Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Does Islam promote necrophilia? (Read 14954 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Does Islam promote necrophilia?
Reply #15 - Jan 9th, 2012 at 8:11am

Lestat wrote on Jul 8th, 2011 at 9:53am:
A quick look at google should answer your question, and if you'd bothered you'd see that how the majority of muslims have reacted to this nonsence.

Assalaamu alaykum brothers and sisters. When seeking a dollop of common sense it's best not to seek the views of a muslim. I am a New Age Muslim and I know how strange our alleged religion is.

Subhâna-Llâh.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #16 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 2:42pm

"An Imam in Morocco issued a fatwa stating that necrophilia is “Halal” or religiously acceptable practice in Islam. He said that a husband has the right to have sex with his dead wife."

Is this guy the full quid, or was he a recent inmate of an asylum?

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #17 - Jan 10th, 2012 at 7:51pm

He is a respected Islamic scholar - an 'Alem' - and can claim his rulings to be laws for the Muslim community. It is my understanding that he was actually appointed to the role of issuing fatwas on unusual topics and is considered to be an expert. If Abu could get past his burning desire to insult everyone, inlcuding Muslim scholars, he might realise there is a bit more to this.

For example, this is a response from the online Islamic community that Abu directed me to - the highest google response that went into more detail:

http://www.moroccoboard.com/viewpoint/124-zouhair-baghough-/5239-freak-show-necrophilia-is-now-halal-in-morocco

Quote:
Zemzami is empowered to produce Islamic rulings that can easily be considered an obligation on the Muslim community in Morocco; As a Alem, an Islamic Scholar, his Fatwas are norms. He can claim to actually dictate what we, as members of the Ummah, should do or not do.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #18 - Jan 11th, 2012 at 1:57pm

Perhaps then the police should be keeping closer watch on the morgues just in case.
Can't be too careful.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:15pm

freediver wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 6:49pm:
Does Islam promote necrophilia?

And if so, do what implications does it have for nthe limit on the number of wives you may have?

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 4th, 2011 at 3:19pm:
The Quran tells you 91 times to follow the example that Mohammad set.

Mohammad had sex with his wife fatima when she was dead to ensure she went to paradise.

If Mohammad did it that makes it OK for muslims to do it!

Here is Fatwa reminding muslims that necrophilia is an acceptable practice in Islam.

http://my.telegraph.co.uk/markulyseas/markulyseas/1311/fatwa-necrophilia-is-an-a...

I found a video of this imam necrophilia is halal-
www.youtube.com/watch?v=taZngkAhCNM

Lisa Jones wrote on Jul 7th, 2011 at 1:07am:
http://my.telegraph.co.uk/markulyseas/markulyseas/1311/fatwa-necrophilia-is-an-a...

Fatwa: Necrophilia Is An Acceptable Practice In Islam

Washington / Morocco Board News--An Imam in Morocco issued a fatwa stating that necrophilia is “Halal” or religiously acceptable practice in Islam. He said that a husband has the right to have sex with his dead wife.

The Imam, whose name is Zamzami Abdelbari, said that marriage remains valid even after death, which does not cancel the marriage link. He took as evidence a Koranic verse which says that Muslims believers will go to Paradise with their wives…

Sheikh Zamzami said that the husband has the right to have sex with his dead wife. He added that the husband may wash the body of his dead wife and have sex with her.

Quote:
Egypt's women urge MP's not to pass early marriage, sex after death laws

Egypt's National Council for Women has appealed to the Islamist dominated parliament not to approve two controversial laws on the minimum age of marriage and allowing a husband to have sex with his dead wife within 6 hours of her death

Source-http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/25/210198.html

Who would have thought the Arab spring would have made necrophilia a legitimate practice in Egypt in 2012?

Perhaps this is another example of the superior morality in Islam.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #20 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:29pm

freediver wrote on Jul 9th, 2011 at 9:07am:
Quote:
But no, once again, you choose to take the word of one nutter

No Les. I chose to ask you and Abu your opinion.

That's two nutters, then. How many Islamist nutters does it take to ... oh, never mind!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:31pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 6:15pm:
[quote]
Egypt's women urge MP's not to pass early marriage, sex after death laws

Egypt's National Council for Women has appealed to the Islamist dominated parliament not to approve two controversial laws on the minimum age of marriage and allowing a husband to have sex with his dead wife within 6 hours of her death

Source-http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2012/04/25/210198.html

Al Arabiya, eh? The well-known Zionist news agency. I thought so.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:18pm

Al-Arabiyyah is the propganda wing of the pro-US Saudi dictatorship.

It is odd that no Egyptian newspaper has reported such a strange story.

