Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print
This person is our finance minister (Read 26113 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

This person is our finance minister
Apr 10th, 2011 at 4:55pm

Quote:
Penny Wong on The Insiders, ABC, 10/04/11

PENNY WONG: This is not a tax that people pay. This is a tax that polluters pay, probably levied on around 1000 large polluters.

http://www.abc.net.au/insiders/content/2011/s3187135.htm

If that's the case why is there speculation about how much households will have to pay? It's mooted that households will be paying $700, $800 or more extra per year.

Penny Wong, our finance minister. And these clowns laugh at Barnaby Joyce.

If there are any religious people out there please say a prayer for Australia.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Re: This person is our finance minister
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:06pm

Its obvious you know FA about the carbon tax if you are stupid enough to write what you have, back to kindy for you.I cant even be bothered explaining it to you, you are obviously beyond comprehension stage.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:18pm

skippy. wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:06pm:
Its obvious you know FA about the carbon tax if you are stupid enough to write what you have, back to kindy for you.I cant even be bothered explaining it to you, you are obviously beyond comprehension stage.

but i note you are unable to make a factual demolition of the claims. you just respond hysterically like a clown.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:22pm

longweekend58 wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:18pm:
skippy. wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:06pm:

but i note you are unable to make a factual demolition of the claims. you just respond hysterically like a clown.

I would never dream of removing the crown of forum clown from you old man.

All ill say is anyone who hasn't been dead for the past couple of months would know that the carbon tax is not an individual tax, oh that's dead or plain stupid liars, we all know which one you are old man.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:24pm

PENNY WONG: This is not a tax that people pay.

what on earth is she talking about ????

If people don't pay it, who does ?  

Oh, silly me !!!    BUSINESS ie the BIG POLLUTERS are going to pay it -  

and then pass it on to US -  that means all of us skippy,  if we are going to drive, eat, drink,  turn the light on or turn the tap on.  

Savvy ??????

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:39pm

Households will be compensated in full through tax cuts, while industry will get a great, big, new price signal to begin investing in emissions reduction and clean energy technology.

Despite what the alarmists would have you believe, pricing carbon will cost households significantly less than the $51 billion in GST that they will pay in 2012 - 3.5 times less, according to Treasury:

http://www.treasury.gov.au/documents/1999/PDF/110110_TEM_CPI_%20impact_carbon_pr...

The Chicken Little scare campaign has very little factual basis, it is by far the cheapest way of reducing emissions and stimulating investment in clean energy. Certainly much cheaper than the oppositions "direct action" plan, which would slug taxpayers to the tune of $7 billion a year and hand it straight to the biggest polluters.

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:43pm

nichy wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:24pm:
If people don't pay it, who does ?  

"The people" will be compensated in full from the proceeds of the tax that come to the government.

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:54pm

and then pass it on to US -  that means all of us skippy,  if we are going to drive, eat, drink,  turn the light on or turn the tap on.  

Savvy ??????

Wong is going to pass a special law that prevents businesses from passing the tax onto business

This law has never worked anywhere else in the world or in any century that tax has existed

But Wong is confident this law will work based on the film Matrix

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #8 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:55pm

astro_surf wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:43pm:
"The people" will be compensated in full from the proceeds of the tax that come to the government.

Please show us policies from the ALP that propose to compensate all 22 million Australians

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:58pm

astro_surf wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:39pm:
Households will be compensated in full through tax cuts, while industry will get a great, big, new price signal to begin investing in emissions reduction and clean energy technology.

Despite what the alarmists would have you believe, pricing carbon will cost households significantly less than the $51 billion in GST that they will pay in 2012 - 3.5 times less, according to Treasury:

http://www.treasury.gov.au/documents/1999/PDF/110110_TEM_CPI_%20impact_carbon_pr...

The Chicken Little scare campaign has very little factual basis, it is by far the cheapest way of reducing emissions and stimulating investment in clean energy. Certainly much cheaper than the oppositions "direct action" plan, which would slug taxpayers to the tune of $7 billion a year and hand it straight to the biggest polluters.

and pigs will fly. you can bet big time that households will NOT be compensated in full and frankly that woudl defeat the purpose anyhow. carbon schemes are already in place in the EU and they already admit they have changed emissions by 0%.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #10 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:02pm

btw longie

I remember 18 months ago the Federal ALP gave pensioners a $30 rebate

The ALP in SA then increased their housing cost by $30  Grin Grin Grin

So even if Gillard was to compensate people - the State ALP government will strip them of this money anyway

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:06pm

Quote:
you can bet big time that households will NOT be compensated in full and frankly that woudl defeat the purpose anyhow

No it wouldn't.

Quote:
carbon schemes are already in place in the EU and they already admit they have changed emissions by 0%

No they haven't. This sounds like Abbott's 'misunderstanding' all over again.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #12 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:11pm

freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:06pm:
No they haven't. This sounds like Abbott's 'misunderstanding' all over again.

YES THEY HAVE!!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:18pm

Sorry Maqqa. Given your inability to understand a simple statement from Flannery I am not going to take your word for it.

Quote 'them'.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 10th, 2011 at 6:21pm

Maqqa wrote on Apr 10th, 2011 at 5:54pm:

Savvy ??????

Wong is going to pass a special law that prevents businesses from passing the tax onto business

This law has never worked anywhere else in the world or in any century that tax has existed

But Wong is confident this law will work based on the film Matrix

good luck on trying to force ANY business not to pass on increased costs!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5
Send Topic Print