Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
Will Rudd Destroy Labor? (Read 15860 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Will Rudd Destroy Labor?
Reply #75 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:44am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:14am:
skippy. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:06am:
Its been forum policy for the five years or so that I've posted here for posters to put up a link if they reproduce an article. Anything else is pure plagiarism, longlie has form on this, and has been told before to do it, but being the sad little man he is he ignores the rules. Lets face it most of what he does write is proven lies, I think he steals others articles to give himself some cred, dog knows he needs it.

Thanks - the moderators have been informed as no apology or retraction was made.

you are such a child... and once again, everyone is laughing at you.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:46am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:31am:
Thanks - the moderators have been informed as no apology or retraction was made.

While you're at it bobby, you'd better report Imcrookonit for these three...
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1328557260
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1327811944
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1327698728

No author credit on any of them either

now you have spoilt their little pick on a lib rants.. LOL>.

if you think they are about to pick on one of their own.. think again.  I havent seen it yet.and dont expect too..

its more than childish anyway...I am almost sure no one is going to take anyone to court for plagiarism on a pathetic forum like this.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:08am

The rules:

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/pages/Website_Terms_of_Use_Agreement?...
Quote:

Quote:
Intellectual Property

Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form of the Website is prohibited other than for individual use only, and the contents of this Website may not be copied or otherwise shared with any third parties.

Without limitation, You agree that You will not print, distribute, display, sell, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate or commercially exploit, in any form or by any method whatsoever, part or all of the contents of the Website, or incorporate the website material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form.

Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Business Spectator or by other parties that have licensed their material to Business Spectator.

IP Logged

blackadder
Gold Member

Reply #78 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:15am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:08am:
The rules:

http://www.businessspectator.com.au/bs.nsf/pages/Website_Terms_of_Use_Agreement?...
Quote:

Quote:
Intellectual Property

Reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form of the Website is prohibited other than for individual use only, and the contents of this Website may not be copied or otherwise shared with any third parties.

Without limitation, You agree that You will not print, distribute, display, sell, publish, broadcast, circulate, disseminate or commercially exploit, in any form or by any method whatsoever, part or all of the contents of the Website, or incorporate the website material, or any part of it, in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form.

Unless otherwise noted, all materials on this site are protected as the copyright, trade dress, trademarks and/or other intellectual properties owned by Business Spectator or by other parties that have licensed their material to Business Spectator.

Jesus batpoo grow up and stop being such a belligerent little prat.

You married batpoo? Ever been married? Ever had a girlfriend? Ever had sex? Er with  a woman.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #79 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:21am

In general - it is acceptable to take a small excerpt from another
website as long as you put a link to it.

In the case of Longweekend - he copied an entire article
& pretended that it was his.

That is not only illegal it is dishonest.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:46am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:21am:

its not even illegal, twitface.

one day you may get a girlfriend and discover how much fun life can be with a FEMALE love interest instead of toenail.

you act like a baby.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #81 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:51am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:46am:

one day you may get a girlfriend and discover how much fun life can be with a FEMALE love interest instead of toenail.

you act like a baby.

LONGEY Dont pick on the kid    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:08am

FRED. wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:51am:
longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 10:46am:

you act like a baby.

LONGEY Dont pick on the kid    Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

its a bit like child abuse, or beating up on a mentally retarded person.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #83 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:17am

The same old political cycle..Libs get in..Labor gets in...Libs get in... Labor gets in...blah blah blah.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

FriYAY
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #84 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:31am

Bobby. wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 7:21pm:
Longweekend,
Quote:
you are stupider than snot booby. of COURSE it came from there!

Longweekend,
Apologise for not including a link to the source or
I will report you to the moderators for plagiarism.

No wonder you were banned as a moderator.
You don't even understand simple rules.

LOLZ

Dobber dobber dobber!!

Bobby the Dobber. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #85 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:38am

longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:44am:
Its been forum policy for the five years or so that I've posted here for posters to put up a link if they reproduce an article. Anything else is pure plagiarism, longlie has form on this, and has been told before to do it, but being the sad little man he is he ignores the rules. Lets face it most of what he does write is proven lies, I think he steals others articles to give himself some cred, dog knows he needs it.