Nothing is worthy of worship except God Almighty - our Creator!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #23 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:02pm

falah wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:18pm:

I see. The Kingdom of SA is now a Zionist subsidiary. That's why you can enter it if you a Jew. Makes sense - if you are an  Islamist nutter.

In any case, it sounds all so plausible that when the 'Arab Spring' chappies (ie jihadi nutters, aka Muslim Brotherhood) have a dominant position in a country, this kind of debate is on the agenda. Considering the outlandish nonsense that Islam imposes on its followers, this is entirely plausible. People ask themselves - 'could they be really this crazy?" - and answer, 'Well, probably. Nothing can be ruled out with these sort of people'.

So, even if it is all made-up satire, it hits the mark exactly.

IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:09pm

Soren wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:02pm:
falah wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 7:18pm:

I see. The Kingdom of SA is now a Zionist subsidiary. That's why you can enter it if you a Jew. Makes sense - if you are an  Islamist nutter.

Of course Jews enter Saudi Arabia. It is only nutters like you that make up rumours about Jews not being allowed there.

Even this Jewish Israeli newspaper admits that it is only a rumour.

Saudi Arabia denies discriminating against Jewish passengers

http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/saudi-arabia-denies-discriminating-against-j...

Jewish Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright in Saudi Arabia:

IP Logged

Avram Horowitz
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #25 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:16pm

Arab countrys discriminate to Israeli passport holders.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:20pm

falah wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:09pm:
Jewish Secretary of State, Madeleine Albright in Saudi Arabia:

http://img.timeinc.net/time/daily/2000/0012/saudi1204.jpg

Look at the hussy!! All that HAIR!!

Phwoar!!

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #27 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 12:03am

I find it most apt that this subject has been dug up again.

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 8:41am

Abu and Falah, is the 6 hour time limit for necrophilia a reasonable interpretation of Islamic law, or is it too restrictive?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

falah
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 10:56pm

It says a lot about you Freediverthat you believed that this story was true.

Quote:
Egypt 'necrophilia law'? Hooey, utter hooey.

'Necrophilia law'? Don't believe everything you read on the Internet, kids. At least until there's like, you know, some proof.

Today, Egypt's state-owned Al Ahram newspaper published an opinion piece by Amr Abdul Samea, a past stalwart supporter of the deposed Hosni Mubarak, that contained a bombshell: Egypt's parliament is considering passing a law that would allow husbands to have sex with their wives after death.

It was soon mentioned in an English language version of Al-Arabiya and immediately started zipping around social-networking sites. By this afternoon it had set news sites and the rest of the Internet on fire. It has every thing: The yuck factor, "those creepy Muslims" factor, the lulz factor for those with a sick sense of humor. The non-fact-checked Daily Mail picked it up and reported it as fact. Then Andrew Sullivan, who has a highly influential blog but is frequently lax about fact-checking, gave it a boost with an uncritical take. The Huffington Post went there, too.

There's of course one problem: The chances of any such piece of legislation being considered by the Egyptian parliament for a vote is zero. And the chance of it ever passing is less than that. In fact, color me highly skeptical that anyone is even trying to advance a piece of legislation like this through Egypt's parliament. I'm willing to be proven wrong. It's possible that there's one or two lawmakers completely out of step with the rest of parliament. Maybe.

But extreme, not to mention inflammatory claims, need at minimum some evidence (and I've read my share of utter nonsense in Al Ahram over the years). The evidence right now? Zero.

There was a Moroccan cleric a few years back who apparently did issue a religious ruling saying that husbands remained married to their wives in the first six hours after death and, so, well, you know. But that guy is far, far out on the nutty fringe. How fringe? He also ruled that pregnant women can drink alcohol. Remember, alcohol is considered haram, forbidden, by the vast majority of the world's Muslim scholars. Putting an unborn child at risk to get drunk? No, that's just not what they do. Whatever the mainstream's unpalatable beliefs (there are plenty from my perspective) this isn't one of them.

It's important to remember that the structure of the Muslim clergy is, by and large, like that of a number of Protestant Christian sects. Anyone can put out a shingle and declare themselves a preacher. The ones to pay attention to are the ones with large followings, or attachment to major institutions of Islamic learning. The preacher in Morocco is like the preacher in Florida who spent so much time and energy publicizing the burning of Qurans.

Stories like this are a reminder of the downside of the Internet. It makes fact-checking and monitoring easier. But the proliferation of aggregation sites, newsy blog sites, and the general erosion of editorial standards (and on-the-ground reporters to do the heavy lifting) also spreads silliness faster than it ever could before.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Backchannels/2012/0426/Egypt-necrophilia-law-Hooe...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print