Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Rules for banning from member run and party boards (Read 15543 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: Rules for banning from member run and party boards
Reply #45 - Dec 2nd, 2017 at 7:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:59pm:
They only moderate these boards, Setanta. Why not ban them for breaching actual rules rather than simply posting?

Subforum mods can pretty much make their own rules as long as they do not breach FDs rules, it's up to them how they run their subforums, if you do not follow their instruction, you are breaking the rules.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 1:26am

Setanta wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 7:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 2nd, 2017 at 3:59pm:
They only moderate these boards, Setanta. Why not ban them for breaching actual rules rather than simply posting?

Subforum mods can pretty much make their own rules as long as they do not breach FDs rules, it's up to them how they run their subforums, if you do not follow their instruction, you are breaking the rules.

Yes, but my question was why not ban people for breaching actual rules rather than being told what to say by a moderator?

Aussie, for example, would start threads with specific instructions on how to post, delete responses, lock threads and ban posters for nothing. He banned so many people so many times, he couldn't keep up with FD's paperwork.

You would have got sick of his endless complaints and petty feuds yourself. Why not just have sub mods follow the same rules as you?

I understand that calling them "member's boards" alleviates some of FD's fear of liability, but why not just ensure sub mods do their job and delete libel, harassment and vilification and ban repeat offenders?

Unless FD wants a certain amount of libel, harassment and vilification but simply wants a legal buffer - then I could understand it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #47 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:55am

You are missing the point Karnal. The member run boards are not to delegate authority. The point of them is to have different sets of rules.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:41pm

freediver wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 8:55am:
You are missing the point Karnal. The member run boards are not to delegate authority. The point of them is to have different sets of rules.

That would be nice, I guess, if you had different sets of moderators.

How many have you got left?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #49 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:28pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:41pm:

Are you looking for a job, since ___ chucked a hissy fit and threw his pink hot pants on the ground, perhaps you might like the Greens subforum. Walk a mile in his hot pants, you never know how they will fit.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:40pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 11:28pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 3rd, 2017 at 10:41pm:

Are you looking for a job, since ___ chucked a hissy fit and threw his pink hot pants on the ground, perhaps you might like the Greens subforum. Walk a mile in his hot pants, you never know how they will fit.

Thanks for the offer, Setanta, but how many ridiculous rules could I make up to ban posters for?

The most surreal one I've been banned for is speaking in French. Yes, a moderator called Dilligaf banned me for saying "oui". Apparently he's still moderating Multiculturalism of all places.

Mind you, the latest ban stands out. Herbie banned me for posting anything at all. First, the posts were simply deleted. Strange, I thought, so I posted them again. Then they were deleted, then Herbie decided to inform me that I had no right to post "until further notice".

I haven't received any notice yet. I appear to be back on Herbie's infamous Ignore List.

If I moderated the Greens board, I'd want the freedom to let anybody in, but that mightn't go down too well with you-know-who.

Great Scott, they could be tinted.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #51 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 8:34pm

The Greens board is not up for grabs anyway. Greenswin will swan back in soon enough.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:17pm

There you go, Setanta, no Greens board for moi.

Whoops - I spoke French. Don't ban me from the Feedback board please, Moderator.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #53 - Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:37pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
There you go, Setanta, no Greens board for moi.

Whoops - I spoke French. Don't ban me from the Feedback board please, Moderator.

Are you taking the oui oui Karnal? Grin

IP Logged

Vulcan

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:31pm

aka JaSin (no [reply] this section)

Attn please FD & VIC.

Can I please have Lisa Jones 'banned'!
She's returned and straight away has gone on the attack against me.
Even 'coercively' made false accusations of me just trolling these past number of days since she's been gone (and her fellow PA'ers).
Bobby has still been active here and I have not 'attacked' him off subject.
They have attacked me with nothing but 'personal' attacks since I expressed my anger at them for sneaking over to Aussie/Monks PA Forum to antagonise and stir the 'hornets nest'. Those PA'ers even expressed that they were not welcome there. So no wonder they return to this Forum all riled up!

When Lisa Jone's arrogant 'wit' fails her for the next remark/post - she straight away, as always cries out to you guys to 'Ban' who she sees fit (Mostly Aussie & Co from the other PA).
So she also did with me just recently.
She even banned me from her 'Real Estate' section that she Mods ...upon 'whim'. Not because I posted anything 'wrong' there - in fact I posted there in an effort to get things rolling there as a friendly favour as 'no-one' ever visits there! (I now wonder why? Roll Eyes)
She is 'BAN CRAZY' and hence why she bombards you both with constant requests to have other people banned.

So, if she can do it (and get away with it) - then why can't I (give her a taste of her own medicine. She seems to think she has worked in the Medical Industry and knows how to administer medical advice to members to 'take their meds', she does so also against Bojack  Roll Eyes)??

I will accept a 'dual ban' if she is banned and I am banned.
She's the kind to drag anyone down with her. Anything to get someone banned.

So, with Lisa can get away with it all the time...

"Freediver & Vic - please Ban Lisa Jones for being a Troll!"

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #55 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:49pm

Feel free to use the "ignore" function Jasin, alternatively manning up and using self restraint and discipline may work.

IP Logged

Vulcan

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:23pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 7:49pm:
Feel free to use the "ignore" function Jasin, alternatively manning up and using self restraint and discipline may work.

Can't help it obviously. I know its a 'distraction'.
But it must be the 'Feral' in me to give it back just as good as I cop it.
But ok Setanta. I'll give the 'hippy' way of restraint, peace and 'ignore' a go.
I'll see how long I last while I'm being insulted, humiliated and falsely accused.
So from this Post onwards - lets see how long I can last for?
Hopefully into the New Year at least.
Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

.JaSin. may need a new avatar for this one.  Grin

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #57 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:32pm

Vulcan wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:23pm:

But ok Setanta. I'll give the 'hippy' way of restraint, peace and 'ignore' a go.
I'll see how long I last while I'm being insulted, humiliated and falsely accused.
Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

Just don't go  overboard when you blow your load. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but abstinence can drive one to emotional...

IP Logged

Vulcan

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:43pm

Setanta wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:32pm:
Vulcan wrote on Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:23pm:

Just don't go  overboard when you blow your load. Absence makes the heart grow fonder but abstinence can drive one to emotional...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh my Hippy FreeLove Brother you art wise.
This Feral thinks of the words to the song

People
:"There's no sex in your violence!"

People:"
Everything Zen?"

Me:
"I don't think so!"

...that indeed may be the problem.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #59 - Dec 28th, 2017 at 8:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Dec 4th, 2017 at 7:40pm:
Mind you, the latest ban stands out. Herbie banned me for posting anything at all. First, the posts were simply deleted. Strange, I thought, so I posted them again. Then they were deleted, then Herbie decided to inform me that I had no right to post "until further notice".

You were deliberately and persistently trying to bait me at a personal level instead of adding sensibly to the discussion. Over and again you posted little barbs and childish gibberish in the hopes of ruining the thread.

A quote from your post in this page:

"I understand that calling them "member's boards" alleviates some of FD's fear of liability, but why not just ensure sub mods do their job and delete libel, harassment and vilification and ban repeat offenders?"

Indeed, and that's exactly what I did.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print