Of course, the correct thing to do would have been to admit the minor mistake in not including a link and then go update the post. But no, just go ahead and dig a hole for yourself.

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #86 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:39am

What is Plagiarism?

Many people think of plagiarism as copying another's work, or borrowing someone else's original ideas. But terms like "copying" and "borrowing" can disguise the seriousness of the offense:

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
    to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
    to use (another's production) without crediting the source
    to commit literary theft
    to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

But can words and ideas really be stolen?
According to U.S. law, the answer is yes. The expression of original ideas is considered intellectual property, and is protected by copyright laws, just like original inventions. Almost all forms of expression fall under copyright protection as long as they are recorded in some way (such as a book or a computer file).
All of the following are considered plagiarism:

turning in someone else's work as your own
    copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
    failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
    giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
    changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
    copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed, and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source, is usually enough to prevent plagiarism.

Link -
http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_is_plagiarism.html
=================================
I recommend that all members, if using someone else's material, credit the source of that material.

A failure to do so, could place those members not doing so, in greater danger of facing legal action.   

Whilst the result of any such legal action, would be for the courts to decide, the risk of incurring what can be massive legal costs alone, should be a sufficient deterrent for most people, not to risk whether something is or is not plagiarism!

IP Logged

Gist
Gold Member

I am not a sock, I am
a human being!

Reply #87 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:39am

FriYAY wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:31am:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 21st, 2012 at 7:21pm:
Longweekend,
Quote:
you are stupider than snot booby. of COURSE it came from there!

Longweekend,
Apologise for not including a link to the source or
I will report you to the moderators for plagiarism.

No wonder you were banned as a moderator.
You don't even understand simple rules.

LOLZ

Dobber dobber dobber!!

Bobby the Dobber. Roll Eyes

You must be Fred's older twin by all of about 10 minutes I reckon. How do you enjoy preschool? Do you like drawing with crayons too?

"When our military goes to war it should be for purposes and objectives clearly in Australia’s interests, not merely because the Americans want some company" - Malcolm Fraser (2012 Whitlam Oration)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:45am

Gist wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:38am:
longweekend58 wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 8:44am:

Of course, the correct thing to do would have been to admit the minor mistake in not including a link and then go update the post. But no, just go ahead and dig a hole for yourself.

if everyone was called to account for minor mistakes, then what would happen here? it was obvious to anyone with a brain that it was copied as it is not even close to my style of writing. its only a problem to a moron like booby.

as if we dont have any ther things to discuss.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #89 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:50am

perceptions_now wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 11:39am:
What is Plagiarism?

Many people think of plagiarism as copying another's work, or borrowing someone else's original ideas. But terms like "copying" and "borrowing" can disguise the seriousness of the offense:

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means
    to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
    to use (another's production) without crediting the source
    to commit literary theft
    to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

But can words and ideas really be stolen?
According to U.S. law, the answer is yes. The expression of original ideas is considered intellectual property, and is protected by copyright laws, just like original inventions. Almost all forms of expression fall under copyright protection as long as they are recorded in some way (such as a book or a computer file).
All of the following are considered plagiarism:

turning in someone else's work as your own
    copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
    failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
    giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
    changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit
    copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

Most cases of plagiarism can be avoided, however, by citing sources. Simply acknowledging that certain material has been borrowed, and providing your audience with the information necessary to find that source, is usually enough to prevent plagiarism.

Link -
http://www.plagiarism.org/plag_article_what_is_plagiarism.html
=================================
I recommend that all members, if using someone else's material, credit the source of that material.

A failure to do so, could place those members not doing so, in greater danger of facing legal action.   

Whilst the result of any such legal action, would be for the courts to decide, the risk of incurring what can be massive legal costs alone, should be a sufficient deterrent for most people, not to risk whether something is or is not plagiarism!

Thanks Perceptions -
that's good advice for all of us.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print