Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print
does Islam equate sex and rape? (Read 74232 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: does Islam equate sex and rape?
Reply #15 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 9:47pm

Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler if you just explained what you meant?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #16 - Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:32pm

What I meant: If Yadda thinks capital punishment isn't oppressive if you're in a covenant with God, then he should realise Muslims consider themselves in a covenant with God.

Now you're turn, how on earth did you translate that into "Islamic law is temporary"...? I'm truly fascinated by how your mind "works" sometimes fd. I see you come up with questions, that I'd be astounded if even a small child asked them, since they just have absolutely no logical connection whatsoever with the thread content.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #17 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:00am

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 6th, 2012 at 5:38pm:

Ok so likewise we Muslims entered into a similar covenant.

Continue with your contradictory nonsense...

So, moslems have entered into a 'similar' covenant, with God ?

Presumably, a similar [but new, and very different] covenant to the covenant, which God made in the OT Bible, with the Hebrew people ?

And thereby, in their own covenant with God, moslems now also replace the Hebrews, as God's people, presumably ?

OK.

But Abu,

Moslems make the claim that Jesus was a prophet of God.

Jesus explained to the Jews, that they should love God, and their neighbours.....

Matthew 22:36
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38  This is the first and great commandment.
39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Abu,

How do moslems interpret Jesus words in Matthew 22:36-40 ?

Or was Jesus wrong ?

Or are Christians today mis-representing Jesus words to mean something that Jesus did not intend ?

e.g.
Do moslems claim that Jesus meant that moslems can only
'love thy neighbour as thyself'
, if thy neighbour is a moslem ???

Because we now know, that that idea of enmity towards 'unbelievers' who reject Allah, is clearly what Allah projects, throughout the Koran.

Doesn't he ?

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."
Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,..."
Koran 9.29

In the Koran, Allah confirms, that even Christians are now, his enemies.

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."
Koran 5.51

+++

Abu,

So, your position is that [post the early Christian era] moslems have entered into a[nother] covenant, with God,    .....to love God, and to love their moslem neighbours ?

But that warfare and enmity against unbelievers, in Allah's cause [i.e. to subjugate all men to Allah's worship], is sanctified, and required by Allah ?

Because Allah, requires in their covenant, that moslems must regard all non-moslems who resist moslem authority [because TRUE moslems are Allah's proxy upon earth], are enemies, of moslems, and Allah ?

n.b.
I like that idea too, that moslems take to themselves the right to interpret Allah's will, to the point of moslems becoming Allah's proxies on earth, to destroy those 'unbelievers', who resist the will of moslems [as proxies for Allah].

Dictionary;
proxy = = the authority to represent someone else, especially in voting.      a person authorized to act on behalf of another.

So, simply put, moslems in their covenant with Allah, must love Allah, and, all fellow moslems ?

But their covenant with Allah, requires that moslems must have hatred and enmity for those unbelievers, who resist Allah ?i+++
+++

Abu,

I would make another proposition, a very different proposition.

I would make the proposition that Jesus words were clear and unambiguous.....

Matthew 22:36
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38  This is the first and great commandment.
39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

And Abu,

If a moslem follow ISLAM's doctrines of hatred, towards their fellow man, then moslems are following a doctrine which is diametrically in opposition, to what God requires of us.

And i would i would argue that every good moslem, is;
1/ an oppressor of his fellow man, and,
2/ a hater God.

But that assumes that Jesus was accurate and true, when he said that the importance for us to love God, was much the same [in importance] as we loving our fellow man.

And those words of Jesus [above], about loving our fellow man, are in full alignment and agreement, with the doctrine of the OT covenant law of Moses.....

Once again;
THE GOD OF ISRAEL COMMANDED THE HEBREWS TO TREAT 'INFIDELS' ['unbelievers'] [i.e. ALL MEN, ALL MANKIND] WITH RESPECT AND WITH JUSTICE.

Exodus 12:49
One law shall be to him that is homeborn, and unto the stranger that sojourneth among you.

Exodus 22:21
Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him...

Exodus 23:9
Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger...

