Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print
Israel/Palestine (Read 27773 times)
Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Israel/Palestine
May 23rd, 2011 at 7:49am

A thread to discuss how peace can ever be brought to the 'Holy land'.

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Israel/Palestine
Reply #1 - May 23rd, 2011 at 7:56am

Quote:
Grey -moved from Beyond ABC.

Earle Qaeda

Australian Politics

Obama's Palestine Plan
May 20th, 2011, 6:36pm   Okay, how do we all feel about the lad's two state idea? A good start says I. 
Back to top            IP Logged

Grey

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Obama's Palestine Plan
Reply #1 - May 20th, 2011, 6:53pm   He's probably gone as far as he politically can. I've never been a fan of a two state solution. It has after all been a failed policy for over 60 years. A Palestinian state would be an instant failed state with no water and  no money. Hard liners like Liebermann would drive Israels Arabs into it to get rid of the 'womb bomb'. Rockets would fly over the wall, situation normal.

The only solution that MIGHT produce peace in the long term is a multi-state federal system with Jerusalem as a capital territory. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The strategic adversary is fascism... the fascism in us all, in our heads and in our everyday behavior, the fascism that causes us to love power, & desire the very thing that dominates and exploits us    IP Logged

Earle Qaeda

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - May 21st, 2011, 5:24am   A multi-state federal system? Are you talking something akin to our glorious commonwealth?  I can't see that working. It would just be a continuation of the subjugation by Israel that we've seen for the last several decades. On the face of it the two state concept at least allows for Palestinian self determination & (hopefully) would grant them international status. Boy, just imagine if they were admitted to NATO!

Perhaps those rockets would continue but I'd like to think that with a proper grounding in the internatinal community the more moderate Palestinian influences would rise to the top. Given self determination  & the opportunity for economic development their focus could be broader than just hating Israel. Both parties might end up being just being neighbours - bad neighbours perhaps. But better that than captor & prisoner.

You're right about li'l Lieberman. And he's supposed to be a democrat! Anyway, it's a nice try by Obama but there is such a sizeable Israel lobby in the US  I doubt he will achieve much with it. 
Back to top            IP Logged

jalane33

Australian Politics

SEQ
Reply #3 - Today at 12:22am   Well -  Mr Netanyahu (?)  whom, it seems to me, was always going to be in this position at this time,  certainly told Obama the facts.!!

The reported 'Obama' stare - which was pretty evident in the televised interview between them, that I saw,  just didn't exist for Mr Netanyahu.

His manner was that , perhaps, of someone having to explain the obvious.

Obama's 'Plan' shows a worrying naivete on the part of the US Pres. IMO.   
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get up! stand up !stand up for your rights!! Mr Bob Marley      IP Logged

helian

Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Today at 6:57am   jalane33 wrote on Today at 12:22am:
Obama's 'Plan' shows a worrying naivete on the part of the US Pres. IMO.   
Where else but at the last internationally agreed position can you restart just negotiations?

Conviction is the art of being certain      IP Logged

Earle Qaeda

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Today at 7:40am   jalane33 wrote on Today at 12:22am:
Well -  Mr Netanyahu...

His manner was that , perhaps, of someone having to explain the obvious.

In other words, his manner was that perhaps of someone who is unprepared  & totally unwilling to accept any "solution" that deviates from the tried  & trusted jackboot approach of the last 60 years.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - May 23rd, 2011 at 8:26am

Grey wrote on May 23rd, 2011 at 7:49am:

Destroy ISLAM.

How ?

ISLAM is a lie, and truth is killing it.

We must never shrink from scrutinising and criticising the evil which ISLAM clearly is, and which ISLAM promotes.

+++

ISLAM IS A DEATH CULT....

"...If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."

hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:..."
Koran 9.111

IMAGES, of what ISLAM promotes in its adherents, the world over....

Arab world in revolt, how will the West fare
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1296163674/58#58

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #3 - May 23rd, 2011 at 12:13pm

Great, just what the middle east needs, a welfare state dependant upon others.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #4 - May 23rd, 2011 at 1:18pm

Yadda wrote on May 23rd, 2011 at 8:26am:

Destroy ISLAM.

How ?

We must never shrink from scrutinising and criticising the evil which ISLAM clearly is, and which ISLAM promotes.
+++

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods; for theirs (in return) is the garden (of Paradise): they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:..."
Koran 9.111

No, Sorry Yadda, I disagree with the idea of banning or destroying ANY religion...

