Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
West at war with Muslim world since 1920s? (Read 28860 times)
Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: West at war with Muslim world since 1920s?
Reply #30 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:13pm

freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2011 at 10:51pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:21am:
Quote:
It is a shame that Islam cannot return to such ideals. It is a shame that only The West is leading the way in Multiculturalism in our Brave New World.

Agreed 100%. But I think the return is already underway. The temporary state of affairs in the Muslim world is coming to an end as 1) The Muslims wake up and realise they can actually control their own destiny, and 2) The West lose their neo-colonialist grip on the region.

Sappho and Abu, would you like to see a return to the practice of exterminating non-Abrahamic religions?

I'm the wrong person to ask Freediver. I have already made the point that multiculturalism is not the same thing as multi theism which is another defining element of The West and not Islam.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:42pm

Sappho wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:13pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 16th, 2011 at 10:51pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Sep 14th, 2011 at 6:21am:
Quote:
It is a shame that Islam cannot return to such ideals. It is a shame that only The West is leading the way in Multiculturalism in our Brave New World.

Agreed 100%. But I think the return is already underway. The temporary state of affairs in the Muslim world is coming to an end as 1) The Muslims wake up and realise they can actually control their own destiny, and 2) The West lose their neo-colonialist grip on the region.

Sappho and Abu, would you like to see a return to the practice of exterminating non-Abrahamic religions?

I'm the wrong person to ask Freediver. I have already made the point that multiculturalism is not the same thing as multi theism which is another defining element of The West and not Islam.

You made a refernce to a 'return' to certain values in Islam. Did you have anything in mind, or were you just referring to a movement away from the 'durka durka jihad jihad' type of Islam?

How can you have multiculturalism without multitheism? I direct the same question at Abu.

Quote:
In fact Islam was far more multicultural 1400 years ago, than the west was only 40 years ago.

Was the west stoning apostates to death and wiping out non-Christians 40 years ago?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #32 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:56pm

Sappho,

Quote:
I have already made the point that multiculturalism is not the same thing as multi theism which is another defining element of The West and not Islam.

But Islam also afforded multi-theistic rights to its citizens, again, at a time when the surrounding domains did not. In a time when Christian Europe would not permit a single Muslim to live on its soil, Christians lived peacefully with their Muslim & Jewish neighbours all throughout the Caliphate.

fd,

Quote:
Was the west stoning apostates to death and wiping out non-Christians 40 years ago?

I think the preferred method was hanging from a tree:

Although setting their houses on fire with them inside, so you get the whole family in one foul swoop was also popular, as was tying them to the back of yer automobile and seeing how long they can keep up.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 7:33pm

Quote:
But Islam also afforded multi-theistic rights to its citizens

Can you explain how disregarding evidence in court from non-Muslims fits into this, or stoning apostates to death, or the treatment of non-Abrahamic religions? Are these the tenets of Islam that people had to reject in order to adopt multiculturalism? Or do you not see any conflict between these practices and multiculturalism?

It is a simple question Abu. I hope I don't have repeat it over ten pages to get a striaght answer from you.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #34 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 9:09pm

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 7:33pm:
Quote:
But Islam also afforded multi-theistic rights to its citizens

Can you explain how disregarding evidence in court from non-Muslims fits into this, or stoning apostates to death, or the treatment of non-Abrahamic religions? Are these the tenets of Islam that people had to reject in order to adopt multiculturalism? Or do you not see any conflict between these practices and multiculturalism?

It is a simple question Abu. I hope I don't have repeat it over ten pages to get a striaght answer from you.

1) Testimony from non-Muslims is accepted, this is covered in the misconceptions sticky thread, please read it before posting here thanks.

2) Apostasy (or treason as it's called when not trying to make propaganda) has also been dealt with on numerous occasions, please change the record.

3) There's plenty of examples of non-Abrahamic religions under Islam, like Buddhism, Hinduism etc. Please do some rudimentary reading of history before posing these nonsensical questions.

I'll take your lack of pursuing the other lines of questioning as you conceding you have no ground to stand on. As usual no need to actually admit you are full of it, we can all see it for ourselves.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 9:29pm

Quote:
1) Testimony from non-Muslims is accepted, this is covered in the misconceptions sticky thread, please read it before posting here thanks.

Yes Abu I have read it, but it does not address the issue I raise. I did not suggest that non-Muslims are forbidden from giving evidence. We have gone over this before, but it is you who feigns stupidity.

