thou shalt not steal (Read 20735 times)
mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: thou shalt not steal
Reply #15 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:22am

Lestat wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:00am:
nah...apparently its only muslims.

Will you show the same outrage Lisa? I somehow doubt it. Save your crocadile tears for someone who will fall for your crap, we both know how you truly feel about muslims.

One less muslims is a good thing...eh.

You can't expect an objective response from a Christian Lestat - unfortunately religion tends to distort the minds of the professed devout.

Quote:
As if child murder isn't rampant in this country.

The despicable crimes Aussie Christians commit against their own children don't seem to warrant much of a response from you Lisa, only this case?

Extremist behaviour in other countries will always be raised in Australia as an example of Islam by the closed minded. You're right - considering we're a wealthy and supposedly educated country, child abuse and murder is rampant here. No-one intervenes until it's too late - yet we demand such a high moral standard of behaviour from developing countries, especially if Muslims are involved.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:40am

abu_rashid wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
Belgarion,

Quote:
This attempt at moral equivalence just does not work. These cases you mention are the acts of sick individuals who have been condemned by society

What you mean is you don't want it to work, because it completely throws this nonsensical rant on its ear. Doesn't mean it doesn't work, in fact it works quite well. Your disdain for it working does not prevent it from being relevant.

The cases I mention are not isolated cases, they are happening all over the place, as is the systematic and widespread abuse of children under the care of various Christian church institutions.

Deny it all you like, the evidence is abundant. As I said Christians oughta read their own book and get the logs out of their own eyes.

Yes, these things do happen in western society, and far too often. But the difference is that when they come to light they are condemned by society and the perpetrators are punished, whereas in middle eastern society such violence is condoned and even celebrated.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/apr/25/middle-east-child-abuse-pede...

This is just one link detailing the way children are treated in middle eastern culture. There are many, many more. If the bloke who threw his daughter off the bridge had been a muslim carrying out a so-called 'honour killing' what would you have to say then?
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:48am by Belgarion »  

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #17 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:43am

Lestat wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:01am:
chicken_lipsforme wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:50am:
Another extremist whacko.
Hang the scumbag.

If only he was a jew in Israel...over there you get medals for murdering muslims kids.

Perhaps Hamas should stop using them around rocket launch sites to soak up ball bearings.
Kids, they blow up so soon nowadays.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:02am

Not a single word of criticism against a fellow muslim?
Even one who systematically tortures a 7 year old to death, in a place where he should have been protected, his school, does not bring a single word against the perpetrator from these people so estranged from reality by the demands of their out of date, and out of step, system of belief.

Too cowed by the oppressive demands of an all pervading system of belief, to even voice sympathy for a tortured child, now that is sad.
It seems these people are so bound by restrictions that they must wait to see what a more senior person will direct them to say, be it condemnation of the vile act committed, or praise of an equally violent retributive act of punishment?
Who knows?
I doubt whether they even know themselves.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:33am

FFS ABU .. YOU HAVE NOT YET INDICATED YOUR OUTRAGE AT THIS EVENT!

THAT ALONE TELLS ME ALL I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOU!

PFFFT!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #20 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:35am

abu_rashid wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 7:38pm:

The despicable crimes Aussie Christians commit against their own children don't seem to warrant much of a response from you Lisa, only this case?

What was it the other day? A man who threw his own daughter off the West Gate Bridge? Or a few weeks ago a man who moved to the U.S and let his new wife murder his invalid daughter. The cases are endless in your own backyard Lisa, from your own co-religionists. No need for you to bother looking at Islam & Muslims. What does your holy book say again? log in your eye?

Nice deflection Abu.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #21 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:37am

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:35am:
abu_rashid wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 7:38pm:

What was it the other day? A man who threw his own daughter off the West Gate Bridge? Or a few weeks ago a man who moved to the U.S and let his new wife murder his invalid daughter. The cases are endless in your own backyard Lisa, from your own co-religionists. No need for you to bother looking at Islam & Muslims. What does your holy book say again? log in your eye?

Nice deflection Abu.

THAT IS ALL ABU HAS DONE IN HERE! BLOODY PATHETIC ISN'T IT???