Perhaps education is an answer, or reducing the influence religion has on it's adherents..
But bans or destruction leads to a very dark place...and should be avoided at all costs.....the 'Thought Police' concept is doubleplus ungood...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - May 23rd, 2011 at 3:16pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on May 23rd, 2011 at 1:18pm:

Destroy ISLAM.

How ?

+++

Koran 9.111

No, Sorry Yadda, I disagree with the idea of banning or destroying ANY religion...

Perhaps education is an answer, or reducing the influence religion has on it's adherents..
But bans or destruction leads to a very dark place...and should be avoided at all costs.....the 'Thought Police' concept is doubleplus ungood...

gizmo,

I agree with you, 90 %.

Please note my suggested: "How ?" above, of how ISLAM should be destroyed.

e.g.
Some people on this forum have suggested that the Koran should be banned.

I know that Sprint has previously made that suggestion in this forum.

I myself, totally DIS-agree, with such a path.

IMO, only by examining the Koran and Hadith [ISLAM's foundation religious texts], by being informed, can we understand what ISLAM truly is.

BUT [i suspect that you will strongly disagree with me here....], i would like to see those who self declare, as being moslems, removed [expelled] from Australia.

I do believe, that if we [Australians], have informed ourselves, and understand what ISLAM truly is, that [from my own point of view, regarding ISLAM] each of us has a moral responsibility to seek to separate ourselves, from moslems/ISLAM.

Why so ?

Firstly, because i could not in good conscience, be a moslem.

Knowing what i know about ISLAM [today], if i had been born into a moslem family, and if as i grew up, i subsequently informed myself about what my faith promoted, i would be ashamed to remain a moslem.

I would abandon ISLAM.

And it puzzles me, as to why moslems [who must know what ISLAM promotes], will not abandon it ???

I firmly believe that the fate of those,
1/ who choose to refuse to be informed [to inform themselves] about what ISLAM promotes, AND,
2/ those who choose to refuse to separate themselves from those, who self-declare "I am a moslem.", will in the 'hereafter', bear the consequences of that choice.

But i know that you, and many others, do not believe in a 'hereafter'.

Have a nice life.

+++

Romans 2:5
But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
6  Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
7  To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;
10  But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

nairbe
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Rural NSW
Reply #6 - May 23rd, 2011 at 8:33pm

Destroy ISLAM.

How ?

+++

Sad yadda very sad.

Koran 9.111

Both sides in this conflict are completely wrong. Do you think for one minute that if the Israel's thought they could get away with it they would put all the palestinian's in camps and take complete control. Sad but true.
The middle east is beginning to change all on its own, Israel should be careful or they will be on the outside of the next big wave of change.

"Faced with what is right, to leave it undone shows a lack of courage."
Confucius

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 24th, 2011 at 12:37am

Palestinians didn't start out as Islamists, many were Christians. I/P is not about religion it's about politics.

http://www.jewsagainstzionism.com/rabbinicalcourts/crc/documents/callfromcrc.pdf

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 24th, 2011 at 12:51am

JewsNotZionists - Neuburger

For over 60 years I have fought Zionism, as did my father before me, and I am therefore quite familiar with it. For those who have been in this fight for only the last ten or twenty years, what I have to say may be surprising or even shocking. Nevertheless these matters must be stated clearly and openly, because unless the disease of Zionism is diagnosed accurately, it cannot be cured. Too long have those opposed to Zionism engaged in daydreaming and wishful thinking. In order to recognize Zionism for what it is, one has to know about Judaism, about Zionism -- the opposite and negation of Judaism, and about Jewish history. In the time allotted to me, I am not going to talk about the actions of the Zionists; they will be adequately dealt with by others. As a Jew, I plan to discuss Zionism, which is rebellion against G-d and treason to the Jewish people.

http://www.jewsnotzionists.org/differencejudzion.html

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #9 - May 24th, 2011 at 1:00am

"and after the Moslems do to the French,
what the Germans did to the Jews"

"the Jewish 'leader' of power will say unto his Moslem 'people' of breeding 'Now lets unite as One and get those bloody Italians!'"

