Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The global growth economy is – grinding to a halt. (Read 2390 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

The global growth economy is – grinding to a halt.
Feb 10th, 2012 at 6:53pm

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2012/the-growth-monster-is-slaying-itself-22062

Now we are facing reality. Whatever one’s political philosophy or view on how things should be, the facts are pushing philosophy out of the way. The issue is no longer if growth is good or bad, it’s that growth is coming to an end.
The global growth economy is – messily and inconsistently – grinding to a halt.
This is not a few bad years, this is game over for the economic philosophy that has guided human progress for hundreds of years.

It will still take some time given the mighty political, economic and cultural momentum behind it, as well as the power of our denial, but the signs are clear that both the actual end of growth and the breaking down of denial has begun.

Let me repeat, I’m not talking here about the long philosophical debate on the relative merits of growth – the argument that, for rich countries, getting richer no longer improves our average quality of life. What we face now is not a political choice – it’s too late for that. We have put in place the processes that will force the end of growth and nothing can now be done to change course.

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Re: The global growth economy is – grinding to a halt.
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 7:30pm

WOW, i thought it was dead in the water now. sorry.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #2 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 5:27pm

True!!

Cheesy

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:12am

As was inevitable given the lack of true lasting economic potential in the foreign divestment of productive capability by the West to the ROTW for short-term profit, globalisation that benefited the middle men most, and the inevitable rise in living costs and thus wages for those in the countries to which the West off-loaded its industrial capability.

The off-loading of Western industrial capacity to China was a form of cultural imperialism - since it was inevitable that issues such as rising standards of living for industrial workers would create a demand for rising wages and thus rising costs including to the now end users - the West - which would fracture Chinese society into segments of those who were 'Industrial Men' and those who were not - farmers and so forth -- with the latter now incapable of keeping pace with the costs of living - and thus forced to adopt a capitalist approach by raising their prices just to stay alive, thus engendering a capitalist system in all but name - accompanied by the same increasing divides as in the West - between the 'haves' , the 'have-nots' - and the new and rising class of the 'never-will-haves'....with all the accompanying social ills of poverty, crime and so forth....

At the same time the rising costs of ROTW produced goods have risen to equal costs formerly held in the West for finished products - and then taken on the same level of constant rise in those costs - and have generated a new poverty for the West, along with rampant inflation, often hidden but real.

Thus are we becoming truly 'equal' in our level of poverty - apart from the Chosen Ones - across the World - and a true New World Order has been set upon us like a pack of ravening wolves.

It is with heavy heart that I finally find myself finally allied with the radical protestors in Canada some years ago - who  protested against the New World Order......

Perhaps the only true hope lies with the proles.....as Orwell said..... or with the concurrent inevitable destruction of all this facade under pressure from petroleum decline and popular pressure up to and including insurrection....

I feel a need to read Gibbons' 'Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire'..... Cry

Poor Fellow - My Country!

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #4 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:16am

Australia isnt capable of self-sustaining anymore. No more factories and most of the food being exported (that is what we still grow which isnt much) . . .we are reliant on other countries just to stay afloat and gawd nose what would happen if there was a war . .. .

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Postmodern Trendoid III
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:09am

Quote:
The grappler
The off-loading of Western industrial capacity to China was a form of cultural imperialism

Chinese officials make the decisions to allow Western type industry to be a part of their manufacturing process.

There is no obligation that they have to accept the latest manufacturing technologies.

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:24pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 12:12am:
As was inevitable given the lack of true lasting economic potential in the foreign divestment of productive capability by the West to the ROTW for short-term profit, globalisation that benefited the middle men most, and the inevitable rise in living costs and thus wages for those in the countries to which the West off-loaded its industrial capability.

The off-loading of Western industrial capacity to China was a form of cultural imperialism - since it was inevitable that issues such as rising standards of living for industrial workers would create a demand for rising wages and thus rising costs including to the now end users - the West - which would fracture Chinese society into segments of those who were 'Industrial Men' and those who were not - farmers and so forth -- with the latter now incapable of keeping pace with the costs of living - and thus forced to adopt a capitalist approach by raising their prices just to stay alive, thus engendering a capitalist system in all but name - accompanied by the same increasing divides as in the West - between the 'haves' , the 'have-nots' - and the new and rising class of the 'never-will-haves'....with all the accompanying social ills of poverty, crime and so forth....

At the same time the rising costs of ROTW produced goods have risen to equal costs formerly held in the West for finished products - and then taken on the same level of constant rise in those costs - and have generated a new poverty for the West, along with rampant inflation, often hidden but real.

Thus are we becoming truly 'equal' in our level of poverty - apart from the Chosen Ones - across the World - and a true New World Order has been set upon us like a pack of ravening wolves.

It is with heavy heart that I finally find myself finally allied with the radical protestors in Canada some years ago - who  protested against the New World Order......

Perhaps the only true hope lies with the proles.....as Orwell said..... or with the concurrent inevitable destruction of all this facade under pressure from petroleum decline and popular pressure up to and including insurrection....

I feel a need to read Gibbons' 'Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire'..... Cry

Poor Fellow - My Country!

the new world order is without an inclusive medium and long term vision. there is no tomorrow from their pov.
it is a product of our capitalist  political system, with capitalist goals being unfettered in the industrialised world.
china's culture has always been capitalist, with limited opportunities according to the political system of the time, so they play the game well. Though, centrally, the motivation for the economic revolution, I suspect, is expansionism - note recent examples with vietnam and japan.
as the workers' pay increases, the end result of that will be inflation in the west. americans printing money, europe going down the tube finacially, my electricity bill going up, and the trolls running riot in the forum.. our belief that there maybe ongoing global stability is dissolving.
we do need to change our system, on a global basis, but our societies are so entrenched in their respective hegemonies, doubt that we will achieve much before the big hand hits  the '12' on the human clock.

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

people died for this!

Reply #7 - Oct 7th, 2012 at 10:34pm

Postmodern Trendoid III wrote on Oct 4th, 2012 at 10:09am:
Quote:
The grappler
The off-loading of Western industrial capacity to China was a form of cultural imperialism

Chinese officials make the decisions to allow Western type industry to be a part of their manufacturing process.

There is no obligation that they have to accept the latest manufacturing technologies.

Brevity is the soul of wit: nice post!!

Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print