Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print
does Islam equate sex and rape? (Read 74643 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: does Islam equate sex and rape?
Reply #60 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 9:51am

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 9:25pm:
Yadda wrote on Mar 9th, 2012 at 11:42am:
himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?........"[/color][/i]

read it all....
Luke 10:25-37

Should I then just disregard it as you did with my statements about Islam's teachings about neighbours?

Very disingenuous Abu.

BECAUSE ACCORDING TO ISLAM ALLAH.....

Neighbors, are moslem neighbors.

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

And those that warrant mercy [kindness] from moslems, are ONLY those persons that enslave themselves, and submit themselves to ISLAM's authority over their lives.

"Allah forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for Allah loveth those who are just.
Allah only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong."
Koran 60.8, 9i
Basically, any stranger, is our 'neighbor'.

i.e.
Even complete strangers and 'unbelievers' are to be regarded as our 'neighbors' - according to God.

I think few Christians implement, or even believe this.

If they don't, it does not excuse me from not taking it 'on-board'.

[and yes, i have invited complete strangers, who i met [in the supermarket] in town, and had them stay overnight in my home. and they were not even Christians.]

Exodus 22:21
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him...

Yeh we know, like the Midianites, Amelekites etc.

Ah, you mean those people in the land that the God of Israel classed as criminals, BECAUSE OF THE THE WICKED THINGS THEY DID, and NOT because of who they were not ?

Leviticus 18:24
Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
25  And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomiteth out her inhabitants.
26  Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27  (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
28  That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

Leviticus 20:22
Ye shall therefore keep all my statutes, and all my judgments, and do them: that the land, whither I bring you to dwell therein, spue you not out.
23  And ye shall not walk in the manners of the nation, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I abhorred them.i

Abu,

Do moslems [in moslem majority nations] typically behave like 'Samaritans', towards poor NON-MOSLEM guests who are sojourning in their countries ?

Every single non-Muslim I've ever met who travelled through a Muslim country said they loved it, and the most talked about aspect is always the hospitality of the people. Interestingly I've met several non-Muslims (and people who are now Muslims, but were non-Muslims at the time) who travelled through the Middle East, visiting "Israel" also, and they all tell much the same story. Friendly, hospitable, welcoming Arabs, but arrogant, rude Jews.

Proof is in the pudding my friend, not in your empty words.

Exactly so.

« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2012 at 10:16am by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #61 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 10:13am

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:56pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 10th, 2012 at 10:18pm:
Like I said, it was a separate incident. There have been recent cases in the middle east where foreigners have reported a rape to local authorities only to get imprisoned for a different count of consensual sex.

Please provide an example, and ensure it is not someone who committed adultery, and then tried to use rape as a way of getting off.

Also are we talking about Islam here? Or what Middle Eastern countries implement in the post-Islamic era?

You regularly fail to stipulate which one it is, and then run off crying that nobody will answer your questions and we're all changing topic, just because you refuse to actually clarify what it is you're purporting to speak about.

e.g.
Queensland woman tells of her jail hell in UAE
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1301363758/3#3
Quote:

A 15 yr old boy, a French national, was raped in Dubai.
He and his mother tried to report the assault, as a male rape.
No can do, in Dubai.

Quote:

December 02, 2007
"MODERN" DUBAI SAYS MALE VICTIMS OF MALE RAPE ARE HOMOSEXUALS

The below horrific story of the kidnapping and violent rape of a young French man, a longtime resident of Dubai, is lengthy and concise so I will keep my comments to a minimum.

Aside from the crimes committed against this man what screams out from this article is both the refusal of Dubai to recognize homosexuality and to demonize it not only allows them to use it against a victim as in :

"They immediately reported the crime, going in person to the local police station. But Alex says the police doctor who examined him that night seemed intent on proving there was no rape, just a consensual sexual act between three men and a 15 year-old gay boy. "

but also as an Islamic means to inflict greater punishment on an innocent victim:

"Homosexuality is against the law in the UAE, where anyone found guilty of sodomy faces years in jail.... the French consul, was so worried a case was being built against Alex as an illegal homosexual he advised the boy and his mother to flee Dubai before he was arrested. "

http://theopinionator.typepad.com/my_weblog/2007/12/modern-dubai-sa.html

Google;
DUBAI SAYS MALE VICTIMS OF MALE RAPE ARE HOMOSEXUALS

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #62 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 10:18am

That seems to be a common theme in Muslim countries. Even Abu and Falah leapt to the same conclusion without knowing anything about the case.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:49am

Dubai is a British colonial state and does not operate according to islamic law. Its laws are mainly based on British laws:

Quote:
"It's no different than were we in America were a hundred years ago, right after or during the end of the Victorian era," said Hamden. "Even though we are seeing globalization, in the city that has defined globalization, were still seeing a value system that still looks like new Victorians."
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=3932740&page=3#.T1wCUXlYWSo

Quote:
The Dubai government denies that the doctor accused Alex of being gay or that he was ever at risk of being charged with homosexuality.

Dubai has charged the alleged perpetrators of the crime and they face a death penalty. So what is the issue?

Quote:
The two adult defendants, both of whom faced the death penalty, have denied all charges.

Sound like the Dubai government wants to help victims and do what they can to make things better for victims:

Quote:
"We will look into the system, we'll see if there was anything deficient. And if we believe that there is any room for…improvement in that system of course we'll do that."

The Dubai government actually did not charge the victim and even gave a guarantee that that the victim would not be prosecuted:

Quote:
Armed with the promise that he would not be prosecuted, Alex returned to Dubai to testify against his alleged attackers.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #64 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 12:04pm

Hereis another example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qatif_rape_case

The "Qatif Girl" Rape Case (Arabic: قضية اغتصاب فتاة القطيف‎) is a much-publicized gang-rape case. The victim was a teenage girl from Qatif (Eastern Province, Saudi Arabia), who, along with her male companion, was kidnapped and gang-raped by seven Saudi men in mid-2006. A Saudi Sharia court sentenced the perpetrators to varying sentences involving 80 to 1,000 lashes and imprisonment up to ten years for four of them. The court also sentenced the two victims to six months in prison and 90 lashes each for "being alone with a man who is not a relative" in a parked car. The appeals court doubled the victims' sentences in late 2007 as punishment for the heavy media coverage of the event in the international press regarding the treatment of women in the KSA and Saudi judicial practices. In December 2007 the Saudi King Abdullah issued an official pardon for the two victims, citing his ultimate authority to revise "discretionary" punishments in accordance with the public good, although the pardon did not reflect any lack of confidence in the Saudi justice system or in the fairness of the verdicts.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #65 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 12:09pm

Falah, is this a good summary of typical Islamic punishments:

Married rapist: death by stoning
Married adulterer: death by stoning

Unmarried rapist: whipping and a fine
Unmarried fornicator: whipping

Husband raping wife: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Husband having 'consensual' sex with wife: wife's duty

Owner raping a slave: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Owner having 'consensual' sex with a slave: likewise, no punishment

Is it fair to say that the only subsantial difference in Islam between sex and rape is that a rape victim is not punished but you can be stoned to dreath if it is consensual?
« Last Edit: Mar 11th, 2012 at 2:01pm by freediver »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #66 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 12:57pm

falah wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:49am:

Dubai is a British colonial state and does not operate according to islamic law. Its laws are mainly based on British laws:

Quote:
"It's no different than were we in America were a hundred years ago, right after or during the end of the Victorian era," said Hamden. "Even though we are seeing globalization, in the city that has defined globalization, were still seeing a value system that still looks like new Victorians."

Google;
dubai laws "are mainly based on British laws"

Google results;
"No results found for...... dubai laws "are mainly based on British laws". "

falah,

On what basis are you asserting that law in Dubai is mainly based on British laws ?

e.g.
Is it lawful for a Dubai woman, to marry a non-moslem, in Dubai ?

As a Christian, am i lawfully allowed to build a church in Dubai ?

As a Christian, am i lawfully allowed to OPENLY practice my faith in Dubai ?

As a Christian, am i lawfully allowed posses a Bible in Dubai, and if i wish, to distribute  Bibles to my friends, natives of Dubai,
.....YOU KNOW FALAH, COZ WE CHRISTIANS AND MOSLEMS, "ARE ALL PEOPLE OF THE BOOK" ?
/sarc off

British law extends these rights to 'aliens'.