...after all this, such MILITARY actions will betray their attempts at Religion in the Middle-Eastern Region. Thus North America and Australia (with some help from South America ...but definately not from the Occidental region) will usher in the Golden Age and the True Religion of the Middle-East will be uncovered beyond the tainted touch of the African influenced Mohommedism, the Asian influenced Judaism and the European influenced Christianity.

"My precious" Wink

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #10 - May 24th, 2011 at 1:31am

yes israel stole palestine by proxy through the authority

of the UN

this is fact

namaste

forgive these zionists

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #11 - May 24th, 2011 at 1:36am

In order to recognize Zionism for what it is, one has to know about Judaism, about Zionism -- the opposite and negation of Judaism, and about Jewish history.

http://www.israelect.com/Come-and-Hear/editor/br_3.html

Blood Ritual
3: Human Sacrifice, the Talmud, and the Moloch Problem

No one today seriously suggests present-day Jews sacrifice children to Moloch. Moloch (sometimes spelled "Molech") was an Old Testament god whom the Hebrews worshipped from time to time, and to whom they sacrificed their children. The Babylonian Talmud, however, still permits Jews to sacrifice children to Moloch — under certain conditions.
LORD God Accepts Human Sacrifice
First, let's get perspective. Some mistakenly believe human sacrifice is forbidden in the Old Testament. Certainly, some of the prophets railed against it. But in at least one book, LORD God accepts human sacrifice. And in another book, LORD God is appeased by human sacrifice.
In the following account from the Book of Judges, the Israelite warrior Jephthah is about to set off to make war on the Ammonites. In payment for victory, Jephthah promises LORD God he will sacrifice the first "whatsoever" that comes from his house to greet him upon his return. Unless Jephthah keeps oxen, sheep, goats, or chickens in his living room, he must expect the promised victim will be a human being. Notice that Jephthah does not promise to sacrifice "an ox" or "a goat," etc. (7)

http://www.omegatimes.com/article.php?intid=1215

http://www.gaychristian101.com/Molech.html

i do not judge

i observe the his/her story of ancient worshipping this fire god moloch/

molech

forgive these blood drinking child sacrificing freemasons

these will go unto that which they do invoke

namaste

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #12 - May 24th, 2011 at 8:42am

Eliminate Hamas and their terrorist associates who are sworn to Israel's destruction at all costs.
This will need to happen, because Israel will have no interest in any negotiations whatsoever with terrorists whilst rockets land in Sderot residential areas.
The terrorists still hold SGT Gilat hostage after 4+ years.
Snipers still shoot at Israeli civilians, and mortar rounds are routinely fired into Israel.
If these terrorists lay down their arms, there will be peace.
If Israel lays down it's arms, there will be no more Israel.
Appeasement has a zero success score any where or any time in history in the world, and Israel is not stupid enough to believe they will cheat history of it's perfect record.
Israel will need to bury it's enemies, and then there will be peace.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #13 - May 24th, 2011 at 9:32am

nairbe wrote on May 23rd, 2011 at 8:33pm:
Quote:

Both sides in this conflict are completely wrong. Do you think for one minute that if the Israel's thought they could get away with it they would put all the palestinian's in camps and take complete control. Sad but true.

I assume you mean to say, the Israelis would would put all the 'Palestinians' in camps ?

IMO, the Israelis should annex Judea, Samaria and Gaza.

And expel their wicked, wicked, enemies.

Not one ISLAMIST should be allowed to set foot within Israel proper.

The ancient homeland of the Jewish people is Israel.

The ancient homeland of the Edomites, the 'Palestinians', is Jordan.

The 'Palestinians' have a homeland, a state, it is called Jordan.

IMO,
1/ There will never, ever, be peace in the M.E., as a consequence of mankind's efforts [we, mankind, are too wicked, for peace to 'breakout' in the M.E.].

2/ Moslems will never, ever, again, own that strip of land known as 'Israel'.

Soon, the ISLAMIST's will gather themselves, to come against Israel, one last time.

The world community will be 'appalled' at the consequences of this conflict.

Israel will be condemned [...for defending itself].

Then, the world community itself, will decide to 'step in', and the world community will bring their forces [on behalf of the ISLAMIST's] against Israel.

Google;
all nations will come against israel

The middle east is beginning to change all on its own, Israel should be careful or they will be on the outside of the next big wave of change.

Israel should be careful.

Israel should choose to separate herself, to be separate, from the great evil which surrounds her, which is presently emerging.

These are going to be very difficult days, for tiny Israel.

