Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
When will Labor/Greens get the MESSAGE ??? (Read 18340 times)
stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: When will the Labor get the MESSAGE ???
Reply #15 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:15pm

Quote:
Yer, well...it seems that many of your fellow right whingers are too thick to respond to Abbott's thinly-veiled inciting of hatred of 'PM Bob Brown'

Hang on Equitist, I THINK know where your going with this, maybe along the way you might imply because Tony Abbott is somewhat of a commited Catholic believer you would believe he would incite hatred against Bob Brown because he is a homosexual and these people according to the Catholic Church are a big NO NO NO to them.

Correct ?????  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #16 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:47pm

Soren wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:18pm:
cods wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:55pm:
are you telling me 8 thousand Getup members are WRONG???????

Not possible. There is no way thousands of sociology/cultural studies undegraduates can be wrong. That's, like, no way, man, seriously, trust me, like, wow! Can't think it!

I'd recomend going with the 25 or so Liberal pensioners. - how could they be wrong?

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Quote:
I'd recomend going with the 25 or so Liberal pensioners. - how could they be wrong?

Oh yes and many like those liberal pensioners that you seem to look down apon making up THAT majority going against the Carbon tax, that majority must **** you off a little, hey Dnaever,  Grin

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: When will Labor/Greens get the MESSAGE ???
Reply #18 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 11:19am

You Laborites take a deep breath and absorb this perspective.

JULIA GILLIARD IS THE PRIME MINISTER, Not Tony abbott.

JULIA GILLIARD MADE GROSS GIGANTIC POLITICAL MISCALCULATIONS THATS RUINING HER OWN PARTY, Not Tony Abbott.

EVERYONE IS TURNING AGAINST JULIA GILLIARD, Not Tony Abbott.

Absorb this and maybe you might move on,  Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:14pm

stryder wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:53pm:
THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA DOESNT WANT THE CARBON TAX, PERIOD, KAPULT, FINITO.....

Actually, in most polls, although a clear majority reject carbon taxing, when asked whether they would be more or less likely to support a tax if households are compensated a majority say more likely.

That doesn't imply support for the tax but it does imply tjhat people are open to changing their minds once the full details of the package haven been finalised.

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:26pm

Quote:
Actually, in most polls, although a clear majority reject carbon taxing, when asked whether they would be more or less likely to support a tax if households are compensated a majority say more likely

Oh and on top of that, Bob Brown admitted the Carbon tax will COST JOBS, AND SEND PEOPLE UNEMPLOYED, COMPENSATION WONT HELP THOSE WHO MIGHT LOSE THERE JOBS FROM THIS ??

Yeah, astro boy, Im sure they will ACCEPT THAT ON TOP TOO,  Grin Grin

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:49pm

astro_surf wrote on Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:14pm:
THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA DOESNT WANT THE CARBON TAX, PERIOD, KAPULT, FINITO.....

Actually, in most polls, although a clear majority reject carbon taxing, when asked whether they would be more or less likely to support a tax if households are compensated a majority say more likely.

That doesn't imply support for the tax but it does imply tjhat people are open to changing their minds once the full details of the package haven been finalised.

a lot of people will support a carbon tax if it costs THEM absolutely nothing.  why this is a surprise is beyond me. But as soon as it is going to cost them something significant - and it will - suddenly they think a bit harder about it. that is the problem with a lot of the supposed polls on the carbon tax. all they do is say would u support it if compensated fully. of course most people say yes! but as soon as it is going to cost them money support plunges.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Maeve

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 1:54pm

a lot of people will support a carbon tax if it costs THEM absolutely nothing.

Maybe the dumb ones,  but why would you support a TAX that does nothing for the environment and just goes to the government.  I don't know anyone who supports it whether it costs or not.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #23 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 2:26pm

It will come down to the next election and what is offered by the two major parties!!!

Labor will by all accounts have a carbon tax that will compensate most Australian's and move towards a fully fledged emissions trading scheme....A policy that is considered the best way to address climate change by most economists.....They will also be rolling out the NBN across the nation to provide high speed broadband to the majority of Australian's.....Health reforms and the national education curriculum will also be rolling out across the nation.....All things that will be in jeopardy if the Coalition win government!!!

Compare this to Abbott's plan to dump the carbon tax on polluters thus forgoing the revenue it generates....They would also stop the NBN denying communities high speed broadband where it has not been completed.....Then he will strip away any compensation as it will not longer be needed.....Then he will have to cut Government spending or raise taxes to afford to pay the big polluters to cut emissions at taxpayers expense.....A policy that has been condemned as being expensive and inefficient.....Greg Hunt must rely on dubious studies and fudging CSIRO data to prove he has no idea.....the Coalitions climate change policy is an absolute mess!!!

Labor the Greens and Independents all know what is at stake at the next election.....Why do you think they are forging ahead to be sure they get the best outcome for there communities....They are not as stupid as the Coalition are taking them for....Abbott is desperate to bring down the government before the next election where he will have to provide real policy alternatives....His only option is to rush to an election where he will have an excuse for lacking substance and having no policies!!!

