Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Falah: Jews are 'parasites' (Read 63077 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Falah: Jews are 'parasites'
Reply #15 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:33pm

Quote:
First and foremost the Qur'an is in Arabic, the meanings of the words are not beholden to a "rough translation" into English. You can't seem to fathom this one.

You got it backwards Abu. You are claiming that English is somehow beholden to the Arabic - that the definition of treason depends on the death penalty for apostasy. At first your line was that it was 'related to' treason but you have since changed to pretending you can no longer tell the difference between apostasy and treason.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #16 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 9:09am

I've claimed no such thing. We're talking about Islamic concepts. Their definitions come from Arabic, and specifically from the shari'ah meanings of the terms in the Islamic texts.

Riddah in that context means something like apostasy-treason-desertion-defection. All of these concepts rolled into one.

Wali in the context of that verse means guardian-protector-ally-friends. All of these concepts rolled into one.

No single one of these English words alone will suffice to describe the word in the verse, hence the reason some translators just transliterated the word, then put several of these meanings in brackets.

As I said, if that's beyond your understanding, then I am wasting my time. Only a simpleton would insist all languages must have a 1 to 1 mapping for each and every word/concept pair.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 12:53pm

Quote:
Only a simpleton would insist all languages must have a 1 to 1 mapping for each and every word/concept pair.

But that is exactly what you are doing, by insisting that the death penalty for apostasy under Islam can only be compared to the death penalty for treason and cannot be compared to freedom of religion or freedom of thought. Every time the issue of apostasy comes up, you insist it is a non-issue because McCarthy executed a few spies.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #18 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:00pm

Not at all. I've made it quite clear on numerous occasions that the Islamic concept can be translated to cover both apostasy and treason. You just refuse to listen, as you've got it in your head it's some kind of ruse to avoid it being apostasy that is a capital offence, to cheat you out of your "gotcha".

I've never claimed apostasy isn't a capital offence, merely highlighted the fact that apostasy in Islam overlaps with the concept of treason in the West, which in most countries is a capital offence.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #19 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:21pm

The question is settled then: Is Islam a religion AND  political association? Yes, it is both.

The only question remaining is whether it is a political association based on religion or a religious association based on politics. In other words, which one is it more important aspect, religion or politics.

Is the death penalty more for leaving the religion or more for leaving the political entity of Islam?  For the western mind, used to the separation of secular and ecclesiastical law, this is important.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:33pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:00pm:
Not at all. I've made it quite clear on numerous occasions that the Islamic concept can be translated to cover both apostasy and treason. You just refuse to listen, as you've got it in your head it's some kind of ruse to avoid it being apostasy that is a capital offence, to cheat you out of your "gotcha".

I've never claimed apostasy isn't a capital offence, merely highlighted the fact that apostasy in Islam overlaps with the concept of treason in the West, which in most countries is a capital offence.

You seem very comfortable changing your tune Abu:

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 8:28pm:
fd, as you've been informed on more than one occasion, Islam is a nation (ummah), and abandoning it is indeed treason.

Quote:
You're just trying to enforce your own personal view about treason, nation etc. onto the discussion.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:39pm

Soren wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:21pm:
The question is settled then: Is Islam a religion AND  political association? Yes, it is both.

The only question remaining is whether it is a political association based on religion or a religious association based on politics. In other words, which one is it more important aspect, religion or politics.

Is the death penalty more for leaving the religion or more for leaving the political entity of Islam?  For the western mind, used to the separation of secular and ecclesiastical law, this is important.

Did Moses separate religion and politics? David? Solomon?

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:41pm

You left out Jesus.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #23 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm

From the Western secular perspective, yes.

From the perspective of the monotheist, there can be no separation between the two, since absolute belief in the oneness of God requires one to adhere to all of God's laws in all aspects of life. Judeo-Christian traditions once held this to be true, but since their beliefs became so corrupted and so divergent from their original message, the people ended up abandoning them as being unable to be adhered to. Islam suffered no such corruption.

Again a mix-up of the Western secular need to part the two. In reality politics and religion are the exact same thing. Both of them organise the affairs of humanity.

The separation between the two in Islam is non-existent, so the question is moot.

It is for riddah, which occupies both spaces that Western societies have separated into two, not for one to the exclusion of the other.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 7:51pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 7:27pm:

From the Western secular perspective, yes.

From the perspective of the monotheist, there can be no separation between the two, since absolute belief in the oneness of God requires one to adhere to all of God's laws in all aspects of life. Judeo-Christian traditions once held this to be true, but since their beliefs became so corrupted and so divergent from their original message, the people ended up abandoning them as being unable to be adhered to. Islam suffered no such corruption.

Again a mix-up of the Western secular need to part the two. In reality politics and religion are the exact same thing. Both of them organise the affairs of humanity.

The separation between the two in Islam is non-existent, so the question is moot.

It is for riddah, which occupies both spaces that Western societies have separated into two, not for one to the exclusion of the other.

This is why Islam is absolutely incompatible with the western liberal, enlightenment tradition. Islam is the avowed enemy of everything the west stands for.

This is why treating Islam as if it was just about people wanting to bring up their kids like everyone else is huge mistake.

Islam is hostile, not compatible. It should be treated as such. It has been for most of its existence, until about the '70s. Another fvckup by leftie numpties. Islam is not a signatory to the multicultural settlement of cultural differences.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 9:04pm

freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:41pm:
You left out Jesus.

Jesus was not in a position to implement God's laws, but he certainly criticised the rabbis for abandoning and worshipping money.

John the Baptist was murdered for criticisng the Jewish government of his time.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 9:08pm

falah wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 9:04pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 5:41pm:
You left out Jesus.

Jesus was not in a position to implement God's laws, but he certainly criticised the rabbis for abandoning and worshipping money.

BAGHDAD, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) -- A suicide car bomb attack rattled Iraqi capital city Baghdad on Friday, killing at least 31 people and injuring 60 others, an interior ministry source said.

Why were those Muslims murdered by other Muslims?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 9:37pm

Quote:
Islam suffered no such corruption.

Which is why it was so easy for Muslims to rebuild the Caliphate?

Quote:

Sounds like a hippy to me.

Quote:

Probably Shites murdered by Muslims. You have to get the terminology correct or Abu won't respond.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #28 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:01pm

Soren wrote on Jan 28th, 2012 at 7:51pm:
This is why Islam is absolutely incompatible with the western liberal, enlightenment tradition. Islam is the avowed enemy of everything the west stands for.

Of course Islam as a state ideology is not compatible with any other ideology, wouldn't that go without saying?

Your claim by extension that therefore a Muslim cannot live in a Western society is not accurate though. The two are completely different issues, and if you had half a neuron floating around in that skull of yours, I think you would've known that.

This is why treating Islam as if it was just about people wanting to bring up their kids like everyone else is huge mistake.

The West does not treat Islam, as a state ideology, because it does not currently exist as such. Didn't you just admit to this recently?

Islam is hostile, not compatible. It should be treated as such. It has been for most of its existence .... Islam is not a signatory to the multicultural settlement of cultural differences.

Islam the first state ideology to establish a truly multicultural state. This is simple historical fact.

Why did the French murder tens of thousands of their own people after the fall of the Vichy regime? And many during its existence?

When part of a population collaborates with an occupation force, they can't expect to fare too well in the aftermath when the collaborationist regime begins to fall.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

barnaby joe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

euchareena
Reply #29 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:16pm

social identity theory processes at work itt

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 27
Send Topic Print