'The next big wave of change' ???

LOL

Look into their hearts.

The M.E. is not 'changing'.

The people of the M.E. are not, 'changing'.

The [majority of the] people of the M.E. will never, ever, choose to 'cast off', or abandon, the 'religion' which they love.

That 'religion', which they choose to embrace.

In all of this 'change', nothing will be 'resolved', ...for the good.

A great evil is rising - that is all.

What will occur in the M.E., as the dust settles, is that the people of the M.E. will more decisively assert who they are.

The emerging, and 'new' M.E. politics [because politics is a reflection of what is in the hearts of men], will more clearly reveal, what man is capable of.

The tribulation.

+++

The middle east is beginning to change....the next big wave of change.

No moslem has any true love, of liberty.

Some moslems do indeed, 'desire' liberty.

But for liberty to be sustained, men must exercise a spirit of individual responsibility, and a willingness to defend truth, to our cost.

But moslems have no respect [in their heart], for truth, or a willingness to be responsible.

ISLAM has taught moslems to more 'perfectly' desire only 'licence', to do 'what is permitted'.

Among a people generally corrupt, liberty cannot long exist.

Edmund Burke

None can love freedom so heartily, but good men; the rest have not freedom, but licence.

John Hamilton

Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

George Bernard Shaw

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2011 at 9:42am

chicken_lipsforme wrote on May 24th, 2011 at 8:42am:
Eliminate Hamas and their terrorist associates who are sworn to Israel's destruction at all costs.

You have it wrong, as usual. It is in fact the terrorist zionist entity Israel which is sworn and committed to the destruction of an arab presence in Palestine. Hamas is an organisation resisting persecution and suffering which is inflicted upon the Palestinians by Israel. It is Israeli's, who came from Europe and stole Palestinian land, not the other way around.

This will need to happen, because Israel will have no interest in any negotiations whatsoever with terrorists whilst rockets land in Sderot residential areas.

Sderot? Is this the town that was built on the ruins of the arab village of Najd. Yes, thats right, another arab village destroyed, its people evicted, and replaced with another Israeli 'settlement'. Its ironic that you talk about rockets landing on Sderot, when this town was built with the use of terrorist tactics.

The terrorists still hold SGT Gilat hostage after 4+ years.
Snipers still shoot at Israeli civilians, and mortar rounds are routinely fired into Israel.

Snipers? I know you zionist cannot help but lie, it is in your nature, but the only snipers are the Israeli pigs who shoot Palestinians school kids in the head whilst sitting in class.

http://articles.cnn.com/2004-10-12/world/mideast.violence_1_israeli-soldiers-pal...

Exactly who are the terrorists? Shooting a 10 year old girl whilst sitting in class.

There are numerous cases where the Zionists pigs deliberately target Palestinian children.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/children-articles.html

If these terrorists lay down their arms, there will be peace.

If the terrorists stop stealing innocent peoples land, bulldozing innocent peoples homes, stop murdering innocent children, and go back to Europe where they came from, there will be peace.

If Israel lays down it's arms, there will be no more Israel.

There should never have been an Israel to begin with. You Europeans have no right to displace native arabs from their homes, the land they have lived in for over 1500 years, far longer then any claim that Jews have that they ruled over the land.

Every dog has its day, and you will have yours.

Appeasement has a zero success score any where or any time in history in the world, and Israel is not stupid enough to believe they will cheat history of it's perfect record.

Correct, and this is why the Palestinians will never surrender. Palestinians will never be appeased. You will always live in fear, always. The pain felt by Palestinians will be felt by you zionist pigs.

When the arabs finally wake up (and they are waking up), and the despotic US backed puppets are finally removed, you will be next.

Already with the removal of Mubarak the pig, Egypt is opening its borders. Its the beginning of the end. When the borders are opened, and thousands of arabs join our Palestinian brothers..then you will reap the seeds that you have sown.

Perfect record? Yeah, if your into killing children. I guess to you it is perfect hey.

Israel will need to bury it's enemies, and then there will be peace.

There are over 1 billion muslims in the world, over 300 million arabs surrounding you. We breed faster then you. It is you who will be buried.

You have ruled Israel for 50 years, this is nothing but a pin drop in time. THe crusaders ruled Jerusalem for over 100 years...what happened to them?

You will be destroyed...it is inevetible.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 15
Send Topic Print