Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Extremism exposed (Read 15229 times)
bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Extremism exposed
Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:15pm

It has come to a pretty pass when criticism of Labor govts, coupled with tongue in cheek humour, is censored on this board.

Henceforth are we to regard criticism of Labor as forbidden? Freedom of speech gone?

It is not unremarked that this person mozzaok, who holds the power, is a Labor supporter.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Extremism exposed
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:47pm

Bogarde,  if your A listers can't see that this is the plain and simple truth -  the mind boggles at  their "heads in the sand" attitudes.

"  A Bill for an Act to raise revenue for certain purposes including, but not limited to, the destruction of whatever commercial & industrial prosperity the govt has not yet succeeded in crippling, to be known by the short title of The Carbon Tax.

Can anyone tell me how much temperature change this folly will yield either here or in the globe generally?

No?

Can anyone tell me why anyone who is compensated for their rising bills will be encouraged to reduce their electricity consumption?

No?

Can anyone tell me why this country should not continue to benefit from the efficiencies of cheap coal it has in abundance when it will continue to be shipped out in ever-increasing tonnages to China, India & the rest?

No?

These people - Gillard, Rudd Combat and the rest - are enemies of the people.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:06pm

nichy wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:47pm:
Bogarde,  if your A listers can't see that this is the plain and simple truth -  the mind boggles at  their "heads in the sand" attitudes.

"  A Bill for an Act to raise revenue for certain purposes including, but not limited to, the destruction of whatever commercial & industrial prosperity the govt has not yet succeeded in crippling, to be known by the short title of The Carbon Tax.

Can anyone tell me how much temperature change this folly will yield either here or in the globe generally?

No?

Can anyone tell me why anyone who is compensated for their rising bills will be encouraged to reduce their electricity consumption?

No?

Can anyone tell me why this country should not continue to benefit from the efficiencies of cheap coal it has in abundance when it will continue to be shipped out in ever-increasing tonnages to China, India & the rest?

No?

These people - Gillard, Rudd Combat and the rest - are enemies of the people.

I am not sure, if this is the banned post?

That said, the Labor party's Carbon Tax & the Liberal Party's ETS (under Malcolm), are both simply taxes!

Neither would change the Publics habits and therefore the Production of GHG's, unless the relevant increases were massive.

As has already been shown, via Energy cost increases already coming thru the system, without any ETS or Carbon Tax, people will not change their habits, unless it hurts and hurts BIG TIME and that is absolutely wrong at the present time.

If actions are to be effective, in reducing GHG's, as I think is required, then the only real solution is for governments to legislate annual reductions in GHG's and back that up with TAX CREDITS OR DEBITS, to enforce comliance!

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:10pm

And Tony Abbott giving Polluting industry 30 BILLION DOLLARS OF TAXPAYER MONEY is sound policy how???????
C'mon don't run from the question this time, it's Liberal policy agrued by both Greg Hunt & Tony Abbott.
Remember there are NO STRINGS to this cash you just have to be a major polluter of CO2.
Bogarde & now you Nich want to bag Labor for their spending so explain how this will reduce temperature & provide value for money for us.

I too am making a list & I'm checking it twice & frankly on the year performance so far you both will be getting a lump of coal which you then can burn in protest Tongue

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:17pm

Neither would change the Publics habits and therefore the Production of GHG's, unless the relevant increases were massive. [quote]

perceptions,  those of us on budgets ,especially in NSW,  have already changed out habits re energy usage.  The only way further we can go is to revert to cooking over an open fire, washing in the creek, and using candles to light our way.  Forget keeping warm (or cool)  we just can't afford it.

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:21pm

nichy wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:17pm:
Neither would change the Publics habits and therefore the Production of GHG's, unless the relevant increases were massive. [quote]

perceptions,  those of us on budgets ,especially in NSW,  have already changed out habits re energy usage.  The only way further we can go is to revert to cooking over an open fire, washing in the creek, and using candles to light our way.  Forget keeping warm (or cool)  we just can't afford it.

So Tone's giving polluters 30 BILLION of YOUR money
You are getting NO COMPENSATION
Electricity bills are STILL going up
So's food, petrol any everything else
But that's OK Tones in power
FFS

REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:32pm

This why I am extreme if you like about the carbon tax. Our economy cannot afford either a MRRT or a carbon tax in the perilous climate that exists.

"As I have said many times before, a hard landing in China is the biggest risk facing the Australian economy. Even a slowdown of Chinese growth to 5% could see overall commodity prices fall by 30-40% according to a recent report by Canada’s TD Economics. And Australia’s two largest exports – iron ore and coal – would be hit particularly hard, adversely affecting Australian growth, jobs and government revenues. The flow on impacts to the rest of the Australian economy – from the housing market, to the banks and retail – could be devastating, potentially culminating in a deep recession and falling asset values.

The future trajectory of the Chinese economy is the big unknown. Hence, it might pay to operate with an increased margin of safety, just in case Australia’s largest and most important trading partner hits a speed bump."

