8 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:39pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:35pm:

That must be hard for you. It is difficult enough trying to get a straight answer from a Muslim in English when we are both native speakers.

It is for security points, when aske the questions in Hebrew they does not answer to me,

So we do Arabic too but you know too they answer rude and no cooperate many times so slows process and makes the I d more difficult

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:41pm

Quote:
So we do Arabic too but you know too they answer rude and no cooperate many times so slows process and makes the I d more difficult

Do they then get angry at you because it takes so long to get through the checkpoint?

It takes me on average ten pages and a week or two to get a straight answer from Abu or Falah, so I can only imagine what it is like when they really get motivated.

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:53pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:41pm:
Quote:

Do they then get angry at you because it takes so long to get through the checkpoint?

It takes me on average ten pages and a week or two to get a straight answer from Abu or Falah, so I can only imagine what it is like when they really get motivated.

Yes every time, they do not says to us where they going, where they come from, who is car occupancies, why they is traveling etc

Then becomes angry why they hold back for searches of car

Crazy peoples

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #11 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:09pm

You're seriously not in touch with reality are you? The vast majority of Palestinians speak Hebrew, all of those living within the occupied territories do, and those in the West Bank usually know enough to speak fluently, whilst those in Gaza probably don't know so much, but can still understand basics, although less so nowadays that they've been locked up in a big open air concentration camp.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #12 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:13pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:09pm:

You're seriously not in touch with reality are you? The vast majority of Palestinians speak Hebrew, all of those living within the occupied territories do, and those in the West Bank usually know enough to speak fluently, whilst those in Gaza probably don't know so much, but can still understand basics, although less so nowadays that they've been locked up in a big open air concentration camp.

I am very reality touched,, i live this experience,,

i tell you 100% that most, big most majority, does not reply to us or answer when we speaks to them in Hebrew,

In Hebron, they never answers to us in Hebrew,, never.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #13 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:30pm

Avram Horowitz wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:13pm:
i tell you 100% that most, big most majority, does not reply to us or answer when we speaks to them in Hebrew,

Well I'm sure if you speak to a Palestinian living in "Tel Abib" they'll answer you in Hebrew, since most of them were schooled in Hebrew.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #14 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:32pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:30pm:
Avram Horowitz wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 8:13pm:

Well I'm sure if you speak to a Palestinian living in "Tel Abib" they'll answer you in Hebrew, since most of them were schooled in Hebrew.

i know and speak with muslims in Tel Aviv -- i was not speaking of these peoples.

I say about the checkpoints we occupys in Samaria where they too has been told to speak Hebrew as well as arabic and many does not speak to us in Hebrew,,

As i also say even in Arabic they causes problems and has very rude behavior.

I do not speak of the Israeli Arabs in Tel Aviv.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print