Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print
does Islam equate sex and rape? (Read 74035 times)
Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Re: does Islam equate sex and rape?
Reply #165 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:25pm

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:20pm:
You felt no shame in being beaten by a girl?

No she is shooter from childhood in Russia before migration to Israel,

It's ok we has pride for her

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #166 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:50pm

How do the Muslims handle it when they come across a woman in charge?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #167 - Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:50pm

'The slave who becomes a concubine is considered like a wife, and the word for concubine in Arabic actually comes from the word for marriage'.

oh well ...that's OK then. Huh

Ummm - like it or not Falah....you and your kind live in the past.!

I can't bring to mind ANYTHING to do with slavery in my culture.... except  IT IS BANNED.

I know the loathsome practice continues in this best of all worlds,  Angry Angry Shocked but for you to respond to FD's q's in such a way is a wake-up.  I actually believe there are people of faith who see more clearly, the teachings of their creed. You are not one of them...  Tongue

live every day

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:30am

Emma wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 10:50pm:
'The slave who becomes a concubine is considered like a wife, and the word for concubine in Arabic actually comes from the word for marriage'.

I can't bring to mind ANYTHING to do with slavery in my culture.... except  IT IS BANNED.

I know the loathsome practice continues in this best of all worlds,  Angry Angry Shocked but for you to respond to FD's q's in such a way is a wake-up.  I actually believe there are people of faith who see more clearly, the teachings of their creed. You are not one of them...  Tongue

Banned but not abolished. There are twice as many slaves in the West today as there in the Midle East.

The BBC tells us that there are 660,000 slaves in the West, only 360,000 in Middleast and north Africa.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:14am

freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:50pm:

Throughout Islamic history there have been many female scholars of Islam. Many scholars of Islam have opined centuries ago that women can be imams if there are no men qualified for the job.

Try to find historical examples of this attitude towards woman in Christiaity and Judaism, and you will not find them.

Muslim countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Indonesia have had female leaders long before Australia.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #170 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 12:48pm

Quote:
Banned but not abolished. There are twice as many slaves in the West today as there in the Midle East.

The west is a big place Falah. This means slavery is less common in the west. Also, you seem to forget that the only reason slavery is illegal in the middle east is because of foreign interference.

It is kind of hypocritical to claim some kind of moral high ground for Islam because there are fewer slaves in the middle east, when this happened despite Islam and against Islam, not because of it. Meanwhile, if anyone criticises anything else about the middle east that is actually a result of Islam, you and Abu try to pretend that it is because of foreign interference instead.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #171 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:42pm

falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:14am:
Muslim countries like Bangladesh, Pakistan and Indonesia have had female leaders long before Australia.

Indonesia is not a muslim country it is a democracy.

Were these female leaders the daughters of previous leaders?

Did that woman from Pakistan get killed by muslims?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:45pm

falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:30am:

The BBC tells us that there are 660,000 slaves in the West, only 360,000 in Middleast and north Africa.

Slavery is illegal in the west it violates human rights.

Yet in the Islamic world there is support for sex slaves-

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:36pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:42pm:

Even if it is not ruled by islamic law, about 86% of the 237million people in Indonesia are Muslim. That means that tens of millions of Muslims voted for a woman.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #174 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:02pm

falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:36pm:

Even if it is not ruled by islamic law, about 86% of the 237million people in Indonesia are Muslim. That means that tens of millions of Muslims voted for a woman.

It is amazing what shameless hypocrits Muslims can be. If Indonesia does something we might like, Muslims say look at Indonesia, it proves how progressive Islam is - even though it was achieved througha democratic process that Islam rejects outright.

Yet if you point to something evil done in Indonesia that closely mirrors Islamic law, Muslims complain that it cannot possibly reflect on Islam because it is not a proper Islamic Caliphate.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #175 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:45pm

freediver wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 8:02pm:
falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 7:36pm:

It is amazing what shameless hypocrits Muslims can be. If Indonesia does something we might like, Muslims say look at Indonesia, it proves how progressive Islam is - even though it was achieved througha democratic process that Islam rejects outright.

Yet if you point to something evil done in Indonesia that closely mirrors Islamic law, Muslims complain that it cannot possibly reflect on Islam because it is not a proper Islamic Caliphate.

It is strange, that chip on your shoulder Freediver. You would be right at home in Israel with all the Islam-haters there.

you said:freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:50pm:
How do the [u]Muslims[/u] handle it when they come across a woman in charge?

Three of the largest countries in the world with overwhelming Muslim majorities have elected women as leaders.

If your question was about Islam or the Islamic state then the answer might have been different.

Don't blame the answer on your poor question.

IP Logged

Frances
Gold Member

Australian Politics

In a Castle in the Hills
Reply #176 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:54pm

falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:45pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 18th, 2012 at 7:50pm:

Three of the largest countries in the world with overwhelming Muslim majorities have elected women as leaders.

If your question was about Islam or the Islamic state then the answer might have been different.

Don't blame the answer on your poor question.

Maybe it is your reading of the question that is poor rather than the question itself.  Freediver's question asked about the attitudes Muslims have to a woman in charge.  This I would take to be a reference to Muslims as individuals and how they relate to women.  You responded with references to Islam and Islamic states, hardly the same thing, if I am reading Freediver's question correctly, which I believe I am.  Or is this another case of you changing the subject because you don't want to answer the question?

Sure God created man before woman. But then you always make a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #177 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:59pm

Speaking of changing the subject, do we have to go through another ten pages before we get another little detail?

Quote:
Falah, is this now correct?

Typical Islamic punishments:

Married rapist, 4 witnesses: death by stoning
Married adulterer, 4 witnesses: death by stoning

Unmarried rapist (or fewer than 4 witnesses): whipping and a fine
Unmarried fornicator (or fewer than 4 witnesses): whipping

Husband raping wife: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Husband having 'consensual' sex with wife: wife's duty

Owner raping a slave: no punishment (concept non-existent in Islam)
Owner having 'consensual' sex with a slave: likewise, no punishment

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #178 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:24pm

Ahh FD - fair question.

I am sorry to say... the answer is/... YES.! Huh

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #179 - Mar 19th, 2012 at 10:48pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 1:45pm:
falah wrote on Mar 19th, 2012 at 9:30am:

Slavery is illegal in the west it violates human rights.

Yet in the Islamic world there is support for sex slaves-

Now I personally have no knowledge of the subject, other than what I have gleaned from immersion in society.  I DO KNOW the enslavement of women continues, ...on ALL continents.
And...not only women, but children -male and female. AS WE ALL KNOW!!!.

NIMBY - 'member that one --  ?
We are an ethically compromised culture,  ... which is reflected in so many things we see everyday... so familiar that we don't  'recognise' it anymore. We have been de-sensitised, and de-humanised... 
...not ALL individuals, .....  but I'd say most groupings of people., without a strong ethical grounding,  have been drawn in  to the schisms erupting in our society.. Mateship based on merit has disappeared, inevitably. Replaced by ???

We are so COMPLACENT!!!!!!!!!!
Typical aussies. She'll be right mate.  Smiley

Take e.g  -  lateral example.

A couple/few people camping on the banks of a far NQ River, have their camp obliterated by salt-water crocs,. native and endemic to the region/-  at least one dead, and one un-accounted for,-- the surviving not-so happy campers ,  express their shock and fear.!!

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Send Topic Print