Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
One Bolt - and a Few Nuts (Read 26099 times)
Gold Member

WA
Re: One Bolt - and a Few Nuts
Reply #30 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:26am

Dsmithy70 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:20am:
... wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:15am:
weeeel the left have had 'insight' for some time now, so why complain that there is now a right-wing equivalent?

Insight???
If you meant "Insiders" bolt/ackerman/sheridan etc are(were in dolts case) given a run every week.

I dunno.  Jenny brockie, a bunch of idealistic arts students bleating loudly about how 'progresive' they are.....I was sure it was insight.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:28am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:48am:
cods wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:41am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:30am:
mozzaok wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:27am:
he preaches to the selfish, ignorant, and stupid, and to those so totally blinkered by political partisanship, .

You realize you've just described Buzz?

Grin

lol... and she likes the new pick a loser system of trading in humans with Malaysia they actually thinks its fair...I feel sick.sorry

I really cant see how we can sink any lower...I am in shock to be honest that someone could come up with this idea.. its appalling.

Who would have thought the bastion of humanity that is the Labor party would engage is people trading eh?

Well the party that didn't win an election, lost a majority after one term, is shedding support like an illegal loses their documents, dumps its elected leader and sells out to the Green nutbags and a couple of independents -

I guess anything is game on to stay in power.

What a sordid mess Australia has become.

and have you also noticed... not a thread on this subject from the hardleft..

just a whinge about BOLT... as if?..

makes me sick to my stomach that they can whinge and whinge about anything Liberal

yet are as silent as the grave on a topic of people trading...

what hypocrites... what bizarre hypocrites..

they claim Howard was god awful bad for sending well trained soldiers into Iraq... yet they will send what they perceive to be refugees.. into the jaws of hell In Malyasia....

remember these fact about this countries treatment of refugees/asylum seekers/boat people is unhumane..

and we know of this.....yet  this is the plan they have come up with to deter boat people... my god and not a word of condemnation from the diehard worshippers.

I find it so hard that someone can start a thread on a TV program thats so much more important isnt it?

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #32 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:28am

Cods, Singapore is awesome.

If ever I had to take a day between the Melbourne - London flight, I'd change at Singapore.

It has all of the Western areas that we like and none of those that we don't.

Cleanest streets and shopping plazas you will ever see, no riff-raff hanging around, well policed and people are incredibly polite.

A terrific place. I have friends who went there on secondment and never left. 10 years later they are still there.

However the heat and humidity is something else.
I played golf one day and reckon I lost about a stone in weight.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:31am

buzzanddidj wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 12:57am:
Not having seen every attempt at television current affairs in Australia, it is impossible to judge The Bolt Report the worst. But surely it comes close.

Andrew Bolt’s Sunday morning shift from panellist on ABC Insiders to his own show on [size=16]
Network Ten has brought talk-back to TV, but it didn't bring a pulse.

[...] etc

More colour please.

I didn't watch the show and have no intention to do so. I would ask you to please don't drag the drivel from The Political Sword into Ozpolitics. Over there the ALP crew are working on slogans and one or two just happen to mention Bolt and two nuts etc. We can do without the bile.

*** More colour please. How 'bout a nice shade of puce?

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #34 - May 10th, 2011 at 10:57am

... wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:26am:
Dsmithy70 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:20am:
... wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:15am:
weeeel the left have had 'insight' for some time now, so why complain that there is now a right-wing equivalent?

Insight???
If you meant "Insiders" bolt/ackerman/sheridan etc are(were in dolts case) given a run every week.

I dunno.  Jenny brockie, a bunch of idealistic arts students bleating loudly about how 'progresive' they are.....I was sure it was insight.

Yep that's Insight, I found it more of just a issue discussion show rather than any particular political slant.
But I haven't watched for awhile.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - May 10th, 2011 at 11:10am

cods wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:28am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:48am:
cods wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:41am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:30am:
mozzaok wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:27am:
he preaches to the selfish, ignorant, and stupid, and to those so totally blinkered by political partisanship, .

You realize you've just described Buzz?

Grin

lol... and she likes the new pick a loser system of trading in humans with Malaysia they actually thinks its fair...I feel sick.sorry

I really cant see how we can sink any lower...I am in shock to be honest that someone could come up with this idea.. its appalling.

Who would have thought the bastion of humanity that is the Labor party would engage is people trading eh?

Well the party that didn't win an election, lost a majority after one term, is shedding support like an illegal loses their documents, dumps its elected leader and sells out to the Green nutbags and a couple of independents -

I guess anything is game on to stay in power.

What a sordid mess Australia has become.

and have you also noticed... not a thread on this subject from the hardleft..

just a whinge about BOLT... as if?..

makes me sick to my stomach that they can whinge and whinge about anything Liberal

yet are as silent as the grave on a topic of people trading...

what hypocrites... what bizarre hypocrites..

they claim Howard was god awful bad for sending well trained soldiers into Iraq... yet they will send what they perceive to be refugees.. into the jaws of hell In Malyasia....

remember these fact about this countries treatment of refugees/asylum seekers/boat people is unhumane..

and we know of this.....yet  this is the plan they have come up with to deter boat people... my god and not a word of condemnation from the diehard worshippers.

I find it so hard that someone can start a thread on a TV program thats so much more important isnt it?