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

n.b.
.....and thou shalt love him as thyself

Deuteronomy 1:16
And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger:
for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Deuteronomy 24:17
Thou shalt not pervert the judgment of the stranger, nor of the fatherless; nor take a widow's raiment to pledge:
18  But thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee thence: therefore I command thee to do this thing.

Deuteronomy 27:19
Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger...

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:22am

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 6th, 2012 at 10:32pm:
What I meant: If Yadda thinks capital punishment isn't oppressive if you're in a covenant with God, then he should realise Muslims consider themselves in a covenant with God.

Well, i'm glad that you believe that Abu.

But i'm sad that you reject the logic [the wisdom] and righteousness of God, which was expressed by the man Jesus.

Matthew 7:12
Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

And that rather, like all moslems, you believe that enmity and warfare against those who do not believe as you believe, is the way to go.

And that you believe that such a path, is sanctified for men, from God the creator.

One of us is wrong Abu.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:42am

Yadda wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:00am:
But Abu,

Jesus explained to the Jews, that they should love God, and their neighbours.....

Right... and Islam teaches this too.

Abu Shuraih Al-Khuza`I, May Allah be pleased with him, reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be kind to his neighbor; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him either speak good or remain silent".

Abdullah Ibn Musawir narrated: "I heard Ibn Abbas mention Ibn Az-Zubair saying that he was a miser, then he said: I heard the messenger of Allah say: He is not a believer who eats his fill whilst his neighbor beside him goes hungry"

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 8:32am

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 6th, 2012 at 1:05pm:
Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 5th, 2012 at 10:10pm:
If the punishment for adulterers in Islam was stoning, it'd be in the Quran. Is it?

Is a punishment more severe than stoning even possible? Necklacing, perhaps?

There is a hadith about Aisha's pet goat eating the verses on stoning and suckling,yet muslims discard this hadith as weak because it proves the Quran has been corrupted.

What other reason do muslims give for this missing verse?

Bukhari said the verse was revealed and read so where is it?

If stoning is not in the Quran then why do muslims insist on doing it, is it because there are many hadeeth saying it is the done thing?

The Quran is incomplete despite it telling you it has been perfected in Sura 5/3.
They couldnt add verses to the Quran after it was completed 23 years after Mo died so they came up with the hadith, a few extra editions of Islamic text to explain all the stuff the Quran left out.

The Quran is not the only source of revealation. The prophet explained the Quran, and it is through the Prophet that we understand the Quran.

We have the word of God; the Quran, and we have the word of the prophet; hadeeth(may God's peace & blessing be upun the prophet)

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #21 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:41pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 5:42am:
But Abu,

Abu Shuraih Al-Khuza`I, May Allah be pleased with him, reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "He who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him be kind to his neighbor; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him show hospitality to his guest; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day, let him either speak good or remain silent".

Abdullah Ibn Musawir narrated: "I heard Ibn Abbas mention Ibn Az-Zubair saying that he was a miser, then he said: I heard the messenger of Allah say: He is not a believer who eats his fill whilst his neighbor beside him goes hungry"

Abu,

I have no argument with teh sentiment expressed in those ISLAMIC passages.

And imo, those ISLAMIC passages do express a commendable attitude towards neighbours.

THOUGH THE TERM 'NEIGHBOUR' IS NOWHERE DEFINED IN THOSE PASSAGES.

But i will ask,   .....who are defined, as the 'neighbours' of moslems, Abu ???

Who are the people that moslems may be kind towards, Abu ???

Abu,

Isn't is true, that Allah himself commands moslems, that moslems must NOT be kind to unbelievers....

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

And so, we come to an understanding.

That moslems are commanded to be kind to their 'neighbours'.

e.g.
Moslems are urged to be
"merciful among themselves"

And at the very same time, Allah commands moslems to be,
'hard against the disbelievers'

My argument is with your arguments and obfuscations Abu.

Clearly ISLAM sanctifies, and legitimises, a full-blown enmity and hatred, which ISLAM, and Allah, express and encourage, towards non-moslems [non-moslems who may be in every way, otherwise peaceable and faultless people].

And ISLAM mandates [obligates] moslem enmity and warfare against all non-moslems, who reject moslem authority, over their lives.