Quote:
2) Apostasy (or treason as it's called when not trying to make propaganda) has also been dealt with on numerous occasions, please change the record.

By 'dealt with' you mean deflected right?

Quote:
3) There's plenty of examples of non-Abrahamic religions under Islam, like Buddhism, Hinduism etc.

Hence my question about whether this involves a rejection of Islamic principles. You seem to switch very conveniently between the actual Islamic stance and examples of what has happened occasionally over a 1400 year period of history, like in your misonceptions thread.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 10:54pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 6:56pm:
Sappho,

Quote:
I have already made the point that multiculturalism is not the same thing as multi theism which is another defining element of The West and not Islam.

But Islam also afforded multi-theistic rights to its citizens, again, at a time when the surrounding domains did not. In a time when Christian Europe would not permit a single Muslim to live on its soil, Christians lived peacefully with their Muslim & Jewish neighbours all throughout the Caliphate.

fd,

Quote:

I think the preferred method was hanging from a tree:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/Lynching2.jpg/250px-Lyn...
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/26/Lynching-of-woman-1911....

Although setting their houses on fire with them inside, so you get the whole family in one foul swoop was also popular, as was tying them to the back of yer automobile and seeing how long they can keep up.

I think they call them strange fruits, my friend.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:17pm

Quote:
West at war with Muslim world since 1920s?

The Muslim world has a pretty good record for being at war with itself.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:27am

freediver wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 9:29pm:
By 'dealt with' you mean deflected right?

Whats this FD. Didn't you state that Abu disagrees with my assertion that apostasy has to do with treason?

Wouldn't be caught telling 'another lie' would you now FD.

Only one that has been found 'deflecting' here, time and time again, is your good self, deflecting from the truth.

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #39 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:28am

Grey wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:17pm:
Quote:

As opposed to the west?

Try as we may have, we cannot even begin to compare with WW1 and WW2.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 1:32pm

Lestat wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:28am:
Grey wrote on Sep 17th, 2011 at 11:17pm:
Quote:

As opposed to the west?

Try as we may have, we cannot even begin to compare with WW1 and WW2.

Exactly. Too backward and tinted.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:50pm

Quote:
Whats this FD. Didn't you state that Abu disagrees with my assertion that apostasy has to do with treason?

He said that a year or two back, but has refused to talk about it since then. Apparently I am using it against him. I have several follow up questions I am interested in discussing. For example, he also said Shites were apostates, which leads to the obvious question of whether this would justify stoning shites to death.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #42 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 12:04am

fd, the issue was dealt with quite clearly.

You need to learn to stop mistaking boredom with your repetitive questioning and unwillingness to answer.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 9:37am

freediver wrote on Sep 19th, 2011 at 9:50pm:
Quote:

He said that a year or two back, but has refused to talk about it since then. Apparently I am using it against him. I have several follow up questions I am interested in discussing. For example, he also said Shites were apostates, which leads to the obvious question of whether this would justify stoning shites to death.

Actually he didn't, but it is well known you have a long history of lying. Why stop now.

And we both know you have no interest in the topic, in fact who have shown your ignorance and bigotry time and time again.

And you wonder why we laugh at you.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 9:20pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:12pm:
Quote:
but you especially object to them talking in a gay way, having their own culture, and riding round on floats with their arse cheeks hanging out?

Islamically, someone who'd taken it this far would've apostasised and the Islamic ruling for apostasy would now apply to him. Talking is not part of this though, as some people have lisps and other speech impediments which cause them to talk like that. Whether it's hormone related or not, the speech in itself is not forbidden. However, if it's done intentionally to emulate women, then yes it's forbidden.

Hope that clears it all up. Please don't keep going on with this nonsense, it's really a distasteful topic to keep discussing. You might find it pleasant, I personally don't.

freediver wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:32pm:
and the Islamic ruling for apostasy would now apply to him

What is that again? I think there was some abiguity last time we touched on that.

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:44pm:
Quote:
What is that again? I think there was some abiguity last time we touched on that.

Not from me, perhaps with Malik. Apostasy is a capital offense.

Do you still think I am lying Les? I believe we have gone over this before, but as soon as it got to me posting that quote, you suddenly got all shy on me. Do you think that Abu has posted any further clarification on who he wants to stone to death for being the wrong type of Muslim?

Do you think being gay is plotting against the state and we are 'misrepresenting' what Abu posted?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print