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #22 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:38am

Lisa Jones wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 7:14pm:
Saiful Syazani Saiful Sopfidee had multiple head injuries and internal bleeding after allegedly being tied to a window for two hours, beaten and strangled.

OMG that ^^^ just ripped my heart apart.

I cannot even begin to imagine what the little kid went through before he died.

REST IN PEACE LITTLE ANGEL.

Just read that again .. and it brought me to tears.

IT HAPPENED IN SCHOOL FFS! WHAT WERE THE OTHER TEACHERS DOING AT THIS TIME FFS??

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #23 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 11:20am

Belgarion wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 9:40am:
abu_rashid wrote on Apr 4th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
Deny it all you like, the evidence is abundant. As I said Christians oughta read their own book and get the logs out of their own eyes.

Yes, these things do happen in western society, and far too often. But the difference is that when they come to light they are condemned by society and the perpetrators are punished, whereas in middle eastern society such violence is condoned and even celebrated.

Didn't the article say that the punishment for this crime was death? That's more than the bloke who threw his daughter off the bridge will get?

I think some of us would like to see the death penalty reintroduced. At present our laws are very lax in regard to punishment. There's no deterrant for murderers and child abusers and they can reoffend over and over again.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #24 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm

mozzaok wrote on Apr 5th, 2011 at 10:02am:
Even one who systematically tortures a 7 year old to death, in a place where he should have been protected, his school, does not bring a single word against the perpetrator from these people so estranged from reality by the demands of their out of date, and out of step, system of belief.

Too cowed by the oppressive demands of an all pervading system of belief, to even voice sympathy for a tortured child, now that is sad.
It seems these people are so bound by restrictions that they must wait to see what a more senior person will direct them to say, be it condemnation of the vile act committed, or praise of an equally violent retributive act of punishment?
Who knows?
I doubt whether they even know themselves.

Mozza .. you are throwing pearls before swine.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #25 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:16pm

Quote:
If the bloke who threw his daughter off the bridge had been a muslim carrying out a so-called 'honour killing' what would you have to say then?

I'd say he's a murderer who should be dealt with to the full extent of the law, just as this guy should be.

Mozza,

Quote:

Yeh sorry mate, we were too busy tripping over the gaping canyon of hypocrisy displayed by Aussie Christians, whose own society is rampant with such actions.

Look, you should know by now that we're not fickle little reactionaries here who jump up and down with timed precision everytime you post something that is supposed to enrage us.

If you want a predictable ritualistic reaction to your posts, try the extermism exposed forum.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #26 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:21pm

Quote:
Didn't the article say that the punishment for this crime was death? That's more than the bloke who threw his daughter off the bridge will get?

Mantra you can't expect these simpletons to comprehend that the society there will deal much more justly with the perpetrator of this crime than is done here, where they get reduced sentences, cushy villas... errr umm low security detention facilities, all paid for by the taxpayer mind you.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #27 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 7:27pm

Quote:
Mozza .. you are throwing pearls before swine.

Amusing... coming from a swine-consumer.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 8:26pm

Quote:
This is typical of the ignorant and xenophobic mindset that's becoming all too prevalent in this country. If tens of thousands of priests worldwide are committing atrocities against little kids in an organised and systemic manner, then they're just individuals and the religion is not implicated, yet if one single Muslim commits a crime, then the entire religion and all its followers are to blame. In your deluded little mind up is down and left is right and right is wrong.

You are confused Abu. Our objection is not limited to the single incident of the child dying.

Quote:
because it completely throws this nonsensical rant on its ear.

What rant?

Quote:

Abu why do you always try to phrase any issue with Islam as an issue between Christianity and Islam? Are you suggesting that Athiests would not object, or that the validity of the criticism depends on the religion of the person it comes from? Do you see Christians attacking Muslims whenever a priest rapes a child? Why are your deflections somehow less absurd than that?

Quote:
Look, you should know by now that we're not fickle little reactionaries here who jump up and down with timed precision everytime you post something that is supposed to enrage us.

Funny, that's exactly what it looks like. Perhaps you should rethink your strategy.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #29 - Apr 5th, 2011 at 8:37pm

Oh the dreaded immoral web that we weave upon the precipise

Yield to the Christ Light - Look what happened to the Chosen People for rejecting the love of Jesus

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print