From: Andy Xie, an independent economist based in Shanghai and the former Morgan Stanley chief Asia-Pacific economist (see larger extract in China's Miracle thread)

PS smithy I am honoured that you are honoured.

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:35pm

bogarde73 wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:32pm:
This why I am extreme if you like about the carbon tax. Our economy cannot afford either a MRRT or a carbon tax in the perilous climate that exists.

"As I have said many times before, a hard landing in China is the biggest risk facing the Australian economy. Even a slowdown of Chinese growth to 5% could see overall commodity prices fall by 30-40% according to a recent report by Canada’s TD Economics. And Australia’s two largest exports – iron ore and coal – would be hit particularly hard, adversely affecting Australian growth, jobs and government revenues. The flow on impacts to the rest of the Australian economy – from the housing market, to the banks and retail – could be devastating, potentially culminating in a deep recession and falling asset values.

The future trajectory of the Chinese economy is the big unknown. Hence, it might pay to operate with an increased margin of safety, just in case Australia’s largest and most important trading partner hits a speed bump."

From: Andy Xie, an independent economist based in Shanghai and the former Morgan Stanley chief Asia-Pacific economist (see larger extract in China's Miracle thread)

PS smithy I am honoured that you are honoured.

So do you agree with Abbott's Climate Change Policy?????

Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:37pm

Calling someone an enemy of the people because you disagree with the policy is extreme.

There were many policies that Howard inacted I did not agree with, however, I never said he was an ENEMY Of the people because I had some hope that he was putting in place bullcrap with the purpose of improving Australia, based on his ideology.

Just because you don't agree with something the government is doing does not mean they are enemies.

1. Giving people compensation for rising costs of living due to the Carbon Tax will in affect change some people's behaviour - when I get free money from the government I try to save it, thereby I will attempt to reduce my energy use.

2.  No one is talking about this being the core solution to the world's problems; it is Australia showing to the rest of the world that we are committed to doing what needs to be done in an attempt to reduce the effects of climate change.  Sitting back and waiting is what scared and insecure people do; being proactive is what intelligent people do.

3.  Tony's plan is garbage.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:42pm

Hope  'enemy of the people' is not just condone to labor and carbon taxes..

Tony Abbott has a big decision to make — will he take the money or will he consider the health of Australians who smoke?

Senior correspondent Barry Everingham reports.

When Parliament resumes for the Budget session in a few weeks time, Nicola Roxon will introduce first in the world legislation which will outlaw advertising on cigarette packaging.

The rest of the western world is breathlessly agog — success here will mean they will undoubtedly follow.

Which way will Tony jump?

He already gets millions from the fossil fuel industry, and their cohorts in the tobacco lobby spent a reputed $4 million during the last federal election campaign campaigning against plain packaging.

They also pump a huge amount into the Liberal Party’s coffers and Tony Abbott and his health spokesman Peter Dutton are tap dancing around the question, refusing to give straight answers.

It’s all depressingly familiar.
He’s letting the polluters off the hook — will he stand by while thousands of Australians die from cigarette smoking?

http://www.independentaustralia.net/2011/business/tony-abbott-big-tobacco-and-as...

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:42pm

smithy, I don't agree with any climate plan atm, certainly when it makes no difference, can make no difference (none of you have answered that question have you?) unless China, India & the USA are going to do the same.

alevine, I never agree with anything you say.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:43pm

bogarde73 wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:42pm:
smithy, I don't agree with any climate plan atm, certainly when it makes no difference, can make no difference (none of you have answered that question have you?) unless China, India & the USA are going to do the same.

alevine, I never agree with anything you say.

I'm touched, as always Smiley

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:56pm

For the umtenth it is NOT about reducing Temperature.
IT's about REDUCING CO2 in the atmosphere.
If your going to argue against something at least get the premise right
No one has said we could reduce temperature what IS said is that by reducing CO2 in the atmosphere we will REDUCE the tepmerature increases.

Because if your smart you will seek out energy providers that are not effected by the tax therefore your compensation becomes a pay increase/tax cut.
But if your too lazy to pick up the phone/search the web for the best deal your hardly going to do those more onerous tacks such as switching appliances off at the wall are you.

Still working on this one.

Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 2:14pm

Credible scientist have already said publically that if the whole planet stopped polluting today, it would take over 1000 years for the whole planet to decrease by ½ degree in temperature with the amount of CO2 that’s already in the atmosphere, but the Labs don’t want hear the science.

All Juliar is interested in is putting another tax on the Australian people that “might” reduce Australia’s CO2 emissions by 0.0004% over the next 25 years.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 2:25pm

For the umtenth it is NOT about reducing Temperature.
I think you're splitting hairs here.

Because if your smart you will seek out energy providers that are not effected by the tax
Some people will do that anyway, but the overall impact will not be to reduce usage.

Still working on this one.
Well maybe it's because the Greens would like to see all coal mines closed. That would be great for the economy.

Let's face it, this tax is about wealth redistribution, which was tried 90 years ago and it took them 70 years to decide it didn't work. Labor is a bit slow to catch on that's all.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print