Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Does ISLAM encourage altruism in man, OR, (Read 6155 times)
falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does ISLAM encourage altruism in man, OR,
Reply #15 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 1:30pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:30am:
Did slavery increase or decrease under Islam while the empire was still growing?

Slavery has been a feature of nearly all civilisation until fairly recently, whether they be Muslim, Judais, Christian or pagan.

In the Roman Empire, 25% of the population was enlaved. Scholars estimate that in the Italian peninsular itself, the percentage was higher at a around 35%. In the city of Rome there were a staggering 400,000 slaves out of a population of about 1 million. During the Roman millenium 100 million people were captured or sold as slaves throughout the Mediterranean and its hinterlands

In Christian England, in 1086, the Domesday Book records that nearly 10% of the English population were slaves.

In 1452, Pope Nicholas V issued the papal bull Dum Diversas, granting the kings of Spain and Portugal the right to reduce any "Saracens (Muslims), pagans and any other "unbelievers"" to perpetual slavery, legitimizing the slave trade as a result of war.

Approximately 10–20% of the rural population of Carolingian Europe consisted of slaves.

In Russia, there were 23 million slaves as late as 1861.

By 1552 black African slaves made up 10 percent of the population of Lisbon.

The profits of the slave trade and of West Indian plantations amounted to 5% of the British economy at the time of the Industrial Revolution.

An estimated 12 million Africans arrived in the Americas from the 16th to the 19th centuries. Of these, an estimated 645,000 were brought to what is now the United States. The usual estimate is that about 15 per cent of slaves died during the voyage.

According to the 1860 U.S. census, 393,975 individuals, representing 8% of all US families, owned 3,950,528 slaves.

Why did it take foreign interference to finally rid the middle east of legalised slavery - something that Islam could not achieve in 1400 years?

You imply that somehow the West is virtuous and has abolished slavery. The fact is that there are more slaves today than at any other time in history; 27 million - many of whom are sex slaves being prostituted out in Western countries like Australia.

We have seen the way of the Europeans. Serbian Christians sytematically raping thousands of Muslim Bosnians. Russians gangraping 2 million German women at the end of WWII encouraged by Stalin. German Christians forcing Jewish women into sex slavery under the nazi regime. The Us has a histroy of slavery and sex slavery too. The US continues to rape prisoners of war at there concentration camps in Guantanamo, Abu Ghraib, Bagram and Kandahar. Today there sex-slaves in Australia prostituted out to mine workers in remote areas. Sex slavery of Aboriginal women existed in Australian too - I suggest you read the Drovers Boy to get an idea.

So don't try and be cute and pretend that the West has somehow abolished slavery.

Why is it that Muslims such as yourself still aspire for a world with legalised slavery, including legalised sex slavery?

Once again you are lying Freediver. I do not want slavery for humanity. I want them to have freedom.

"Sex slavery" as is understood in the modern use of the word is not allowed in islam.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 3:26pm

Falah, you seem have missed yet another opportunity to prove you are honest and give a straight answer. Did slavery increase or decrease under Islam while the empire was still growing?

Quote:
You imply that somehow the West is virtuous and has abolished slavery. The fact is that there are more slaves today than at any other time in history; 27 million - many of whom are sex slaves being prostituted out in Western countries like Australia.

We have forbidden it - something Islam never achieved. The Islamic empire had to be completely dismantled in order to outlaw it in the middle east. In fact you even try to argue that legalising slavery would not encourage it. I think you will find that most slaves are in Muslim dominated countries where it is difficult to completely abolish the practice for 'cultural' and historical reasons.

Quote:
Once again you are lying Freediver. I do not want slavery for humanity. I want them to have freedom.

By legalising slavery? Doesn't Islam mean submission? Do you want Islam for humanity or freedom? Or is this another sneaky Muslim trick where you change the meaning of a word to make Islam seem slightly less evil?

Quote:
"Sex slavery" as is understood in the modern use of the word is not allowed in islam.

Yet they are still sex slaves, aren't they? You just rape them to glorify God instead. Apparently this is done in a dignified manner.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 6:06pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 3:26pm:
Falah, you seem have missed yet another opportunity to prove you are honest and give a straight answer. Did slavery increase or decrease under Islam while the empire was still growing?

Quote:

We have forbidden it - something Islam never achieved.

The West has paid lip-service to banning it. Meanwhile slavery continues in the West.

Today there are 27 million slaves in the world; the highest amount in history. There are more slaves in Western countries than in the Middle East today.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/world/05/slavery/html/2.stm

I think you will find that most slaves are in Muslim dominated countries where it is difficult to completely abolish the practice for 'cultural' and historical reasons.

You think eh? It is a shame you don't spend more time reading books and newspapers rather than imagining how bad Muslims are.

World Slavery rates:

Middle East & North Africa:    260,000

Western countries:                360,000

Sub-Saharan Africa:               660,000

Latin America & Caribbean:  1,320,000

Asia & Pacific:                     12,300,000

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/hi/world/05/slavery/html/2.stm

Quote:

By legalising slavery? Doesn't Islam mean submission? Do you want Islam for humanity or freedom? Or is this another sneaky Muslim trick where you change the meaning of a word to make Islam seem slightly less evil?

The word Islam is derived from the Arabic word for peace. It implies that a person has made peace with God, by worshipping Him alone,  and not worshipping false gods. 

Quote:

Yet they are still sex slaves, aren't they? You just rape them to glorify God instead. Apparently this is done in a dignified manner.

Don't you ever tire of lying freediver?

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:03pm

Quote:
The West has paid lip-service to banning it. Meanwhile slavery continues in the West

The west has banned it. This is taken seriously here, unlike in the middle east. You cannot simply reject reality and replace it with your own version.

Quote:
Today there are 27 million slaves in the world; the highest amount in history.

There are also more people alive today than ever died beforehand. But the fact remains that islam permits slavery whereas the west outlaws it. Despite your claims that Islam 'discourages' slavery while also permitting it, it was only western interference in the middle east that finally lead to the abolition of slavery there.

Quote:
The word Islam is derived from the Arabic word for peace. It implies that a person has made peace with God, by worshipping Him alone,  and not worshipping false gods.

I was talking about what Islam means, not what another old Arabic word used to mean. Are you denying that Islam means submission?

Why is it that Muslims so often revert to talking about the history of language to avoid admitting what words actually mean?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:40pm

falah wrote on Jan 16th, 1970 at 8:00pm:
You imply that somehow the West is virtuous and has abolished slavery.

So don't try and be cute and pretend that the West has somehow abolished slavery.

Once again you are lying Freediver.

The west did abolish slavery in article 4 of the United Nations Universal Declaration of human rights.
Slavery violates your human rights.
The Saudis and Iran along with other Islamic countries did not sign the UDHR as they say it violates Islamic Law.
Article 4 of this unislamic document- slavery is abolished-
http://www.un.org/events/humanrights/2007/hrphotos/declaration%20_eng.pdf

I think you are telling fibs falah, sex slaves are allowed in Islam well for the men-
Quote:
Islam allows a man to have intercourse with his slave woman,whether he has a wife or wives or he is not married.

The wife has no right to object to her husband owning slaves or his having intercourse with them.

Islamic source- http://islamqa.com/en/ref/10382/slave%20girl

In the west slavery violates your human rights under article 4 of the UDHR.

As we see in 2012 Islamic websites say sex slaves are halal for men.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print