Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Australia Democrats (Read 6592 times)
Wattle Grove
Ex Member

Australia Democrats
Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:12am

The Australia Democrats are still a registered party under the Electoal Act and don't forget that they were started by a ex-liberal member. Stop with me for a minute and see how this work out.

Some people on here are saying that they won't vote liberals at the next election if Abbott is still the leader, but they would if Turnbull was leader. There are even some people sayiny that Turnbull should be a member of the Labor Party.

So how would Turnbull go if he resigns from the Liberal party and joins the democrats, do you think that he would win his seat as a democrat? and would he bring some more members from the liberal and labor parties to join him as democrats? Would the independents join him to try to save their seats?  Could they win enough seats to have the balance of power in a new parliament?

I think we need a good strong third political party with fresh ideas and he would still have the party machine behind him.

What do you think would you vote for democrat member in your seat for the House of Representative if Turnbull was leader before a liberal or labor member? Could they be a force in a new parliament?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Australia Democrats
Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:15am

who bloody cares?

IP Logged

Wattle Grove
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:25am

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:15am:
who bloody cares?

so you got nothing to add to it cods

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #3 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:36am

Turnbull was removed as Leader of the Opposition because he couldn't make headway against the most incompetent government in this nations history.
The effect in the polls after Abbott took control was apparant as he constantly and consistently held the government to account which is shown in the poll results recently.
The reality is Turnbull has balls of cotton wool, and the Democrats are very welcome to him.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:36am

Quote:
who bloody cares?

not really wattle... he has been head of every party since I dont when.. yeah even the Labs for a laugh...

I think we have enough crappy parties to be honest.. they just split and divide I find..I dont like one agenda pollies to be honest.. or like what we are experiancing now.....

I wont bend !but I expect the govt too...

I find that wrong in fact I find it an abomination...maybe we need it in the senate I really am not that clever with politics.. but its proved a loser in the lower house..the govt is stagnant and impotent..it wouldnt matter who was in power it would have to be the same result.

I just feel that if it was Abbott or even Howard that was in this position they would call an election..and get it over and done with..

it takes guts.. but pull these bloody independents on and the greens for that matter..they are all hanging on to one seat bloody POWER>. sorry wattle..but thats how I feel I am over it to be honest.

no more parties just get what we have RIGHT thats all

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:36am

Quote:
who bloody cares?

She never does, other than troll.
I'm not sure the democrats brand is saleable anymore, its a bit past its use by date, if Turnbull were to leave the Libs and go it alone I think he'd be better off starting his own party. Mt preferred option would be for him to role Abbott and become Lib leader.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:42am

skippy. wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:36am:
Quote:
who bloody cares?

She never does, other than troll.
I'm not sure the democrats brand is saleable anymore, its a bit past its use by date, if Turnbull were to leave the Libs and go it alone I think he'd be better off starting his own party. Mt preferred option would be for him to role Abbott and become Lib leader.

as you are good at checking for the F and C word.. how about checking on my posts I think you will find I offer a lot more than you ever do...but keep on lying thats one thing you lefties are good at

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:52am

who bloody cares?

If you got nothing to add, don't.  Learn to control yourself.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:53am

Quote:
The Australia Democrats are still a registered party under the Electoal Act and don't forget that they were started by a ex-liberal member. Stop with me for a minute and see how this work out.

Some people on here are saying that they won't vote liberals at the next election if Abbott is still the leader, but they would if Turnbull was leader. There are even some people sayiny that Turnbull should be a member of the Labor Party.

So how would Turnbull go if he resigns from the Liberal party and joins the democrats, do you think that he would win his seat as a democrat? and would he bring some more members from the liberal and labor parties to join him as democrats? Would the independents join him to try to save their seats?  Could they win enough seats to have the balance of power in a new parliament?

I think we need a good strong third political party with fresh ideas and he would still have the party machine behind him.

What do you think would you vote for democrat member in your seat for the House of Representative if Turnbull was leader before a liberal or labor member? Could they be a force in a new parliament?

I think he'd win as a democrat.  His electorate would have to be one of the more progressive in Sydney, and clearly he has a personal fan-ship in his own electorate.

I don't think he should join the democrats however.  As much as I would enjoy seeing the party come back and kick some ass, unfortunately their brand is tainted.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 9:02am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:52am:
who bloody cares?

If you got nothing to add, don't.  Learn to control yourself.

why!!! not because YOU said so surely?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 9:06am

cods wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 9:02am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 8:52am:
who bloody cares?

If you got nothing to add, don't.  Learn to control yourself.

why!!! not because YOU said so surely?

because sometimes it's just good to exert some self control.  I understand it may be quite difficult for you, but I would strongly suggest you try.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:34am

Turnball has some enormous abilities and would make the best treasurer probably since federation IF he was a team player. but his singel worst attribute is that he doesnt play well with others. In that regard he shades even Keating. It is a pity that one of the most capable members in the parliament is unusable because he seems to think it is the Turnball Party and not the Liberal Party.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #12 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:58am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:34am:
Turnball has some enormous abilities and would make the best treasurer probably since federation IF he was a team player. but his singel worst attribute is that he doesnt play well with others. In that regard he shades even Keating. It is a pity that one of the most capable members in the parliament is unusable because he seems to think it is the Turnball Party and not the Liberal Party.

You keep telling yourself that if it helps you sleep.
Are you going to use Turnbull as a scaprgoat for the catosphoric mess Abbott will create for the Nation here & aboard if he ever gets the keys to the lodge.
'Oh well if Turnbull played nice he would have been leader so therefore it's not Tony's fault or our fault we had to vote for a d!ckhead, it's Turnbulls"

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 11:47am

Dsmithy70 wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:58am:

Are you going to use Turnbull as a scaprgoat for the catosphoric mess Abbott will create for the Nation here & aboard if he ever gets the keys to the lodge.
'Oh well if Turnbull played nice he would have been leader so therefore it's not Tony's fault or our fault we had to vote for a d!ckhead, it's Turnbulls"

I suppose its Tony's fault that foreign own companies are buying up massive amounts of agricultural land for their own food reserves, and no on in the Federal Government even knows how much Australian land has been sold or who is buying it   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #14 - Oct 11th, 2011 at 11:54am

culldav wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 11:47am:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Oct 11th, 2011 at 10:58am:

I suppose its Tony's fault that foreign own companies are buying up massive amounts of agricultural land for their own food reserves, and no on in the Federal Government even knows how much Australian land has been sold or who is buying it   Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

A) what has that got to do with my post
B) Would/has it be any different under coalition government(don't confuse RESIDENTIAL with INDUSTRIAL/AGRICULTURAL zoned land in your response.)

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print