Does Dubai law, which is "mainly based on British laws", do the same ???

falah wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 11:49am:

The Dubai government actually did not charge the victim and even gave a guarantee that that the victim would not be prosecuted:

Quote:
Armed with the promise that he would not be prosecuted, Alex returned to Dubai to testify against his alleged attackers.

How jolly decent of them, eh what?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #67 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 1:59pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 9:51am:
Very disingenuous Abu.

But I've already shown you where it mentions it is talking about neighbours of any faith.

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

Doesn't say anything about neighbours. These verses are referring to people who fight and attack the Muslims. Obviously such people are not extended neighbourly niceties.

It's quite telling that both you and "Avraham" are here trying to use the way Muslims deal with those who are waging war on them, as supposed examples of how unneighbourly they are.

Ah, you mean those people in the land that the God of Israel classed as criminals, BECAUSE OF THE THE WICKED THINGS THEY DID, and NOT because of who they were not ?

Right... and likewise the verses you mentioned above are referring to those who fought against the Muslims, and did wicked things. Are you so blind as to see it in one case and not the other?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #68 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 2:31pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 1:59pm:
Very disingenuous Abu.

But I've already shown you where it mentions it is talking about neighbours of any faith.

No,  ......that verse was only talking about dhimmis, those non-moslems who submit themselves to moslems and ISLAMIC law.

But even then, dhimmis, in moslem majority nations, are persistently and commonly persecuted - BECAUSE THEY ARE NON-MOSLEMS, and for no other reason.

Google;
persecution in muslim countries

And in their persecution of non-moslems, moslems are merely obeying Allah's own directive.

"......the curse of Allah is on those without Faith."
Koran 2.089

"....Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."
Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

Koran 9.123

Koran 48.29

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."
Koran 5.51

"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them."
Koran 3.28

"O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends.....offering them (your) love,..."
Koran 60.1

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #69 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 2:38pm

What about you Abu? Do you think this is correct?

freediver wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 12:09pm:
Falah, is this a good summary of typical Islamic punishments:

Married rapist: death by stoning
Married adulterer: death by stoning

Unmarried rapist: whipping and a fine
Unmarried fornicator: whipping

Husband raping wife: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Husband having 'consensual' sex with wife: wife's duty

Owner raping a slave: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Owner having 'consensual' sex with a slave: likewise, no punishment

Is it fair to say that the only subsantial difference in Islam between sex and rape is that a rape victim is not punished but you can be stoned to dreath if it is consensual?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #70 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm

fd, we've been over it before, I've told you my opinions. I will not bother banging my head against the wall again.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #71 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:02pm

I commend your effort FD. Smiley

Don't they sound like pollies??  Grin

Your questions, and the responses were verrrrrrrryy  innnntterrrressssting. Wink Thanks.

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #72 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 8:59pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm:
fd, we've been over it before, I've told you my opinions. I will not bother banging my head against the wall again.

Actually Abu, this whole equivalence of sex and rape thing is pretty new to me. You are right that we have been over some of the details before, and I hope I reproduced them correctly in that summary. But most of it is still pretty vague. I am especially intrigued by Falah's reference to a 'married rapist' as this appears to make the same distinction as is made for consensual sex. However for some reason he has gone all shy on me about it.

I do not think you have ever given me your opinion on whether Islam equates sex and rape. Going by the punishment, it is kind of hard to tell the difference isn't it?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #73 - Mar 11th, 2012 at 9:08pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm:

Not quite sure what the point is with all this prevarication, Abu... Of course a book written for the morality of the times it was written is going to include barbarian and draconian punishments on women... Given that they had no rights in the 7th century. Mohammed had no way of knowing what 21st century mores and morality would be... How could he? He wrote the book with his times in mind and for the people of that time.

It's not hard to name it, Abu... All it requires is intellectual honesty.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #74 - Mar 12th, 2012 at 9:48am

You asked the exact same questions in your various threads about "sex slaves". Go back and read them if you've forgotten.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21
Send Topic Print