Smiley

« Last Edit: Apr 16th, 2011 at 2:34pm by philperth2010 »  

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 3:01pm

Labor will by all accounts have a carbon tax that will compensate most Australian's and move towards a fully fledged emissions trading scheme

Not even labor says most people will be compensated. even they - without a single detail - only say SOME will be compensated.

and lets not forget the experience of the EU with their ETS. the economy is in ruins around them and their emissions have not change one iota! not exactly the kind of referecen for a carbon tax, is it?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 3:05pm

They will also be rolling out the NBN across the nation to provide high speed broadband to the majority of Australian's.....

85% of the country already does. the yawn factor over the NBN is pretty high among communities who will be offered a landline (which they already have and are hardly using) and a 12Mbps internet which most already have via ADLS 2+.

remember the incredibly low take-up rate of the NBN in Tasmania? it was FREE and they still didnt want it.  it has been the same experience overseas as well eg in Singapore.

the NBN is NOT a vote winner. it is in fact a risky operation that could lose tens of billions of dollars.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 3:16pm

Quote:
THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE OF AUSTRALIA DOESNT WANT THE CARBON TAX

EVIDENCE??????????????????????
without it your thread is just another lie.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #27 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 3:26pm

Experts in communications say that fibre optic is the best technology.....Why shouldn't Australians have the best considering the revenue that will be generated by the mining tax the ETS and a cut to weathfare.....The Howard government squandered the revenue during there term of office and provided no infrastructure to grow the national economy....Labor will use some of the revenue to provide the best communications network in the world.....What would you have the proceeds of the next boom spent on Longy.....More tax cuts and tax concessions for high income earners.....I fail to see any rational argument why the NBN should not be built!!!

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 5:47pm

Quote:
EVIDENCE??????????????????????
without it your thread is just another lie.

What your telling me Skip, that you havent been reading the last recent Morgan and Galaxy polls where Labors primary vote has been dipping down around 30% and has been hanging around the low 30s, ever since JuLIAR Gilliard BROKE HER PLEDGE NOT TO BRING IN A CARBON TAX, ????

Well Skip I guess you can only find comfort in SELF DENIAL of what is happening politically to labor and the Carbon tax.

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #29 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 6:33pm

The so called precise and accurate polls of morgan, galaxy, the ones that the laborites love and use in there posts,  or whatever you fancy continue to confirm alongside NSW state labors decimation in that NSW state election with historic proportions that Labor is NOT WANTED because it wants to continue to impose a tax that has the potential to DAMAGE entire industries in an attempt to change an entire economy to fulfill this Green left agarian vision on there TERMS.

The polls have being consistent in measuring the fact that most australians oppose this Carbon tax for some time, SO WHY THE HELL FIGHT IT, FIGHT THE MAJORITY ????

I mean these Unions woke up now and are now tiptoeing to the majority position on this tax NO B****Y CARBON TAX, I guess the heckling from the steel workers made them see with open eyes that there is a MAJORITY out there who HATE THIS TAX, no matter how much these idiots from Canberra who think they can take us on guilt trips by reciting vague temperature numbers and other vague and hazy scientific data on global temperatures in there speeches reeking with SELF RIGHTEOUSNESS

So I ask you when will Labor get the message, WE DONT WANT AND NEED THIS *&%#** TAX

Very good equation to your opening comment styder , in the age.

http://www.theage.com.au/opinion/politics/a-nation-of-fickle-fools-20110412-1dcj...

The Australian public keeps changing its mind on climate change. No wonder our leaders don't know where to step.

Most Australians say they don't want a carbon tax. So what do they want? After all, over the past year, Australians have transformed themselves from a citizenry worried about global warming, and asking for something to be done, into an outraged mob indignant to discover that their noble desire to protect the future means they must pay a bit more for petrol and power.

How easily the public's penny-pinching is exploited by a handful of ranting shock jocks. "The carbon tax is a terrible injustice, foisted on the battlers by out-of-touch elites," they fulminate, before turning off their spittle-flecked microphones to return to their harbour-side penthouses.

What is so dispiriting about the scare campaign is that the deployment of infantile and transparently manipulative phrases such as "a great big new tax" can work so well on the Australian public.
What do Australians want? The answer is clear. We want symbols of action but not action itself. We want to hear words that make us feel good about ourselves but none that ask us to make any sacrifice. We care about climate change, but we hate the idea of having to do anything about it.

Give us leaders, says the great Australian public, as long as they do not ask us to follow. So the public gets what it wants - hollow leaders who will go through the motions, massaging their sense of entitlement to make them feel secure.
In the face of an overwhelming threat to all we treasure, to our very future, we repudiate action and instead retreat into wishful thinking.

Yet hope without action is just a vapour. We have outsourced our fate to a phantom - maybe a bit of technological magic will save us, or a god will take pity on us. Or something, we don't know what, will just happen.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print