Abu,

Earlier [in another post, #9], you spoke about a 'new' covenant which moslems consider that they have, with Allah.

And here below, Mohammed verbalises the nature of that 'covenant' with Allah, ....which moslems have chosen to embrace....

"Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' ...."
hadithsunnah/bukhari #004.052.196

And here below, are more words [from Allah] in the Koran, describing the nature of your covenant with Allah......

"....Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98

Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,..."
Koran 9.29

Koran 5.51

There must be no moslem friendship, with unbelievers.

Q.
That is what Allah's covenant with moslems requires, isn't it Abu ?

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Mar 7th, 2012 at 4:44pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 3:41pm:
But Abu,

Abu,

And imo, those ISLAMIC passages do express a commendable attitude towards neighbours.

Abu,

Isn't is true, that Allah himself commands moslems, that moslems must NOT be kind to unbelievers....

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

e.g.
Moslems are urged to be

Clearly ISLAM sanctifies, and legitimises, a full-blown enmity and hatred, which ISLAM, and Allah, express and encourage, towards non-moslems [non-moslems who may be in every way, otherwise peaceable and faultless people].

And ISLAM mandates [obligates] moslem enmity and warfare against all non-moslems, who reject moslem authority, over their lives.

Abu,

Earlier [in another post, #9], you spoke about a 'new' covenant which moslems consider that they have, with Allah.

And here below, Mohammed verbalises the nature of that 'covenant' with Allah, ....which moslems have chosen to embrace....

"Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' ...."

And here below, are more words [from Allah] in the Koran, describing the nature of your covenant with Allah......

Koran 2.98

Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

Koran 9.123

Koran 9.29

Koran 5.51

Q.

Yadda don't you ever get sick of lying? Prophet Muhammed (may God's peace & blessings be upon him) employed a Jewish servant boy, who became sick one day. According to your lies the prophet should have said domething like "Good, the Jew is sick!" This is not what the prophet did. What he did do is go and visit the sick Jewish boy:

Thaabit from Anas said: “There was a Jewish boy who used to serve the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him). He fell sick, and the Prophet came to visit him. He sat at his head and said to him, ‘Embrace Islam.’ (The boy) looked towards his father, who was with him. (His father) said, ‘Obey Abu’l-Qasim (patronymic nickname of Prophet Muhammed).’ So he embraced Islam, and the Prophet went out saying, ‘Praise be to God Who has saved him from the Fire.’”   
(Bukhari) [/quote]

Prophet Muhammed visited his dying pagan uncle:

Quote:
Ibn Shihaab who said: Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib told me that his father told him, when Abu Taalib was on his deathbed, the Apostle of God (peace and blessings of God be upon him) came to him and found (the pagans) Abu Jahl ibn Hishaam and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah ibn al-Mugheerah with him. The Apostle of God said: “O my uncle, say "None has the right to be worshipped except God!", a word for which I will bear witness for you before God.” Abu Jahl and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah said, “O Abu Taalib, are you turning away from the religion of (your father) Abd al-Muttalib?” The Apostle of God  kept urging him to embrace Islam and they kept repeating the same thing to him, until the last thing that Abu Taalib said to them was, “On the path of (my father) ‘Abd al-Muttalib”, and he refused to say "None has the right to be worshipped except God!". The Apostle of God said: “I shall certainly keep asking God to forgive you until I am told not to do that.”

Then God revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning of the Quran):

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask God’s forgiveness for the polytheists, even though they be of kin…”
(Bukhari, Muslim, et al.)

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #23 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 2:41pm

falah wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 4:44pm:
But Abu,

Abu,

Abu,

Koran 48.29

e.g.
Moslems are urged to be

Abu,

Koran 2.98

Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

Koran 9.123

Koran 9.29

Koran 5.51

Q.

Yadda don't you ever get sick of lying?

Lying falah ???

Yadda said.....

Quote:

falah,

Who is lying ?

Are you claiming that the declarations by Allah, in the Koran [which state that moslems must not be friends with Allah's enemies], are false ?

Am i somehow 'misrepresenting' Allah's words, in the Koran falah ?

Dictionary;
misrepresent = = give a false or misleading account of.

falah,

Who was Allah refering to ????.....

