Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
The Punishment For Rape In Islam (Read 20695 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: The Punishment For Rape In Islam
Reply #15 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:44pm

falah wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:42pm:
Frances wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 5:31am:
And the UK has the House of Lords, the male members of which are called Lord whatever.....

And what do these so-called "lords" do? They are just like the rabbis, contradicting God's laws.

And are you God's policeman?

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 7:52pm

freediver wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:29pm:
Falah, if rape is considered such a horendous crime, why is the punishment for rape pretty much the same as the punishment for sex?

Would it be fair to say that Islam considers non-permitted sex to be a horrendous crime (with the worst possible punishment), and that the fact that it is non-consensual in rape cases is only considered a minor crime that only attracts an additional financial penalty?

That is, Islamic law is more concernced with stopping consensual sex than with rape?

You misunderstand. The punishment for illegal sex is the minimum punsihment for rape. They must be whipped or stoned.

Then there are other punishments which can be added on top for the rapist. Jailing can be added on top of the whipping for a rapist. The rapist could be jailed for life, as well as face a whipping.

If the rapist uses a weapon, he can be whipped, then afterwards executed, crucified or face double amputation as a bandit.

freediver wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 12:29pm:
Also, can you explain why the punishment for rape had to be arrived at indirectly by likening it to theft?

It is not likened to theft? It is likened to banditry/robbery which mean taking something with violence.

Kidnapping a woman ( or even a man) while using a weapon could also be punishable by execution, crucifion, double ampuatation.

However rape is comsidered the more serious of crimes so should be punished with the more serious of punishments.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #17 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:09pm

Falah, is stoning as a punishment for adultery mentioned in the Quran?

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:27pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:09pm:

Of course it isn't. .

Stoning is...  er ...  man made law.

Still, Muslim lawmakers know the mind of God because they are Muslims. Infidel lawmakers don't because they aren't.  Phew. Too easy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #19 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:40pm

Falah, can you confirm that the punishment for rape only applies in situations where consensual sex is also forbidden? That is, in situations where sex is permitted (husband-wife, owner-sex slave), rape is effectively defined out of existence by Islamic law so a rape conviction is not possible?

Quote:
You misunderstand. The punishment for illegal sex is the minimum punsihment for rape. They must be whipped or stoned.

Then there are other punishments which can be added on top for the rapist. Jailing can be added on top of the whipping for a rapist. The rapist could be jailed for life, as well as face a whipping.

I see, so being stoned to death is a minimum punishment? Is this where you explain that killing someone slowly and painfully is a mercy? Or do you mean something else by getting 'stoned'? No wonder I misunderstood.

Quote:
It is not likened to theft? It is likened to banditry/robbery which mean taking something with violence.

I think you missed the point Falah. It is not the violence aspect I am asking about, but the 'taking something' bit. This is especially troublesome for the situation of raping a slave, where you have to compensate the owner for the reduction in value of his property.

Quote:
However rape is comsidered the more serious of crimes so should be punished with the more serious of punishments.

By not stoning them to death?
« Last Edit: Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:48pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #20 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:06pm

Soren wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 8:27pm:

Of course it isn't. .

Right!

That's what I'm saying.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:15pm

But Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:06pm:

Of course it isn't. .

Right!

That's what I'm saying.

But frien galah is railing against western law as man-made. Having special, direct access to god's mind as a muslim, he cheekily pretends that muslim law ain't man made. He's that medieval.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:06pm

"And obey God and obey the Apostle (Muhammed) and be cautious; but if you turn back (against God), then know that the sole duty of the Apostle is the deliverance (of the message)"
[Quran, al-Maidah 5:92]

In Islam, the Quran is not the only source of revealation. Muslims follow the word of God (Quran), as well as the commandments of Prophet Muhammed (sunnah), God's peace & blessing be upon him.

“. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some tribulation befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [Quran an-Nur 24:63]

”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [an-Nisaa’ 4:65]

“. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:16pm

Soren wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:15pm:
But Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:06pm:

Of course it isn't. .

Right!

That's what I'm saying.

But frien galah is railing against western law as man-made. Having special, direct access to god's mind as a muslim, he cheekily pretends that muslim law ain't man made. He's that medieval.

Haven't the unbelievers considered if this was from other than God, they would find within it many contradictions?
[Quran 4:82]

If you are in doubt about it, bring a chapter like it.
[Quran 2:23]

Bring one chapter like it.
[Quran 10:38]

The Quran is a book of miracles. Know of any other book memorised entirely by millions of people?

More than 10 million people living today (mostly non-Arabs) have memorized the entire Quran in the Arabic language on earth today.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:32pm

falah wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:16pm:
The Quran is a book of miracles. Know of any other book memorised entirely by millions of people?

"The Thoughts of Chairman Mao"

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 3:06pm

The Cat in the Hat.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 5:07pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:32pm:

Not a very long book. People were forced by their government to read it. So how many people actually memorised the whole book off by heart?

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 5:09pm

freediver wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 3:06pm:
The Cat in the Hat.

Is that the book you live your life by? Would explain a lot I guess.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 5:43pm

falah wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 5:07pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:32pm:

So how many people actually memorised the whole book off by heart?

Probably millions...

But, yes, I know what you're getting at... It's the "Drink more booze... Millions of drunks can't be wrong" argument.

They've used that one with the Bible... "If it wasn't the word of god... Millions of people wouldn't read it"...

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #29 - Mar 10th, 2012 at 6:37pm

falah wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 1:06pm:

"And obey God and obey the Apostle (Muhammed) and be cautious; but if you turn back (against God), then know that the sole duty of the Apostle is the deliverance (of the message)"
[Quran, al-Maidah 5:92]

In Islam, the Quran is not the only source of revealation. Muslims follow the word of God (Quran), as well as the commandments of Prophet Muhammed (sunnah), God's peace & blessing be upon him.

“. . . And let those who oppose the Messenger’s commandment beware, lest some tribulation befall them or a painful torment be inflicted on them.” [Quran an-Nur 24:63]

”But no, by your Lord, they can have no Faith, until they make you [Muhammad] judge in all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” [an-Nisaa’ 4:65]

“. . . (And) if you differ in anything amongst yourselves, refer it to God and His Apostle . . .” [al-Nisaa’ 4:59]

Quote:
This day have I perfected for you your religion and completed My favor on you and chosen for you Islam as a religion. [5:3]

The Quran states the punishment for sexual intercourse outside of marriage in the Quran - lashes. Why isnt something as important as the death penalty mentioned in the Quran?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print