Ohhhhhooooooohhhhhhhhhh!!! THE HUMANITY!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #36 - May 10th, 2011 at 11:25am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 10:28am:
I played golf one day and reckon I lost about a stone in weight.

A stray ball knocked your head off ?

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #37 - May 10th, 2011 at 11:40am

buzzanddidj wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:51am:
Please delete wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:09am:
Can someone from the right please explain the attraction of commentators like Bolt?

Do you perceive that there is a leftie commentator in a similar role?

NONE that is such an egotist and self promoter

NONE that is so sparing with facts and truths

NONE who is so quick to dismiss anyone who disagrees with him as an "idiot"

I've just REALISED !

That sounds like an amalgam of two of my "followers"

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - May 10th, 2011 at 12:04pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:49am:
Meanwhile in the United States we are seeing good debate in the lead-up to the next election, good economic quarterly figures and we are seeing the country remove the most wanted man in the world in a highly successful execution operation overseas.

How the wheel turns eh?

Glad to see you have changed your mind about Obama then.

Makes you wonder what else you have been completely wrong about.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #39 - May 10th, 2011 at 12:23pm

darkhall67 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 12:04pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 9:49am:
Meanwhile in the United States we are seeing good debate in the lead-up to the next election, good economic quarterly figures and we are seeing the country remove the most wanted man in the world in a highly successful execution operation overseas.

How the wheel turns eh?

Yep if you print enough money you are bound to believe the illusion that your troubles are behind you NOT in front.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #40 - May 10th, 2011 at 2:26pm

chicken_lipsforme wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 7:05am:
It appears that Andrew Bolt certainly does not suit the Left's agenda at all.
Perhaps they could get their own tree hugging program together.

They do. Its called Insight.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - May 10th, 2011 at 3:55pm

DILLIGAF wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 2:26pm:

How is Insight "left" exactly? Gerard Henderson, Andrew Bolt, Piers Ackerman, Chris Uhlmann. The shows entire raison d'etre is to piss off the lefties.

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #42 - May 10th, 2011 at 3:57pm

astro_surf wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
DILLIGAF wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 2:26pm:

How is Insight "left" exactly? Gerard Henderson, Andrew Bolt, Piers Ackerman, Chris Uhlmann. The shows entire raison d'etre is to piss off the lefties.

LOL...I suppose the audience is an accurate cross-section of society in your mind too?

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #43 - May 10th, 2011 at 3:57pm

Nope, the economic recovery would have happened no matter who the current President.
In fact I believe it has happened in spite of the current leader.

He does deserve congratulations for authorizing the raid on Bin Laden and removing his as a threat to this country.

However Obama has proved to be exactly the do-nothing failure I predicted he would be in 2008.

The only good thing about his election was the fact it meant that power-hungry witch Clinton was not elected.
That woman would step on her dead grandmother to grab power.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

darkhall67
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - May 10th, 2011 at 4:53pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 3:57pm:

Nope, the economic recovery would have happened no matter who the current President.
In fact I believe it has happened in spite of the current leader.

He does deserve congratulations for authorizing the raid on Bin Laden and removing his as a threat to this country.

However Obama has proved to be exactly the do-nothing failure I predicted he would be in 2008.

The only good thing about his election was the fact it meant that power-hungry witch Clinton was not elected.
That woman would step on her dead grandmother to grab power.

Amazing how blind people can be , even when they live in the country they are talking about.

Obama has been one the most productive presidents in history.
I read somewhere when he was getting graded on his first year that he was the most legislative successful president since roosevelt.

"I know this is supposed to be Barack Obama’s summer of discontent. The oil spill is still gushing; the economy is still floundering; the Afghan war is deteriorating; Americans don’t find him so charming anymore. But have you noticed that when it comes to actual policy, he keeps racking up the wins? This week it was financial-regulatory reform. One can argue about whether the bill the Senate passed will truly change the way Wall Street operates, but off the top of your head, can you name a more significant piece of progressive legislation signed by either of the last two Democratic presidents? Neither can I. And that goes for Obama’s stimulus package and his health-care reform as well. All of which means that, legislatively at least, Obama has exceeded in 18 months what Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter achieved in a combined 12 years. By summer’s end, he’ll also have shepherded two young liberal justices on to the Supreme Court.
But even if Obama never manages another legislative victory, he’ll already have pulled off one of the most impressive opening acts in American political history. The question is why we’re paying so little attention.

The answer is that the media views policy through the lens of politics. Unless a policy victory brings political benefits—rising poll numbers, better prospects for the next elections—it is not treated as a big win. Thus, the Tea Party movement is considered an ominous sign for Obama, evidence that the country is turning against him. But the reason that the Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin crowd is so angry is that Obama has expanded the federal government’s relationship with the private sector in fundamental ways. In political terms, the Tea Party movement may be a sign of Obama’s weakened position, but in policy terms, it is a testament to his success. As shrewd conservatives like David Frum recognize, the current mood of Republican optimism is wildly misplaced. When Republicans refused to compromise with Obama on health care, they gambled that he wouldn’t, or couldn’t, push through reform with only Democratic support. Then, when he did, they insisted that he was destroying his chances of passing future legislation. Now he’s proved them wrong again."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-06-28/obamas-winning-streak-...

A "do nothing failure"?

Yeah right.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print