"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them."
Koran 3.28

"O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering them (your) love,..."
Koran 60.1

falah,

Who are the enemies, which Allah refers to [in Koran 60.1] ???

falah,

Doesn't Allah tell us, himself, who his enemies are [....see next Koran verse] ???

Koran 2.98

All 'unbelievers' who reject ISLAM, are Allah's enemies.

Isn't that true falah ???

Who is the liar falah ?

falah,

If you are going to claim that i am lying about what Allah says, then please point out, how i am lying.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #24 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:07pm

Quote:
Yadda don't you ever get sick of lying? Prophet Muhammed (may God's peace & blessings be upon him) employed a Jewish servant boy, who became sick one day. According to your lies the prophet should have said domething like "Good, the Jew is sick!" This is not what the prophet did. What he did do is go and visit the sick Jewish boy:

Thaabit from Anas said: “There was a Jewish boy who used to serve the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him). He fell sick, and the Prophet came to visit him. He sat at his head and said to him, ‘Embrace Islam.’ (The boy) looked towards his father, who was with him. (His father) said, ‘Obey Abu’l-Qasim (patronymic nickname of Prophet Muhammed).’ So he embraced Islam, and the Prophet went out saying, ‘Praise be to God Who has saved him from the Fire.’”   
(Bukhari)

Prophet Muhammed visited his dying pagan uncle:

Quote:
Ibn Shihaab who said: Sa’eed ibn al-Musayyib told me that his father told him, when Abu Taalib was on his deathbed, the Apostle of God (peace and blessings of God be upon him) came to him and found (the pagans) Abu Jahl ibn Hishaam and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah ibn al-Mugheerah with him. The Apostle of God said: “O my uncle, say "None has the right to be worshipped except God!", a word for which I will bear witness for you before God.” Abu Jahl and Abdullah ibn Abi Umayyah said, “O Abu Taalib, are you turning away from the religion of (your father) Abd al-Muttalib?” The Apostle of God  kept urging him to embrace Islam and they kept repeating the same thing to him, until the last thing that Abu Taalib said to them was, “On the path of (my father) ‘Abd al-Muttalib”, and he refused to say "None has the right to be worshipped except God!". The Apostle of God said: “I shall certainly keep asking God to forgive you until I am told not to do that.”

Then God revealed the words (interpretation of the meaning of the Quran):

“It is not (proper) for the Prophet and those who believe to ask God’s forgiveness for the polytheists, even though they be of kin…”
(Bukhari, Muslim, et al.)

LOL

falah,

These supposed [unverifiable] accounts of Mohammed's supposed benevolence towards infidels [these infidels being Allah's ENEMIES !! ], merely show Mohammed as a person who was willing to flagrantly disobey Allah's commands, relating to the treatment of 'unbelievers'.

"......the curse of Allah is on those without Faith."
Koran 2.089

Koran 2.98

Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

Koran 9.123

Koran 48.29

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

Koran 5.51

"Let not the believers take for friends or helpers unbelievers rather than believers. If any do that, in nothing will there be help from Allah; except by way of precaution, that ye may guard yourselves from them."
Koran 3.28

"O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering them (your) love,..."
Koran 60.1

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #25 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:46pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:07pm:

falah,

These supposed [unverifiable] accounts of Mohammed's supposed benevolence towards infidels [these infidels being Allah's ENEMIES !! ], merely show Mohammed as a person who was willing to flagrantly disobey Allah's commands, relating to the treatment of 'unbelievers'.

falah,

Do all moslems so flagrantly disobey Allah's commands, as Mohammed apparently did ???

falah,

Is that why there are so few REAL moslems ???

Because it is clear that many of those people who claim to be moslems [i.e. those wicked false moslems, who slaughter other moslems, by murdering them, e.g. with bombs, in market places, and at funerals], are flagrantly disobeying Allah's commands, and therefore it is clear that they are only moslem 'impersonators' !!

Yes, those 'terrorist' moslems must be, moslem 'impersonators'.

And not REAL moslems.

Otherwise they would show kindness to Allah's enemies [i.e. they would show kindness to the 'wrong kind' of moslems], just like Mohammed did.

