Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shock: Stating the truth in advertising pays off! (Read 2720 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Shock: Stating the truth in advertising pays off!
Sep 10th, 2011 at 3:41pm

It became the ad read around the nation and, after nearly 121,000 views, it's proved that speaking the bald truth in property advertisements not only works but attracts an enormous amount of attention.

Ben Rawling's problem was simple: he needed a housemate but his Bondi flat was, well, an expensive dump. The solution?

On the Gumtree ad, Ben was frank but creative about what was available for $300 a week: "Crap place. Great location and view."

"Ludicrously overpriced, with carpet stained like an infant's undies and a truly appealing paint job ... no, I meant a peeling paint job ... this two-bedroom top floor North Bondi flat is perfect for the blind and/or less discriminating flatmate ... As for me, I work (as little as humanly possible) in media/marketing, ergo, I'm a complete tosser. On a positive note, I am house broken and have no criminal record."

Despite the ad going viral on the internet, only about 10 people turned up to see the two-bedroom apartment, which is exactly what Mr Rawlings wanted.

"I called it like it is to avoid having people coming through the house and waste my time and waste their time that aren't suited to it," he told Private Property after he chose a flatmate last week.

http://smh.domain.com.au/real-estate-news/shock-truth-in-advertising-pays-off-20...

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print