/sarc off

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 5:25pm

Yadda wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 at 3:46pm:

Yadda, the mufti of Saudi Arabia issued this fatwa which talks about how a Muslim must treat his non-Muslim neighbour:

Quote:
These are some of the rights between a Muslim and a kaafir.

Another right is being a good neighbour. So if he is a neighbour, be kind to him and do not annoy him; give charity to him if he is poor, give him gifts, give him beneficial advice, because these are things that will attract him to Islam and to become Muslim; and because the neighbour has rights...
If the neighbour is a kaafir, he still has the rights of a neighbour
; if he is both a relative and a kaafir, then he has two rights: the rights of a neighbour and the rights of a relative.

One of the rights of the neighbour is that you should give him charity...if he is poor, because God says (interpretation of the meaning): “God does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, God loves those who deal with equity”
[Quran, al-Mumtahanah v.8]

According to the authentic hadeeth narrated from Asma’ bint Abi Bakr, her mother, who was a polytheist, entered upon her during the truce between the Prophet (blessings and peace of God be upon him) and the people of Mecca, seeking help. Asma’ asked the Prophet for permission - should she uphold ties of kinship with her? The Prophet said: “Uphold ties of kinship with her.”

http://islamqa.info/en/ref/131777

Abu,

Yadda I posted this verse below on a number of occasions, so now can only assume that you are deliberately lying and deceiving:

God does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, God loves those who deal with equity”

Another lie Yadda.

I find your lies ironic considering how it was kindness from Muslims which attraacted me towards their religion many years ago.

Lying again Yadda?

God does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, God loves those who deal with equity”

Koran 5.51

The verse you quoted is not translated well. The verse does not actually say "friends" it says in Arabic "wali" which means "guardian/protector"

Muslims are told not to take non-Muslims as guardians. The word for friend in Arabic is "sadeeq" which is not use in the verse.

So as usual Yadda your arguments are based on either lies or ignorance.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 7:59pm

falah wrote on Mar 7th, 2012 at 12:47pm:
The punishment for rape in Islam is same as the punishment for fornication/adultery

So it is true - the punishment for rape is the same as punishment for consensual sex. And where sex is permitted under Islam, rape is not even acknowledged as a crime.

That is, under Islamic law there is no distinction at all between rape and consensual sex.

The trouble that westerners often find themselves in with local authorities after getting raped in middle eastern coutnries is not some backwards tradition that Abu can blame on western interference, but is a close reflection of Islamic law.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #28 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 8:00pm

Abu,

Your neighbour according to Islam is anyone who lives around you in any direction, even up to 40 houses away.

The Prophet was asked: “Who is a neighbour?” He answered: “Your neighbours are forty houses ahead of you and forty houses to your back, and forty houses to your right and forty houses to your left.”

What is the Christian definition of a neighbour?

Abu,

Koran 48.29

No, you have lied. Nowhere does it state Muslims must NOT be kind to unbelievers. Please highlight the part where it states that.

The Qur'an in fact explicitly states that Allah does not forbid us being kind to those of the unbelievers who do not act aggressively towards us.

Also from the explanation of the hadiths about neighbours by Muhammad's (pbuh) close companions we can see they understood it to refer to neighbours of any religion.

Abdullah ibn Amr, a companion who was well versed in Hadith had a sheep slaughtered. He repeatedly asked his servant: “Have you sent some meat as a present to our Jewish neighbour?” When he said that several times, he added: “I have heard Allah’s messenger (Pbuh) saying: “Gabriel has repeatedly recommended me to be good to my neighbour until I have thought that he would include him among my heirs.”

As for your repetitive rant about mistranslating awliya as friends, we've been over this several times, and the common misconceptions thread deals with it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #29 - Mar 8th, 2012 at 11:09pm

abu_rashid wrote on Mar 8th, 2012 at 8:00pm:
Muhammad's (pbuh)

Abbreviated piety - how wonderful. Peace be upon him - but you can't be bothered to actually say it, so just abbreviate it.
Text it. Ps b n 'im. Or pbuh. It is very telling that muslims abbreviate their pieties.
These are only gestures, not actual feelings.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Send Topic Print